Posting History for Jack McCullough
|The NSA, the CIA, and the Cold War: A book review of Patriotic Betrayal by Karen M. Paget
When I was growing up in the 1960's my parents used to tell me stories about their activities in the National Student Association in the late 40's and early 50's. Liberal Democrats, they would tell ...
I'm sure you don't recognize this guy, because, after all, you don't live in Idaho. If you did you might recognize him as Barry McHugh, the prosecuting attorney for Kootenai County, Idaho. Old ...
|Hell yes, prosecute them
The most bizarre reaction to come out of Tuesday's release of the Senate Intelligence Committee's torture report has to be the calls, mostly from liberals, for Obama to pardon everyone involved. Yes,
|HAPPY ANNIVERSARY: Open Thread
Today and tomorrow, August 8 and 9, mark the glorious fortieth anniversary of the end of the Nixon regime, so it's appropriate to look back, post some memories, and maybe think about the ...
|This is what legalization looks like
It's started to spread across the country, especially in beer aficionado circles, but here's a news story that first started attracting chuckles here in Vermont. From the Burlington Free Press: The ...
|The banality of evil
In her book Eichmann in Jerusalem Hannah Arendt coined the phrase " the banality of evil " to capture the sheer horror of someone like Adolf Eichmann, who carried out his executions of the Jews in ...
|My top books of 2013
Note that I'm not saying "top ten", because I don't necessarily know how many I'll want to list. Still, I have a feeling that I won't have trouble with the dividing line between the books I would ...
|More proof that vaccines kill
From the New York Times: Dr. Michiaki Takahashi, whose experience caring for his 3-year-old son after the boy contracted chickenpox led him to develop a vaccine for the virus that is now used all ...
|Support Our Troops! (Some of them, anyway)
The states of Oklahoma and Texas have revived one of the beloved traditions of the Civil Rights Movement in the sunny South: the segregation academy. Back in the 1950's, 60's, and 70's many ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Jack McCullough
- Read Meryl Streep’s introduction of Hillary Clinton during the recent 2012 Women in the World conference: Two years ago when Tina Brown and Diane von Furstenberg first envisioned this conference, ...570 comments 510 Recs
- On Easter Monday morning, April 24, 1916, hundreds of men and women arrived at Liberty Hall, Dublin, many by bicycle, ready to fight for their independence from England. They came from the Irish ...18 comments 39 Recs
- In a typical water fountain discussion my conservative republican co worker raised the issue of his 2014 taxes and how unfair our tax system is when he has to pay 28% to the feds on his six figure ...98 comments 278 Recs
- Yesterday was Reagan's birthday. I share this post for with those who start dripping with sentimentality forgetting what he did, what his legacy is still doing, and worst of all, (for my ...317 comments 585 Recs
- In their frantic attempt to either 1) deny they are waging a war on women or 2) win the non-existent war, the Republicans sent out a woman to give their response. At least it wasn't Michele Bachman...536 comments 1076 Recs
- Reposted on the anniversary of the assassination of Rev. King. MB This will be a very short diary. It will not contain any links or any scholarly references. It is about a very ...1030 comments 1686 Recs
- Pushing for new sanctions on Iran, at a moment of historic diplomatic breakthrough, is fomenting warBipartisan Congressional attempts to impose new sanctions on Iran just when President Obama's diplomatic efforts are part of a paradigmatic breakthrough in U.S.-Iranian relations, and in Iran's ...150 comments 126 Recs
- So Vermont is proud of its precedent-setting history, and we hope to add to our list of firsts with functional single payer by decade's end . But wait you say, after outlawing slavery and allowing ...34 comments 43 Recs
Jack McCullough's Tags
- No current results.
Jack McCullough's Blogroll
- No current results.