Below you'll find recent contributions related to Jim R's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Capitol Police to undergo additional bathroom training
Raise your hand if you found someone else's ...
|Midday open thread: Middle East needs imperialism? Emissions controls to slash coal; Kincannon flips
Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is The bad intelligence : What you may have missed on ...
|Hellraisers Journal: Mary R. Alspaugh: "The United Mine Workers of Colorado are starving today."
|Teachers of the Year tell us what's holding students back and where they'd spend education money
President Obama with 2015 teacher of the year Shanna Peeples. Every year, each state chooses its teacher of the year. This year, the Council of Chief State School Officers and ...
|U.S. is paying the price for not investing in trains, and it's stupid
House Speaker John Boehner may think it's "stupid" to suggest that the recent fatal Amtrak crash had anything to do with lack of funding, but the evidence ...
|What Conservatives (And Politico) Still Don’t Understand About Fox News
|History 101: "Globists Cannot be Christians"
Within the overall Christian community, there continues to be waged the debate over who is really a Christian and who is not. For many, this is a debate about belief: belief in the Bible rather than ...
|What a waste ... Memorial Day (a short story)
This short story was previously published on Monday, May 28, 2012, as "Memorial ...
|Mark E Andersen||05/25/2015||36|
|Cartoon: The bad intelligence
Support independent cartooning: join Sparky's List —and be sure to visit TT'...
|Remembering soldiers of color on Memorial Day
United States Army Private First Class William K. Nakamura, U.S. Medal of Honor recipient, awarded posthumously. In "
|Denise Oliver Velez||05/25/2015||106|
|Daily Kos Radio is IN FOR REPAIRS at 9 am ET!
What does that mean? It means that the trusty MacBook that has powered the show for three years is on the blink, and might have to go live on the Apple Farm, if you know what I'm saying. But, ...
|Abbreviated pundit round-up: Young people getting shafted on pay; the real first Memorial Day
E.J. Dionne Jr. at The Washington Post writes The right’s political correctness : Accommodating right-wing primary voters poses real risks to the party in next year’s elections. Its candidates’
|Open thread for night owls. A reprise: 'Lies, Damned Lies, a Searchable Database of Lies'||Meteor Blades||05/24/2015||69|
|American reality distorted by media coverage and police response
In the last few days America witnessed something many have been stating for decades. The media coverage and interpretation of events is demonstrably race based. I walked into my home from after ...
|The promise of NewSpace
Ceres as revealed by NASA's Dawn spacecraft on May 4, 2015, from a distance of 8,400 miles (13,600 kilometers). The bright spots may be water ice. We throw a lot of terms around here on Daily Kos, ...
|Sanders: Campaign coverage should focus on issues instead of outrage, gossip and Facebook comments||Meteor Blades||05/24/2015||152|
|Memorial Day and Flanders Fields
I often struggle to write about Memorial Day. It is about more ...
|Mark E Andersen||05/24/2015||95|
|$15 minimum wage in L.A. is great. But it was only necessary because a Democratic Congress blew it
If national Democrats had done their job, ...
|Hellraisers Journal: Labor Editor of Chicago Denounces Upcoming Convention of Industrial Unionists
You ought to be out raising hell. This is the fighting age. Put on your fighting clothes. -Mother Jones ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` Wednesday ...
|When Hippies Roamed the Earth
Tears well as a tsunami of emotion rises in me threatening to break through my skin and fill the world. All it takes is a song, a word, a memory - and I rumble like an earthquake down where the deep ...
|One Pissed Off Liberal||05/24/2015||264|
|The perils of trying to define 'an accurate pollster'
If the majority of polls in 2014 were accurate, this guy would be Governor of Kansas. Next week, you can expect to see a piece offering a review of the performances of the polling community from ...
|Ancient Europe: Solutrean
Prehistory refers to the past for which there is no written history, which means that the primary information comes from the findings of archaeology. One of the periods of European prehistory is the ...
|Do not call me girl: Women in the workforce
Years ago, when my career depended on my being so much better at what I did than were the men I worked with, and my willingness to work twice as hard for 60.2 percent ...
|How did you begin to unlearn racism?
Overpass Light Brigade, "Unlearn Racism" When the Overpass Light Brigade brought the message of " ...
|Denise Oliver Velez||05/24/2015||504|
|Sunday Talk: Not enough circuses
Faced with the prospect of a ...
|Knowing what we've known all along...
Would you lie the country into war? Order people tortured to death? Start wars while cutting taxes to the shamefully rich? Continue to trash the planet and fuck over its people? Push policies based ...
|One Pissed Off Liberal||05/19/2015||112|
|Epistles from Dumbf*ckistan
I wrote a diary the other day that apparently struck a nerve. It got passed around some on Twitter and FaceBook and you wouldn't believe the swarm of haters and trolls that swept into the diary to ...
|One Pissed Off Liberal||05/13/2015||284|
Recommended by Jim R
- E.J. Dionne Jr. at The Washington Post writes The right’s political correctness : Accommodating right-wing primary voters poses real risks to the party in next year’s elections. Its candidates’48 comments 47 Recs
- Politico's nothingburger story on Warren's ...82 comments 103 Recs
- The Kansas Community of Pratt was rocked this afternoon with a 4.6 Earthquake. The earthquake, located about 89 miles west of Wichita and close to nearby Pratt is neither the first or largest ...81 comments 152 Recs
- The Senate advanced fast-track authority for the Trans-Pacific Partnership on Thursday.52 comments 21 Recs
- The idiot climate denialist website http://wattsupwiththat.com, run by the idiot climate denialist Anthony Watts , is fond of running graphs proclaiming NO GLOBAL WARMING FOR ‘XX’ YEARS ‘X’ ...68 comments 153 Recs
- WaPo : Democrats say they are happy to see Republicans race to the right, since they believe it will put the eventual GOP nominee out of step with the general electorate. Some Republicans are ...219 comments 47 Recs
- Who says Bernie Sanders can't win? If he keeps coming up with simple mind blowing ideas like he did on CNN the other day , he is going to win a lot of votes! Simple yes, mind blowing, only if you ...428 comments 406 Recs
- The Iraqi regime possesses biological and chemical weapons, is rebuilding the facilities to make more and, according to the British government, could launch a biological or chemical attack in as ...348 comments 558 Recs