Posting History for Johnnythebandit
|DOJ sues S&P for Fraud
Finally, something's happening The U.S. Justice Department filed a complaint yesterday in federal court in Los Angeles, accusing McGraw-Hill and S&P of mail fraud, wire fraud and financial ...
|Breaking: 2 Million Indonesian Workers On Strike
In 24 cities across the country, millions have walked off the job and taken to the streets. They're demanding an increase in the country's barely livable minimum wage of $170. Although the minimum ...
|Why Local Politics Are More Important Than DC Politics
People on this site and virtually every political activist spends almost all of their time hyper focused on DC politics. But this is a horrible strategy as it leaves out state and local politics ...
|Breaking: Victory for Saudi Women's Rights
In the most holy Islamic country where women must cover from head to toe when in the presence of any man other than their fathers brothers and husbands. Where women and men are forbidden ...
|Portland, Seattle Take the Next Step Against Big Banks
After millions of individuals moved their money from the megabanks into credit unions, city governments are following suit. First it was Seattle and now Portland considering the idea ...
|Fired for loving a woman and hating sweatshops
One of the most important aspects of successful totalitarian regime is a well run division of surveillance. Luckily, American corporations have become very skilled at this to the point where they ...
|Breaking: Big Victory For Free Speech and Press Against Police Brutality
Like many of you I am disgusted by the extreme police brutality that we've seen during the Wall Street Occupation. Sadly this is not a new thing in our supposedly free country. Way back in '08, ...
|Anti-Capitalist Meet-Up: Corporations Are Dictatorships
Corporations are dictatorships. The major shareholders and the board of directors make all of the important decisions which are passed down the chain of command to employees who have no say in this ...
|We Don't Need Social Security Anymore
or Medicare. These programs were just training wheels which we've finally outgrown. They have outlived their usefulness and that money could be better spent on wars, prisons, and tax cuts. Right ...
|What Howard Zinn Really Said About Obama
I was pleasantly surprised to see Howard Zinn's name right on top of the rec list. The diary highlighted some excellent points such as: We don't live in a democracy . . . we live in a ...
|Breaking: Yemen's President Won't Run For Reelection
SANAA, Yemen – The Yemeni president told parliament on Wednesday he will not seek another term in office or hand power to his son — an apparent reaction to protests in this ...
|Egypt, Financial Markets, and Wall Street
“According to our analysis, 88 percent of the ‘Egyptian Internet’ has fallen off the Internet,’” said Andree Toonk at BGPmon, a monitoring site that checks ...
|Breaking: Prisoners on Strike in GA
In a protest apparently assembled largely through a network of banned cellphones, inmates across at least six prisons in Georgia have been on strike since Thursday, calling for better ...
|A Victory (For Our Side) In The Class War
Florida's tomato pickers are the most exploited workers. They have to wake up for a 5 AM bus to the fields and work in the blistering heat for less than minimum wage. None of the New Deal reforms ...
|Wikileaks Exposes Government Hypocrisy
The reaction to the latest Wikileaks really strike a nerve. Huckabee and other conservatives are calling for execution. Rep. Peter King called Wikileaks a "terrorist organization. Many democrats are ...
|Nice Victories, Keep the Momentum Going
Last night was a great night for progressives. In PA and KY, we had 2 senate candidates win who were pro EFCA, pro public option. We confronted the democratic establishment and won in red and purple ...
|The Farmworker Freedom March (Action Diary)
Every tomato you eat is harvested by the poorest of the poor workers in Immokalee, FL. The tomato pickers wake up at 4:30 AM and wait for buses to pick them up. There is no job security. Once they ...
|Let's Give Single Payer A Seat At The Table
This Tuesday, May 12, the Senate Finance Subcommittee is holding its final roundtable on healthcare reform. Unfortunately, they have yet to include a single payer advocate on the panel. However, ...
|ACTION DIARY: Public Option Healthcare
Just finished the meeting about public option healthcare with Dr. Dean online. I am an advocate for single payer healthcare. The public option is the best health reform that could get passed this ...
|ACTION DIARY: Holding Conservadems Accountable
With President Obama's power and a large democratic majority in both houses of congress, you'd think that progressive change is imminent. Unfortunately, progress is blocked by the conservadems, ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Johnnythebandit
- Throughout the last week or more as this drama in a dixie cup played out I found a critical option missing from the media menu. We've seen bomb now, bomb later, boots on or off the ground, tomahawk ...228 comments 524 Recs
- Originally published at Tikkun Daily | In order for a representative democracy to properly function, a simple pre-condition must be met: citizens must be allowed to see how elected officials, ...260 comments 249 Recs
- Well forgive me for jumping the gun here, but I believe I’ll vote for this woman when she’s ready to run for president. In the calmest sounding voice, and with the most ferocious demeanor, ...56 comments 79 Recs
- Add Pew Research to the list of pollsters finding a majority of Americans supporting marijuana legalization, something that would have been unthinkable just a few short years ago. They found ...120 comments 105 Recs
- This requires a special sort of stupid. This is a job for Asa Hutchinson. Former DEA chief won’t say why marijuana is different than alcohol Which, of course, it clearly is . Let us not get ...105 comments 126 Recs
- Judging by the response , there seems to be near universal agreement that the 4th Amendment is in serious jeopardy. So I decided to look at some of the lesser known, but equally important ...134 comments 157 Recs
- There are a lot of social justice and civil rights organizations doing great work in the United States. From CREDO, MoveOn, and Bold Progressives, to Daily Kos, ColorOfChange, ACLU, Electronic ...72 comments 40 Recs
- Look at the charts below, prepared by TIME Magazine for Brandon Friedman's article, " Just Who Do They Represent: At Hagel Hearing, Concern for Israel Tops U.S. Troops in Combat ." They visually ...562 comments 307 Recs
- MQ-9 Reaper drones have been used in targeted killings since 2007. NBC's Michael Isikoff reported Monday on ...543 comments 123 Recs
- Not sure that this warrants a diary, but I need to say it anyway. I've been a reluctant supporter of Obama ever since the 2008 primaries ended. I loved his speeches and agreed with most of his ...87 comments 281 Recs
- No current results.