Below you'll find recent contributions related to JosephK74's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|The origin of Memorial day
|Even the "best" scientists can be very myopic and miss the point
Salon's Joanna Rothkopf wrote this about Stephen Hawking: Stephen Hawking is still terrified of artificial intelligence "Computers will overtake humans with AI at some point within the next 100 ...
|The problem is "psychological" not technological
My co-author, Jim Coffman, sent me this on facebook . Ecocide: The Psychology of Environmental Destruction Here's what he said: "It's good to know that other scholars have independently come to ...
|Remembering my mother
Being in your 80th year does not do good things for your memory. On the other hand you don't have to remember details to be aware of what your mother meant to you and how she helped shape your life.
Recommended by JosephK74
- Who says Bernie Sanders can't win? If he keeps coming up with simple mind blowing ideas like he did on CNN the other day , he is going to win a lot of votes! Simple yes, mind blowing, only if you ...423 comments 405 Recs
- Yep, I made that statement in a room full of regularly attending church goers. There's a theological difference between a "good person" and a "Christian" that's lost on the average person. My point ...68 comments 164 Recs
- The corporate media would like you to think Bernie Sanders can't win the Democratic primary against Hillary Clinton. And they're doing their damnedest to make their own preference into a self-...286 comments 278 Recs
- There's been some notable discontent among progressives who look to Paul Krugman for his refreshing honesty on a number of topics and his willingness to state plainly when emperors are ...288 comments 204 Recs
- I've previously written that the president is a coward, hiding behind Nike and a whole host of other corporate sponsors in his pitch to pass the Trans Pacific Partnership. Probably the lowest he's ...145 comments 224 Recs
- From inside the belly of the beast on trade comes an illuminating view on the secrecy around the Trans Pacific Partnership. From an insider. Who knows. And he says: Sens. Warren and Sanders, and a ...217 comments 281 Recs
- On November 4, 2008, President Barack Obama proclaimed the following in his election night victory speech : "This is our time, to put our people back to work and open doors of opportunity for our ...142 comments 213 Recs
- If you missed David Roberts's disturbing, depressing piece Friday at Vox, it's more than worth a look. It's essential reading. Roberts, until recently one of the mainstays of the award-winning ...108 comments 177 Recs
- Just a brief diary to call attention to Elizabeth Warren's latest statement about TPP: On Monday, Warren fired back, showing that Obama simply has not effectively enforced existing labor standards ...151 comments 185 Recs
- There is a role for secret negotiations, at times. There is a time for discretion. Usually this crops up in foreign affairs, and usually to do with national security. Sometimes, for peace to occur, ...92 comments 157 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.