Posting History for KVoimakas
|RKBA: Turning Hawaii Shall Issue
First, shall issue concealed carry means that if the person applying for a carry permit meets the requirements (training, not a felon, meets age limit, etc), then the state must issue that person a ...
|RKBA: DE Supreme Court
Delaware isn't exactly known as being the most pro-RKBA state. Tongue planted firmly in cheek. But recently a Delaware Supreme Court decision has made life a bit more interesting for those who ...
|RKBA: Shall issue comes to Cali
In a recent diary , I mentioned that "good cause" was struck down over in Cali. Looks like there's been some rather quick (and good) movement on the issue of concealed carry in certain parts of ...
|RKBA: 9th Circuit strikes down...
What does the 9th circuit strike down? Here's a teaser: it involves public carry of firearms. Over the fold.
|RKBA: Cosmetics based bans are useless
The NY SAFE ACT. One of the more idiotic pieces of legislation I've seen come out of a state legislature with regards to firearms. Why? Over the fold.
|RKBA: Wendy Davis
Perhaps you've ...
A GOP appointed judge over in CT just upheld the idiotic gun control passed by the legislature. Ironically enough, it seems like his finding could be easily overturned once the appeal reaches ...
|RKBA: National Concealed Carry
Currently, if you have a concealed carry permit from your state, it's only good in so many *other* states. There are multiple problems with this. There's the legal side: a state issuing a license ...
|Share Our Wealth||KVoimakas||01/20/2014||14||9||-||-|
|RKBA: Myth Busting
There are certain pieces of information that are accepted as gospel when it comes to firearms and firearm related crime. A recent article attempts to debunk some of these myths. Hop over the jump ...
|RKBA: Illinois. About time.
Illinois finally allows civilian concealed carry of handguns. They were the last state in the union to completely ban civilian concealed carry but they joined the other 49 states and the carry ...
|RKBA: a Liberal Alternative to the NRA
I've mentioned the Liberal Gun Club here on DK before. forum main page membership page The LGC is...well, let's throw their boilerplate here and then move over the jump for the RKBA boilerplate ...
|RKBA: MAIG and MDA, a HuffPo Article
MAIG and MDA joined forces a bit ago. In the official sense. While this leads to some fun trying to combine names (Moms Demand Illegal Guns, Mayors Demand Illegal Moms, Moms Demand Action Against ...
|RKBA: NY SAFE ACT Mag Limits Overturned
So it looks like the first Federal Judge 'step' in the judicial review process says that the NY SAFE ACT is ok, except for the magazine restrictions. Over the jump for more details.
|RKBA: Democrats, take Gun Control off the table (please?)
It's not nationwide, but it's an interesting read anyway. Take Gun Control off the table. Well, at least in Missouri. This should be a fun conversation.
|RKBA: A 'grand bargain' on gun control?
Hop over the jump to see a suggested grand bargain that expands gun control laws and gun rights.
|RKBA: What's been missed about Friday's shooting.
Usually it takes a while before actual facts come out about newsworthy events. There's a rush to get out news, any news, as it's breaking. So I waited a few days to see what would come out about the ...
|RKBA: Firearm Laws since Sandy Hook
States that have passed gun control are getting the publicity it seems. New York with its SAFE Act and Colorado with the magazine restrictions (among others) seem to show that the pendulum is ...
|RKBA: Cali waiting periods going away?
There's a court decision in Cali that I just found out about. It's waiting period related. Over the jump we go....
|RKBA: Straw purchase?
I buy a firearm from a dealer. Say I found a pretty awesome deal online (gunbroker, ar15.com, wherever). I buy the firearm and gift it (or sell it) to someone I know can legally own a firearm. Say, ...
|RKBA: Are you an adult or not?
Recently, there was a diary about a father who wanted to have his two year old daughter shoot. Let's bring that to the other side of the child/adult spectrum: when you first turn into a legal adult @
|RKBA: Well Regulated Militia
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. What does this mean? To some, it's an individual ...
|RKBA: Texas...Wild West?
Texas tracks the number of active carry permit holders and crimes committed by those permit holders. Let's take a hop or skip over the jump. Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a DKos group of second ...
|RKBA: Brady Grades vs FBI UCR
The Brady group gives each state a points grade based on the gun control laws of said state. This PDF link shows the most recent results. Some examples include California with 81 points, Hawaii with ...
|NON-Gun Owners Need to Get Used to a Few Things
There are firearms in this country. In civilian hands. And even if they're banned like DiFi wants “If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States, for an outright ban, ...
|RKBA: A discussion on the discussion
First, here's the diary which contains the poll I'll discuss over the jump. If you'd like to read it, I'll wait. Otherwise, scroll down to the poll section and check out those numbers before we hit ...
The recall election results are in this morning. Discussion over the jump. Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a DKos group of second amendment supporters who have progressive and liberal values. We ...
|RKBA: More guns...less crime?
It seems like the rule of thumb is that the more firearms a country has, the more crime there is. People like the NRA, some LGC members, and some RKBAers would argue otherwise, pointing to More Guns,
|RKBA: a non-unique Second Amendment
The Second Amendment has that prefatory clause which is unique in the Bill of Rights. It's obvious that since they didn't do this elsewhere, it was meant to limit or constrain the rights contained ...
|RKBA: what right?
Yesterday we talked about how the right to keep and bear arms is a civil right. Let's talk about individual rights vs the group right view. Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a DKos group of second ...
|RKBA: A Civil Right
The right to keep and bear arms: civil right or not? Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a DKos group of second amendment supporters who have progressive and liberal values. We don't think that being ...
|RKBA: CDC Report
In January 2013, President Barack Obama issued 23 executive orders directing federal agencies to improve knowledge of the causes of firearm violence, what might help prevent it, and how to minimize ...
So you want to know what suggestions pro-RKBA people have put forth to stop our MASSIVE GUN VIOLENCE PROBLEM!!!1!eleven! Here ya go. These are the ones I could throw together right now without ...
|RKBA: Through the eyes of a gun nut.
This diary isn’t about gun control. Not really. Nor is it about whether this kind of gun or that kind of bullet is more or less dangerous. It isn’t about the history of 2nd Amendment, or how the ...
|RKBA - Our Memes
RKBA is a DKos group of second amendment supporters who also have progressive and liberal ...
|RKBA: Open Thread Thursday
Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a DKos group of second amendment supporters who also have ...
|R K B A||02/17/2011||82||22||1||288|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by KVoimakas
- For those who haven't heard, MsSpent Youth got word this morning that Cedwyn 's gone downhill overnight. We haven't had any word since then (that I am aware of) and I think everyone's decided to ...226 comments 624 Recs
- This morning, a Front Page writer on this blog posted the following comment. I am not linking it nor providing the name of the commenter, if you want to know, go look it up. If ive ever met any ...1038 comments 436 Recs
- *Gratitude, a good place to start. My background in brief. Coding: My career shift. Request for advice.* 2thanks. Gratitude ☼ Thank you, Daily Kos community. In this crazy world, you keep me ...90 comments 96 Recs
- Sen. Mitch McConnell's campaign and allies are eagerly pushing around a Washington Times editorial attacking McConnell's challenger, Alison Lundergan Grimes, in a series of sexist and questionable ...51 comments 47 Recs
- I'm all for an open discussion of differing viewpoints, but it's hard to reason with hypocrisy - which certainly exists everywhere, but these days the far right sure seems to be striving for a ...4 comments 2 Recs
- Seriously . What do Democrats actually gain in exchange for running around with their hair on fire about guns? To begin with, remember that credible, liberal Constitutional scholars think that the ...728 comments 36 Recs
- In his 1943 painting "Freedom of Speech," Norman Rockwell illustrated American democracy in action by depicting a man speaking up at a town meeting. A framed poster of Rockwell's painting hangs ...224 comments 476 Recs
- The Supreme Court now has two hunters, one appointed by Reagan and the other by Obama. Justice Kagan tells her own story better than I could, it begins at about the 2 minute mark but the whole ...156 comments 18 Recs
- John F. Kennedy, a champion of the separation of church and state. In the 1997 case Boerne v. Flores , where the Supreme Court decided that the Religious Restoration ...263 comments 247 Recs
- I went to the doctor for the first time in five years today. Although I'm young, I had neglected a couple of health issues for at least a year. I couldn't afford care and was left hoping none of ...224 comments 553 Recs
- No current results.