Posting History for Karl251
|Meet my friend that just bought a gun
This was posted on facebook a few months back by a friend of mine, yesterday she got her concealed carry permit and bought a Glock 17: a few hours after the fact & we've all settled down, but I'm ...
|No matter how much you make you are barely getting by
Kevin Drum has post up talking about how much income people think they need to get by and it seems that most people believe that however much money they make is about how much it takes to get by ...
|What girls and shameless teach us about poverty
I guess I am sort of late to the party regarding showtimes girls, and shameless they premiered a couple weeks ago, but after watching them both a couple times, I have decided that they are really ...
|Armed guards in schools. Get used to it
The NRA would like to put armed guards in schools, and I bet it happens, because its the perfect storm of ignorance and self interest. First off, all these guards will have to buy guns, so ...
|John hickenlooper. Wanker of the day
Hickenlooper has been a terrible governor and seems to see his main job as funneling public money to private companies and calling it job creation, while inventing new ways to violently crack down ...
|Don't expect too much
I lived about two miles from Columbine High School and was student teaching at a middle school one suburb away from Littleton in Englewood, Colorado when the shooting occurred at Columbine. People ...
|Lets talk about Hillary
So 2016 is just around the corner which means its time to start to discussing the democratic candidates for president. Ok, maybe it's a bit early, but certain people are starting to say Hillary ...
|Patreus and Sandusky
As the story of general Patreus starts to unfold it seems like there are hints of bigger problems. I have seen several articles that talk about his strong belief in "mentoring" young female officers.
|Obama goes after Bin Laden,while mitt takes on big bird
I am starting to think this Obama guys knows what he's doing. Yeah, he looked a little bored in the debate and pretty much let Romney control the whole show, and look what Romney did with all that ...
|Welcome to Mittland
In the land of Mitt all the countries financial problems are caused by big bird, and everybody in government has one goal and that is to keep a socialist, Muslim, atheist, kenyan anti-colonialist in ...
|Does anyone really care about the deficit
It seems like the deficit would not be that hard to fix, raise or remove the cap on social security earning, and suddenly social security is fine for a very long. Lower the minimum age when people ...
|"you must be talking about the other moochers"
I don't think Mitt Romney's comments about the "forty seven" percent are going to make much of a difference. I know three republican voters, one works for the army core of engineers, one is a ...
|Gees do I hate Tom Freidman
How does Tom Freidman stay employed. I just finished reading his column, he is talking about the need for people to become "lifelong learners" if they want to stay competitive in the job market. ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Karl251
- In this weekly series we have been discussing the benefits of a vegetarian/vegan diet including better health , animal rights, food safety, frugal living, public health, global food crisis and the ...49 comments 49 Recs
- Two weeks into my second attempt at a college degree, (after taking 26 years off) I can definitely say I am enjoying myself. Thanks to some suggestions I received at Dailykos I found a job as a ...14 comments 9 Recs
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture(USDA) is reporting that the Manda Packing Company based in Louisiana has expanded a recall of meat products to 468,000 pounds because of possible bacterial ...45 comments 24 Recs
- I am going to make this quick and simple. STOP SCAPEGOATING THE MENTALLY ILL! In the conversation that is going on about gun violence, gun control, etc., EVERYONE wants to just off-handily through in,57 comments 14 Recs
- First let me say that I am heartsick over this tragedy. When my principal came to me and told me there was a breaking story about an elementary school shooting I was stunned—this is not the kind ...38 comments 30 Recs
- Yes, there is an issue with guns in this country. No doubt. As a friend said recently, you need not carry a semi-automatic weapon, wear bullet-proof body armor and carry 10 clips to kill Bambi. A ...36 comments 9 Recs
- Ross Douthat has written one of the dumbest commentaries I've ever read at the NYT. How can the Times allow stupid shit like this, from a dumbass like Douthat onto its pages?! In a world of ...49 comments 33 Recs
- I am one of those horrible public school teachers you and your husband and your party see as "the enemy". I started teaching in 1995 at a K-12 public, community school (one of only about six in ...234 comments 871 Recs
- The American Federation of Teachers recently highlighted the tenuous employment and poor compensation of part-time college teachers in an article titled: "New report blasts working conditions of ...308 comments 240 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.