|An Ear for Music
A group to share and explore many different genres of music: folk, classical, pop, country, oldies, world. Sometimes the selections focus on a political subject - as music often does. Mostly it's just showcasing good music of all sorts.
News, Culture and History of the Appalachian Region.
Phenology is a science that anyone can practice without a lab coat, microscope, or PhD. It's the study of seasonal events such as first flowers, appearance of certain butterflies, etc. People have tracked these dates for decades -- even centuries -- and now there's a place on DK4 to record your own observations. A casual spot to tell what you're seeing in the park down the road or in your own back yard.
|Daily Kos Phazebook Progressive Social Networking Group
Welcome to the Daily Kos Phazebook social networking group. We are destined to become the Daily Kos largest social networking site. Are you interested in having a virtual phaze to phaze meeting with your favorite Daily Kos author or commentator? If so check out their personal DKos phazebook diary because now they and you have an opportunity to make a diary introducing yourself and your interests and you're not restricted to a few sentences or a single graphic. This is Daily Kos social networkin...
|Genealogy and Family History Community
We are a Group interested in the research, analysis and discussion of genealogy and family histories, our own and others. We invite all those who desire guidance in getting started in their research, those who are looking for suggestions for getting past a problem in their on-going projects (brick walls), those willing to share resources, or those who simply want to talk about their projects (and we KNOW how family historians love to talk about their projects). All family backgrounds welcome an...
Protest and topical music including comedy. We're interested in the history of protest music, for instance labor songs, civil rights songs, anti war songs. We also feature contemporary protest music and we particularly want to hear your protest songs.
This is an open group. Please join and post your diaries. If you want to help manage the group message me and I'll make you a BlogEditor.
Of course Protest Music is on topic. But it doesn't have to be both. Protest or Music. Prote...
|Sustainable Senior Living
Sustainable Living in the U.S.A. for Orange geezers
|What's for Dinner
A Saturday evening get-together where friends share recipes, talk about good food and help others answer culinary questions.
Recommended by Keith930
- Welcome! " The Evening Blues - Weekend Edition" is a casual community diary (published Saturday & Sunday, 8:00 PM Eastern) where we hang out, share and talk about news, music, photography ...45 comments 26 Recs
- The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the European Union ...139 comments 140 Recs
- As I mentioned a few weeks back I was planning on purchasing a cast iron skillet. There were numerous recommendations and tips that I was going to mull over and make my decision. Well, my sweetie ...135 comments 32 Recs
- If you've been flying at all this winter I suspect you've run into some delays due to the weather. I've already had to deice more times than I care to this winter and there appears to be no end in ...77 comments 155 Recs
- West Virginia-State Of Emergency ! Although I'm sure I've seen diaries about this disaster. It is just too shocking and it's a very important subject. I couldn't get this video to embed, but here'...19 comments 15 Recs
- Carter Camp marked as a warrior at Wounded Knee, S.D., in the late winter of 1973 Kossack cacamp created a user ID at Daily Kos on Sep 30, 2006. Who knows how long he had been lurking? He was 65 ...175 comments 485 Recs
- Having lived all my life here we've pretty much come to accept that all regulatory agencies here to serve industry. If you want any help you pretty much HAVE to hope the feds will come in and ...115 comments 307 Recs
- In the end, the American Dream did not last very long. The modern version, the version with the two point five kids and the house in the suburbs, a nice modest house with a good lawn and a white ...261 comments 335 Recs
- No current results.