Below you'll find recent contributions related to Keone Michaels's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Cartoon: Responses to Baltimore
Support independent cartooning: join Sparky's List —and be sure to visit TT'...
|Research Rewind: Forward, Boy Commandos!
The end is near. By this I mean that I'm entering the home stretch of this year's six week long experiment in reprinting old diaries as I lurch grimly toward Kalamazoo. The paper is partially done,
|The Daily Bucket: Plant/Herptile Interactions
- Curious about something you saw while walking in the woods? Spot the coolest bug ever? The prettiest flower and butterfly? Stumble on a rock and found a fossil? Or was it? This is the place ...
|You Can't Read That!
You Can’t Read That! is a periodic post featuring banned book reviews and news roundups. YCRT! Banned Book News I linked to an earlier story on this in a previous YCRT! diary, but here's more ...
|Cartoon: Animal Nuz #249 - Bending Towards Justice Edition||ericlewis0||05/02/2015||89|
|Books Go Boom! Dai Sijie's 'Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress'
This book review is slightly long - but I crammed it full of thought, feeling, experience and imagination. Then I lovingly planished the prose until it flowed smoothly. This diary has sandpipers vs.
|From Oakland to Baltimore. Labor & Community Against Police Terror on May Day.
A simple tweetpic essay. from the 510 to the 410 pic.twitter.com/3EhcbjcnWw — m4rg1n4L (@marg1nal) May 1, 2015 Putting the final touches on chalk art at Oscar Grant Plaza before the march ...
|Cartoon: Trans-Pacific speculation
Click to enlarge. The portions of the Trans-Pacific Partnership that have ...
Remember a couple years ago, when Obama said we’d shape up his drone program and achieve “ near certainty ” that civilians wouldn’t be killed and ...
|Books In My Life: The Lure of Murder
The other day, I was perusing our Netflix watchlist for movies to stream as well as the Recently Watched list and then all the Because You Watched This, You Might Like This suggestions, and I turned ...
|Write On! Cheez-Its and Genre
Hello, writers. Write On! has returned now to the 8 p.m. Eastern/5 p.m. Pacific timeslot that we had previously. I hope that will be more convenient for the West Coast folks. I mentioned last week ...
|The Only Chart You Need To Pick a President
I was born in 1979. It's a year that many economists have now found to be a turning point. From the end of the Great Depression until the year I was born, American productivity and prosperity ...
|Cartoon: Freedom of speech is absolute, but...
(Click for larger image)
|Self-publishing 101: How and why to copyright your book
I just received my official copyright notice so I thought I'd take a minute today to talk about copyrighting. The process itself is relatively easy but some of the questions along the way were a ...
|Cartoon: Doonesbury's Charlie Hebdo problem
READ Ruben Bolling's brand new book for kids, Alien Invasion in My Backyard: An EMU Club Adventure !
|Bookflurries-Bookchat: Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction
Welcome to bookchat where you can talk about anything...books, plays, essays, and books on tape. You don’t have to be reading a book to come in, sit down, and chat with us. There are often ...
|Cartoon: Police zone, no running...
I ran out of space on the sign to list all the seemingly innocuous activities unarmed black men, women and children have been guilty of committing in front of American police. Regardless, they ...
|Cartoon: Satire to die for||Matt Bors||04/29/2015||14|
|Cartoon: Keep filming, my friends
Get all the comix you can eat: @ Keef's Patreon page!!
|Appetite For Blather: Indigo Kalliope: Poems From the Left
You have no one but you to blame if you cannot hear the sky. When the air is jelled and cloying, the phone book will not open. Soil packs too hard for fingernails, too soft for pails and shovels. ...
|The Daily Bucket: The Beach Ecology Around a Tin Rock
I took advantage of a spring minus tide to explore an interesting historical feature along the Bellingham waterfront and to investigate how the intertidal denizens were faring in and around this ...
|Cartoon: To protect and to sever
(Click to enlarge) Follow Jen on Twitter at @...
|How I ended up homeless in New York with a full time job
"Richie threatened to stab me. Should I press charges?" This was the call I got while at work over a month ago from my roommate Charlie. Richie is our other room-mate. Charlie had just moved in ...
|Tom Sawyer ejaculates! And when word meanings change
I was startled to find not one, but two ejaculations on the pages of “Tom Sawyer.” And here I wasn’t even sure the 139-year-old Tom has been through puberty. I wondered if perhaps I’d ...
|Cartoon: Droney weighs in
Support independent cartooning: join Sparky's List —and be sure to visit TT'...
|LGBT Literature: We Are Everywhere (and a call for writers)
LGBT Literature is a Readers and Book Lovers series dedicated to discussing books that have made an impact on the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people. From fiction to ...
|Update & Thank You from Youffraita
Hey all, if you were around last Wednesday, Youffraita got some bad news about being evicted from her apartment on very short notice. Thanks to belinda ridgewood's diary , Youffraita got some needed ...
|not a lamb||04/26/2015||20|
|A Photo from Baltimore.
Photo : If ever a photo should exist to explain how we feel every day, from the moment we arise til we fall asleep. pic.twitter.com/m9hdWJ6TrU — The Real Segun Idowu (@RevrendDoctor) April 26, ...
|The Failure of Privatization
Sell Yosemite! Dump the Post Office, the prison system, education, Social Security!! Conservatives have been pushing this agenda for decades, insisting that private ownership would increase ...
|T C Gibian||04/26/2015||11|
|Research Rewind: Around the World With Clueless Tourists
A month from now, my captivity will all be over. That's because I'll have, God willing, finished my paper, driven out to Kalamazoo with Ysabel, delivered my paper, become part of the new troika in ...
|Cartoon: Animal Nuz #248 - Bullets & Bracelets Edition||ericlewis0||04/25/2015||100|
|Why the Separation of Church and State is No More
How Corporate America Invented Christian America Many of us on the Progressive left have been seriously upset and concerned about the ongoing Christian creep distorting the democracy in the U.S ...
|Cartoon: The personal shopping assistant
Click to enlarge. Kansas Governor Sam Brownback recently signed sweeping welfare "reforms" into law. They're ...
|It's long past time to take away Obama's flying death robots
Back in 2013, in the aftermath of his murder of Americans Anwar al-Awlaki and his 16 year old son, when Mr. Obama was trying to justify his arrogated powers to incinerate people with his fleet of ...
Recommended by Keone Michaels
- The bear mauled her to death and then it ate her. neighbors complained. Wildlife officers tried to persuade her to stop "To friends and family she trusted, she would tell them, yes, she was ...270 comments 180 Recs
- Because I'm tired. I'm tired of being used for my votes, for my money, of constantly being told to STFU and told to vote for lesser evils, then having cutesy, passive-aggressive denials that I'm ...2022 comments 250 Recs
- click to ...16 comments 33 Recs
- The Round Table needs you!!34 comments 29 Recs
- It's real simple, folks. We do it the way the Tea Party did in moving the Republican Party to the right. And it has nothing to do with denying our votes to "centrist" candidates on Election Day. ...467 comments 325 Recs
- I like cake. If I go to the bakery and ask for a cake, I would like to be sold a cake. I do not want to be sold a box labeled "CAKE" that contains only cake crumbs, or a slice of day-old white bread,676 comments 384 Recs
- For those of you who live in the San Francisco Bay Area: I will be talking and showing my work at the Cartoon Art Museum in SF on Tuesday, March 11 at 7 p.m., and at the Schulz Museum in Santa ...42 comments 59 Recs
- Some of us science bloggers are big fans of a hit TV show called The Big Bang Theory . One of our favorite characters is the socially awkward and totally lovable Dr. Amy Farah Fowler, ...619 comments 123 Recs
- (my introductory diary) History is fraught with condemnation of homosexuality as societies have tried to dictate to homosexual people how they should live their lives. ("And aren't they lucky we ...28 comments 2 Recs
- 9 comments 39 Recs
Keone Michaels's Tags
- No current results.