Posting History for Kimball
|The vital narrative of the next debate
There was a key foreign policy moment linked to a debate question on Tuesday. No, not Libya, although that moment did much to show how President Obama will defuse Mitt Romney’s most likely line of ...
|The bad guys are trying to wreck mom and dad's marriage!
I recently moved “back” to the great state of Minnesota. When I came here in '99, the governor was one Jesse Ventura, and when I later moved to California the governor spoke with an enduring ...
|Lost Between Lines on Lieberman
So we now have an on-the-record statement from the Obama transition team, by way of TPM:
|Normalizing the Popular Vote
It's happening again. You know what I mean- the bold predictions that Hillary Clinton will in the end come ...
|EPA dismisses panel scientist under industry pressure
From Chemistry World: The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is again being accused of caving to ...
|The Cult of Personality
Crossposted at One Million Strong... My father once ran for state office, and that was my first experience in perceiving ...
|Obama-Reagan Context You Have Not Read...
...and hopefully among the last you read. Those who have picked apart and parsed Obama's recent comments have not only excluded the necessary context of the full statement but also the context of ...
|Clinton and Guilt by Association
Who is hip deep in financial ties? From the category of ironic arguments... TPM ...
|Bill Clinton Continues to Distort Obama's Iraq Record
Yesterday I wrote a detailed diary discussing the Clinton campaign's misrepresentation of Barack Obama's opposition to Iraq.
|Did I Miss an Iraq Invasion Vote Since Barack Obama Took Office?
or: How the Democratic Party is Ceding the Anti-War High Ground Since the original authorization there has neither been a vote to invade Iraq nor a vote to take back that ...
|The Insanity of Experience
The insanity of "experience" In recognition of the message’s success in Iowa, Hillary Clinton adopted a “change” message both before ...
|A list of candidates who should not (have) drop(ped) out
Dennis Kucinich Your embrace of progressive policy is a persistent challenge to other Democrats, no matter their standing in the polls, to respond to issues that matter to those of us on the ...
|Kos with a too-common fallacy
That doesn't mean I think Obama walks on water. Far from it. The guy is going around idiotically attacking ...
|Willful Naivety: Marburger, Bush on Climate Change
I attended talk by John Marburger, Presidential Science Advisor, Monday evening at the fall meeting of the American Geophysical Union on the subject of climate change. I joked with a friend of mine ...
|Whither WOT? - Revisiting the Horn of Africa
My first diary here on DailyKos called attention to the questionable diplomacy and foreign policy of the United States with respect ...
|Time lapse: Hilary Clinton's failure on Pakistan
Or, as an alternative title: "Mixed Messages" We begin in December of 2003, when Senator Clinton was still speaking of Iraq in the following manner: I was one who supported giving ...
|Pakistan Debate Post-Mortem
Crossposted at One Million Strong Or, as an alternative title "Barack Obama Had it Right (Again)" There's an ...
|Dodd, Edwards, Obama, and the presentation of false choices
Barack Obama earlier this week promised us a new, comprehensive Iraq policy, foreshadowed his statement with his questioning of Petraeus and Crocker at yesterday's Senate Foreign Relations Committee ...
|Proliferation: Bugs, Arms and Facile Narratives
Jon Stewart: "Do you feel like you're stuck in a narrative now...?" -an apt question asked of Barack Obama this past Wednesday on a Daily Show interview. We haven't wholly escaped the narrative ...
|Eritrea and the State Department's Misuse of "Terror"
I have had the extraordinary fortune in my life to have learned from and befriended several Eritrean-Americans, and I write this not out of unique insight but mainly out of concern for a country and ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Kimball
- Serious questions have been raised regarding the surveillance programs employed by the United States government, based on reporting and information that has been leaked by sources and by statements ...574 comments 120 Recs
- It's not a secret that ideology divides much of Daily Kos these days. This division results in two sides, factions or tribes. The easiest way to tell them apart is probably their respective view ...655 comments 257 Recs
- So there's been a lot of hot and heavy action on the Snowden/NSA front of late. Having formerly had a TS/SAR Clearance working for a defense contractor in a previous life, and currently being a DBA ...261 comments 137 Recs
- The Minnesota Senate convenes at noon Central Time (1 P.M. Eastern, 10 A.M. Pacific) today to take up HF 1054 , the bill the Minnesota House passed last Thursday, a bill that would enact civil ...42 comments 25 Recs
- France's National Assembly, the lower House of the legislature, completed passage of marriage equality legislation today with an overwhelming vote in favor , a margin of 331-225. The National ...48 comments 65 Recs
- The nation demonstrated again last week how resolute it can be when threatened by murderous terrorists — and how helpless when ordered to heel by smug lobbyists for the gun industry. That is how ...26 comments 58 Recs
- I can see the huge scar where the landslide occurred from where I'm sitting at my computer. This was very close to home.133 comments 243 Recs
- ...the Treasury wouldn't have to mint a coin. Seriously, I think in the past 4 years, I have read dozens of stories on DKos saying that Obama is cutting Social Security benefits and that he WANTS to ...375 comments 228 Recs
- In this year's race, national polls show a tie, while state polls show a decisive Obama advantage. The discrepancy has interested many commentators on the right: Karl Rove , Ross Douthat . ...84 comments 146 Recs
- Daily Kos: "Barack Obama Is A Great President." dailykos.com/story/2012/10/… via @ dailykos cc: @ jonathanchait — therehastobeaway (@THTBAW)120 comments 287 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.