Group founded by KelleyRN2
KosAbility is a Sunday 7pm eastkost/4pm leftkost volunteer diarist community of, by & for people living with disabilities, who love someone with a disability, or who want to know more about the issues.
Our use of "disability" includes temporary as well as permanent health/medical conditions, from small, gnawing problems to major, life-threatening ones. Our use of "love someone" extends to cherished members of other species. Our discussions are open threads in the context of this community. Feel free to comment on the diary topic, ask questions of the diarist or generally to everyone, share something you've learned, tell bad jokes, post photos, or rage about your situation. Our only rule is to be kind; trolls will be spayed or neutered. If you are interested in contributing a diary, contact series coordinator postmodernista.
- I need to let y'all know that I've got some personal stuff occurring right now and coming up that, over the next couple or three months, is going to require a great deal of my time and small stores ...16 comments 12 Recs
- Our experience with pain is very personal in our journey through life. It can have an effect our physical disorders, emotions, social interaction and personal economics. This diary will focus on ...54 comments 25 Recs
- May 24 Pain 101 - studentofearth May 31 - open June 7 - Open Thread Potluck: Your favorite summer food, and possibly sharing the recipe for it. All other June dates are ...1 comments 2 Recs
- Haven't given it much thought untiil lately, but having gotten off to what some might consider a rough start as a wee person, I have managed just fine in the grand scheme of things. Here's the story.27 comments 19 Recs
- I've been trying to co-exist with chronic headaches for over 30 years. The original cause was being in a car which was struck by a drunk driver in January 1969. I was 18 and my cheekbone was ...27 comments 16 Recs
- May 10 Chronic Headaches and Botox - Kathy in ga May 17 Good Genes and a French Irish Temperament - drudau We do not need to identify ourselves by the trauma we have experienced. May 24 Pain ...4 comments 1 Recs
- MAYDAY! Take A Bite Out of Lyme and Thunderclap for ME/CFS/ME are some of the campaigns occurring in May for NEID awareness. Also new, a major lupus study seeks participants.22 comments 20 Recs
- May 3 - Besame will be discussing her experience with at least one app used to track chronic illnesses Also, May is NEID - neuro-endocrine-immune disorders/diseases awareness month. NEID includes CFS/3 comments 8 Recs
- A short introduction and then deeper into subject of making changes in your home and work environment. I have 30 + year history of providing and coordinating care for various elderly relatives. In ...66 comments 24 Recs
- April 26 Modifications to Home and Work Settings - studentofearth May 3 - Collaborative open thread, Besame and others May is NEID - neuro-endocrine-immune disorders/diseases awareness month. NEID ...1 comments 2 Recs