Posting History for Lcohen
|Welcome to America
I am posting this moving first hand account of conditions facing refugee children detained by immigration authorities at the U.S. Border, on behalf of my colleague Melissa San Miguel. Our ...
|This isn’t about Syria
It’s about Iran. The bomb Syria crowd has been pretty open about this. And war opponents would be wise to pay more attention. Iran helps to explain why the Administration insists on going forward ...
|Austerity is Working!
The President of European Commission Jose Manuel Barroso has written the leaders of the EU in advance of this week’s summit meeting. His message , stay the course on austerity. “Steadfast ...
|Oh, the suffering!
Contrary to popular misconception, the US Treasury Department did act to alleviate the hardships caused by the financial collapse of 2008. In the face of mass unemployment, millions of home ...
|Should the Defense Secretary be a Democrat
Liked a whipped dog trying to please its master, Democrats are always trying to prove their allegiance to the National Security State. There is no tag that inspires greater fear than being labeled ...
|"You can't fix the economy by fixing the debt"
It doesn't make sense to ask everyone to sacrifice when the top 1 percent has captured 93 percent of the country's income growth as it did in 2010. It makes no sense to cut spending on everything ...
|Who’s playing the long game? (Hint: It’s not the President)
One of the least convincing arguments about the tax deal is that it is the opening move in the President’s long game. Given that the Republicans control the House and are likely to do so for the ...
|We're All Republicans Now
So we’re reduced to debating which tax cuts we are for. “Oh no, I’m not for those bad tax cuts for the rich. I’m for those good tax cuts for the middle class”. ...
|Filibuster: Two can play this game
If they want to hold the country hostage for $700 billion more in debt with an economic policy that's cost us jobs, I think we need to say no. Don’t have 60 votes, ...
|What a waste: Maddow in Afghanistan
I love Rachel Maddow, watch her show every day, best thing going in broadcast journalism, bar none. But this trip to Afghanistan is an embarrassment. Now I’m thrilled by some of the eye-...
Everybody take a breath. Let's get some perspective here. Yes, Massachusetts is a debacle but the Democrats still have a historically huge advantage in the Senate (16 because Liberdumb is definitely ...
|Why Afghanistan is a lost cause
With the health insurance reform fight occupying his attention, Pentagon brass have seized the opportunity to open a new front ...
|Enough of the Gates Love
It didn't take five minutes for Robert Gates to begin undermining his soon to be President. at his ...
|"McCain - not Palin, not Gustav - is the real disaster"
The Palin choice is a diversion, in the short term from the Obama speech and long-term from McCain himself. I suspect this is a trap laid by Rove and disciples to get us talking about Palin instead ...
|SFBay Kossacks Hear Brazile, Support Obama
Here's a chance to put your money where your mouth is and to hear from a leading Democratic Strategist. And to help out a fellow kossack in the bargain. Donna Brazile, Democratic Strategist & ...
Not that its any revelation but Bush's defense of his AG ...
|Enough with the White Man's Burden Already
Though I'm an avid lurker, it's been awhile since I cranked out a diary (Feb. 2005 to be exact). Back then I had grown tired of arguing with proponents of the pottery barn theory especially during ...
|Help undermine NCLB!||Lcohen||02/07/2005||10||5||-||1|
|TANG or Abu Ghraib||Lcohen||09/10/2004||4||1||-||2|
|Nets give Kerry a hand||Lcohen||09/07/2004||5||2||-||-|
|Don't Miss Bill Maher this week||Lcohen||09/07/2004||5||3||-||-|
|AQ to attack... really I mean it||Lcohen||08/04/2004||23||-||-||5|
|When will they ever learn||Lcohen||07/20/2004||-||-||-||-|
|They can't stop lying||Lcohen||07/02/2004||3||-||-||-|
|WaPo: Not Just a Few Bad Apples||Lcohen||05/28/2004||10||-||-||9|
|NEW PUBLIC ENEMY #1||Lcohen||05/25/2004||12||-||-||2|
|Gen. Sanchez False Testimony Exposed||Lcohen||05/21/2004||11||-||-||-|
|From Rumsfeld's Greatest Hits||Lcohen||05/20/2004||4||-||-||-|
|Beating prisoners to death morally superior?||Lcohen||05/13/2004||6||-||-||-|
|ABC Investigation:Trained to Torture||Lcohen||05/13/2004||1||-||-||-|
|Prison Scandal Still Got Legs||Lcohen||05/12/2004||-||-||-||-|
|Haaretz Analysis: Creating a Bantustan in Gaza||Lcohen||04/16/2004||7||-||-||-|
|Shiites in control of transfer of sovereignty. Bremer's little noted actions sparked Sadr's revolt.||Lcohen||04/13/2004||6||-||-||-|
|Echoes of Tet||Lcohen||04/06/2004||10||-||-||-|
|Daschle Accuses Adiministration of defaming Clarke||Lcohen||03/25/2004||7||-||-||-|
|Bodies in the Bay||Lcohen||03/23/2004||4||-||-||-|
|Did Aristide's letter actually include a resignation||Lcohen||03/05/2004||2||-||-||23|
|ARISTIDE KIDNAPPED... "IT'S A COUP"||Lcohen||03/01/2004||20||-||-||-|
|O'Reily Abandons Ship?||Lcohen||02/10/2004||3||-||-||-|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Lcohen
- Racism is not an opinion. It is a fact. White supremacy is one of the most powerful social forces and ideologies in the United States (and the West). As such, it is reflected in our political ...1339 comments 604 Recs
- Witness 40, the woman who wants "to understand the Black race better" and "start calling them People." The woman who just happened to be at Canfield Green to see Michael Brown get killed. Plenty ...25 comments 36 Recs
- I suppose there is no longer much point in debating the facts surrounding the shooting of Michael Brown. First, because Officer Darren Wilson has been cleared by a grand jury, and even the ...91 comments 258 Recs
- I stopped by Wheeler Hall this evening, crossing from the NW corner of the Berkeley campus where I work to look in on the building occupation that began yesterday evening, following a UC Regents ...46 comments 57 Recs
- Senator Mary Landrieu is likely about to lose her powerful political job in a crushing defeat. Because of how the Senator operated while she was in a position to do that important job. Not ...361 comments 372 Recs
- Because people "speak their mind." that's actually a POV of some kossacks, old and new. they actually think the (VERY FEW) black people on this site, and those people who sympathize with us... ARE ...1458 comments 323 Recs
- I know that for most on this site, this won't necessarily be especially revelatory or needed. After all, most on here are progressive Democrats, whereas I'm a far more grizzled leftist than most. ...13 comments 32 Recs
- It wasn't that long ago. Ronald Reagan became President during those years, but the Attorney General in Oklahoma from 1979 to 1983 was a hard-nosed, uncompromising, principled, old school progressive,18 comments 55 Recs
- Remember when there were just a few liberals on the left saying "Umm.... I dont think we should do this." Remember how Republicans said Democrats hated America and loved terrorists? Remember how ...322 comments 138 Recs
- Dear President Obama. I Am 11 Yrs Old and I was Born in Honduras. I Ask From My Heart For Your Help.Via Addictinginfo....15 comments 17 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.