Below you'll find recent contributions related to Lcohen's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Spotlight on green news & views: Bonn climate meet begins; oil and water do mix; divestment spreads
See Walter Einenkel's post on why these creatures are rapidly dying. Many environmentally related posts appearing at ...
|EPI research: Young women newly graduated from college earn much less than their male counterparts
|Midday open thread: ADP says 201,000 new jobs in May; no, the queen isn't dead; bison tosses tourist
Today's comic by Matt Bors is Finally, an exoskeleton for Millennials!
|Hillary Clinton allies plan lawsuits to fight voter suppression
Maggie Haberman and Amy Chozick at The New York Times report : The Democrats began last month with lawsuits filed in Ohio and Wisconsin, presidential ...
|Scott Walker wants to wreck the EPA. He's not the only one
Scott Walker gives gollum a bad name. Scott Walker, the Wisconsin governor who has said he will announce whether he is running for president after the state budget is wrapped up this month, has a ...
|Open thread for night owls: UN experts warn of threats from secret 'trade' deals
RNs protest fast-track legislation in Sacramento, California in March 2015. At Common Dreams, Sarah Lazare ...
|FIFA: The Lunacy Continues
If you haven't been following this fiasco in corporate corruption you have been missinhg a fine show. Now this is fun: No one brought more shame on FIFA than its president Sepp Blatter and he ...
|A few maps show Americans' views on climate change confused. But they like renewable energy
The map shows Americans are strong backers of renewable energy. David Roberts at ...
|Midday open thread: NTSB releases Amtrak report; flowers in the potholes protests; 0.01% taxpayers
Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is Facetime fools :
|Guantánamo Bay prisoner: CIA used sexual abuse and other torture not included in Senate report
Majid Khan has been in U.S. custody since 2003. His name is Majid Khan. Born in Pakistan, he is a legal resident of the United States, having lived in Maryland and graduated from a Baltimore ...
|Cracks Appear In America’s Two-Family Political Dynasty In Latest CNN/ORC and ABC/WaPo Polls
My takeaways from these two latest polls (and folks here who follow my comments know I’m NOT a fan of these absurdly early, extremely volatile numbers): Hillary’s experiencing some significant ...
|Open thread for night owls. Anthony Russo: a whistleblower on torture who should not be forgotten
When the news first came out that the United States had tortured suspected terrorists, there were three responses: Some Americans said, good, they deserved it; some were shocked and appalled; some ...
|CIRA Useful and quite catchy
The corporate/investor rights agreement , much better and far more precise than TPP, TTIP. Nothing to do with fair Nothing to do with trade Just more money for the same people with extra sprinkles.
|Midday open thread: Dissing Charles Darwin; celebrating Jeff Davis; trying BP executive
Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is Privacy talk :
|Abbreviated pundit round-up: Now it's Hillary, Bernie, Martin; domestic spying corrodes democracy
Doyle McManus at the Los Angeles Times writes— Bernie Sanders: Why the guy who won't win matters : Sen. Bernie Sanders, the self-described socialist who kicked off his presidential campaign on ...
|Echoes of 2008: Bernie draws big crowds; Camp Clinton says, "No worries"
The New York Times has an interesting news report out this evening recounting the large and enthusiastic crowds greeting Bernie Sanders in his first official campaign swing through Iowa: ...
|Open thread for night owls: Missing statistics make evaluating our criminal justice system harder
Matt Ford at The Atlantic writes The Missing Statistics of Criminal Justice : After Ferguson, a noticeable gap in criminal-justice statistics ...
|The white riot that burned Greenwood to the ground
Smoke billowing over Tulsa, Oklahoma, 1921 The Oklahoma "where the ...
|Denise Oliver Velez||05/31/2015||242|
|Dear Rand Paul: Not Only Does The Brand "Suck"
Everything your party believes in Sucks. Rand Paul Matthews later said he appreciated Paul's "millennial" observation that current Republican Party "sucks." "No, no!" Paul said, smiling. "I said ...
|This week at progressive state blogs: Monica Wehby returns; Gov. LePage pretends on income tax
This week in progressive state blogs is designed specifically to focus attention on the writing and analysis of people focused on their home turf. Let me know via comments or Kosmail if you have a ...
|Spotlight on green news & views: Hot Alaska; Hot India; Hot Pacific; Doomsday clock adjusted
Red-Earred Slider. See Lenny Flank's photo diary . Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention ...
|Gaius Publius: “Sinking the Sanders Campaign Beneath a Wave of Silence”
[Diarist’s Note: Gaius Publius has provided written authorization to the diarist to reproduce their work in its entirety for the benefit of the Daily Kos community.] As long as one ignores a ...
|The Sepp Blatter Saga: Best Utter Nonsense Competition Winner Of The Day
It's all the fault of the US btw On Friday, Blatter defied critics and his opponents within Fifa to secure a fifth term at the helm, and vowed to fix things. He said: “Starting tomorrow … I’m ...
|Open thread for night owls: And now for a bit of feline delight
It's Friday, so forget politics for three minutes and watch these felines have a blast in a cardboard cat maze. Notice they can't even herd themselves. Best part after 2:05.
|If Only Bernie Would Do Some Crazy Sh1t..
You know rather than speaking logically and truthfully to the average American Why cant he just stand up and get some nut-case conspiracy all of his own, then the MSM would know just what to do. ...
|Midday open thread: Arctic ice at record low; Sandy victims blame Christie; Bush and the coal barons
Today's comic by Mark Fiore is Mitch McConnell and Snuggly the Security Bear Beg to Spy :
|Those guys who boosted the 'surge' in Iraq? They're eager to do it again
Explosions in late 2014 variously described as an ISIL truck bomb or a U.S. airstrike in the town of Kobane on the Turkish-Syrian border. ...
|Some folks saw the Hastert news coming back in 2006
Let's go back to October of 2006 when it became known that Denny Hastert had inexplicably failed to act on numerous reports that GOP Rep. Mark Foley had been sexually harassing male House pages via ...
|“The Fire This Time: Black Youth and the Spectacle of Postracial Violence,” by Henry A. Giroux
[Diarist's Note: Henry Giroux has provided the diarist with written authorization to reproduce his posts in their entirety for the benefit of the Daily Kos community.] [http://www.truth-out.org/...
|Open thread for night owls: Too many of the people in Washington do not rep those who elected them
Blast from the Past . At Daily Kos on this date in 2014 — Texas legislature gives 1.5 million poor residents the finger :It's not enough just to ...
Recommended by Lcohen
- Racism is not an opinion. It is a fact. White supremacy is one of the most powerful social forces and ideologies in the United States (and the West). As such, it is reflected in our political ...1339 comments 604 Recs
- Witness 40, the woman who wants "to understand the Black race better" and "start calling them People." The woman who just happened to be at Canfield Green to see Michael Brown get killed. Plenty ...25 comments 36 Recs
- I suppose there is no longer much point in debating the facts surrounding the shooting of Michael Brown. First, because Officer Darren Wilson has been cleared by a grand jury, and even the ...91 comments 258 Recs
- I stopped by Wheeler Hall this evening, crossing from the NW corner of the Berkeley campus where I work to look in on the building occupation that began yesterday evening, following a UC Regents ...46 comments 57 Recs
- Senator Mary Landrieu is likely about to lose her powerful political job in a crushing defeat. Because of how the Senator operated while she was in a position to do that important job. Not ...361 comments 372 Recs
- Because people "speak their mind." that's actually a POV of some kossacks, old and new. they actually think the (VERY FEW) black people on this site, and those people who sympathize with us... ARE ...1458 comments 323 Recs
- I know that for most on this site, this won't necessarily be especially revelatory or needed. After all, most on here are progressive Democrats, whereas I'm a far more grizzled leftist than most. ...13 comments 32 Recs
- It wasn't that long ago. Ronald Reagan became President during those years, but the Attorney General in Oklahoma from 1979 to 1983 was a hard-nosed, uncompromising, principled, old school progressive,18 comments 55 Recs
- Remember when there were just a few liberals on the left saying "Umm.... I dont think we should do this." Remember how Republicans said Democrats hated America and loved terrorists? Remember how ...322 comments 138 Recs
- Dear President Obama. I Am 11 Yrs Old and I was Born in Honduras. I Ask From My Heart For Your Help.Via Addictinginfo....15 comments 17 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.