Below you'll find recent contributions related to Leaves on the Current's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|When American troops were welcomed and remembered
with love and honor can be seen in a a piece in today's Washington Post titled Americans gave their lives to defeat the Nazis. The Dutch have never forgotten. It is about an American cemetery in ...
|Absolutely Nothing: A Veteran’s Savage Indictment of the Iraq War
Is the title of this post by someone named Jim Wright, which I think you will want to read. It is a totally brutal putdown of the likes of Mitt Romney and John McCain, of the neocons who pushed us ...
|An image of Hillary Clinton that might surprise you
appears on p. 158 of the new book by former CIA #2 Michael Morrell, a book titled The Great War of Our Time: The CIA's Against Terrorism From Al Qaeda to ISIS . It is in the context of the planning ...
A number with various connotation, none of which are relevant to this reflection. In this case it is merely a measure of longevity in years. My longevity. I can turn to my Facebook page as the ...
Recommended by Leaves on the Current
- Is the title of this post by someone named Jim Wright, which I think you will want to read. It is a totally brutal putdown of the likes of Mitt Romney and John McCain, of the neocons who pushed us ...47 comments 90 Recs
- appears on p. 158 of the new book by former CIA #2 Michael Morrell, a book titled The Great War of Our Time: The CIA's Against Terrorism From Al Qaeda to ISIS . It is in the context of the planning ...342 comments 219 Recs
- The first two steps toward uplifting young black men are simple: Stop killing them and stop locking them in prison for nonviolent offenses. That is the first sentence of this powerful Washington ...61 comments 66 Recs
- is the title of this column by Paul Krugman in today's New York Times . It starts with the notion that we still have a problem with race, as exemplified by what happened with Freddie Gray and the ...6 comments 25 Recs
- I thank MsSpentyouth for the Facebook post that made me aware of it. As far as i could tell it had not yet been shared here. Watch and then respond in the comments. Follow this link to the ...3 comments 12 Recs
- is the title of this short piece by Eugene Robinson in the Post Partisan section of the Washington Post . Robinson reminds us that the entire incident reeks of racial bias. Gray was on a street ...83 comments 219 Recs
- and all your previously decided priorities get tossed out. Earlier this month my wife discovered a growth on the right rear leg of one of our three remaining rescued cats, Felicity, the shyest. She ...31 comments 48 Recs
- is the title of this powerful New York Times column by Charles M. Blow . He is reacting in particular to the inflammatory statement by the head of the Baltimore Police Union to the demonstrations ...21 comments 41 Recs
- in his Friday New York Times column, titled Where Government Excels . He begins by noting that some Dems are FINALLY talking about such an approach, then offers two general arguments in support of ...90 comments 165 Recs
- is the title of this Eugene Robinson column in Friday's Washington Post . It is well worth the read, as the title should make clear. Allow me to jump ahead to the words that make the title relevant,75 comments 116 Recs
Leaves on the Current's Tags
- No current results.
Leaves on the Current's Blogroll
- No current results.