Below you'll find recent contributions related to Levity's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|The Thundering Failure of the Democrats
I'm a Tom Joad democrat, a prison reform democrat, an anti-poverty democrat and a pro-justice democrat - so the party left me a long time ago...and they never looked back as they went chasing after ...
|One Pissed Off Liberal||05/28/2015||657|
|Yes, Dorothy, Scientists Have Found Tornado Activity May Be Affected by Climate Change
This is sparked by a discussion I saw in another diary, in which the claim was made that no studies have shown any evidence that increased tornado activity is a consequence of climate change. And ...
|Intense Precipitation Events on Rise in USA - Predicted by Climate Models in 2007 IPCC Report
That graphic from Climate Central shows the top fifty cities in the United States with the largest percentage increase in intense rain events (comparing the decade 1950-1959 to the ...
|SHOCKING NEWS: Economists Link Big Banks Use of Credit Default Swaps to 2008 Financial Collapse
It my seem strange to anyone who has followed the debate over the causes of the 2008 housing bubble collapse and the resulting financial crisis that triggered the "Great Recession," but it took ...
|When Hippies Roamed the Earth
Tears well as a tsunami of emotion rises in me threatening to break through my skin and fill the world. All it takes is a song, a word, a memory - and I rumble like an earthquake down where the deep ...
|One Pissed Off Liberal||05/24/2015||356|
|High School Art Exhibit Attacked By Cops for Depicting Police Brutality
Many, many police officers and their supporters are going ape shit very upset at a group of student artists at Westfield High School in New Jersey for daring ...
|In Defense of Shaun King
Let's begin by being honest. Shaun King is a polarizing figure. He has a very specific point of view when it comes to American police forces and their dealings with African Americans, and he is ...
|Knowing what we've known all along...
Would you lie the country into war? Order people tortured to death? Start wars while cutting taxes to the shamefully rich? Continue to trash the planet and fuck over its people? Push policies based ...
|One Pissed Off Liberal||05/19/2015||112|
Recommended by Levity
- For the past year I have been on and off of unemployment benefits. During this time I have kept a one-night-a-week job(the wages are deducted from my UI check), and I have been fortunate enough to ...295 comments 436 Recs
- Over the past day, the mediasphere has been ablaze with talk that Republicans and their insurance industry backers supposedly won a huge victory with a Virginia court's ruling that the mandate to ...91 comments 25 Recs
- Yesterday, in the Westminster Magistrates Court in London, the lawyers for WikiLeaks co-founder Julian Assange presented to the judge a document from me stating that I have put up $20,000 of my own ...975 comments 1014 Recs
- Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz has a powerful post (h/t to University of Oregon Economics Professor Mark Thoma at his [http://economistsview.typepad.com Economist's View blog]) ...246 comments 340 Recs
- (Alternative title: Keith was set-up, Rachel should watch her back.) Despite having the highest-rated show ...391 comments 331 Recs
- What an unmitigated tragedy. What an unspeakable disaster. Democrats, led by President Obama, should have owned the populist outrage sweeping the country. Instead, Democrats made googoo eyes at ...1144 comments 787 Recs
- Forget about the enthusiasm gap — we should be terrified not to vote.356 comments 681 Recs
- Back in 2006, when the head of the Democratic National Committee Dr. Howard Dean was putting the 50 State Strategy into use, the co-founder of the Los Angeles chapter of the Progressive Democrats of ...14 comments 14 Recs
- In a defiant act of civil disobedience Lt. Dan Choi and Capt. Jim ...22 comments 34 Recs
- 498 comments 419 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.