Posting History for LimeyExpatDave
|So why would Putin supply the rebels with SA-17s?
In a nutshell I think it's a matter of "have a taste of your own medicine" at Ukraine. In 2008 a Georgian SA-11 battery, an earlier version of the same missile platform, was responsible for the loss ...
|In every age of the world...
... we are privileged to be visited by only a few great souls. For many of these, their deeds are quiet and their greatness only realized long after they have left us. The greatest among them, ...
|Breathe. Heal... And Beware of Darkness.
I tried many times to put into words my feelings about yesterdays events in Boston. In the end, however, I have to fall back on the words of a much better man with words of peace than I will ever be.
|We've heard this so often from the GOP...
Fascism! Socialism! Unamerican! Well we dont have two of those, but we do have one. The GOP are modelling themselves on fascist priciples. The redmap plan, to simultaneously gerrymander ...
|The right to bear arms...
First, let me say I am in favor of the 2nd Amendment. I am not, however in favor of paranoia on the part of weapon owners. This diary is inspired by the reaction to comments I made on another thread ...
|An essential liberty
So the Romneybot gets up on its hind legs after the SCOTUS ruling on ACA and bloviates that ACA must go in order to "return to Americans the liberty to live their lives as they think appropriate" (...
|Walking the walk...
My last diary was from the gut, a visceral reaction to the way the right wing continues its disgusting tirades against the reproductive rights of women. Recently I discovered that as well as talking ...
|There is no abortion debate.
I was a child when abortion became a legal medical procedure in the UK where I grew up. My parents had full access to birth control, possibly a little earlier and easier than most folks their age ...
|To those who served and are coming home..
I was not at your side as the blast stripped away hearing, And the desert or the jungle went to light and fire in eerie silence. It was not I who laid down fire, And kept heads down as you crawled ...
|OK. Time to play a little hardball.
So the GOP are doing what they do best, blocking stuff. In this case they are blocking the appointment of ANY head of the Consumer Financial Protection Agency until said agency is declawed and ...
|Now I really have to consider ceasing to be an expat.
A country where shit like this is allowed to happen isn't any place I want my children to live.
|Burial at sea...
I'm not going to say much about the death of Osama bin Laden. He was an implacable enemy to the country that I call my home and while there is cause to regret the necessity of his death I do ...
|If one more idiot tells me "Unions aren't needed any more"
I swear I'll go medieval on his sorry hide. Well, why not? He's the one asking me to work in medieval conditions. Slight hyperbole aside, theres one thing to remember. Every single time a sector of ...
|The fight never stops.
Young I was when first I sang About the rights of working man. Of unions standing strong before The bosses thugs and purchased law. We fought the fight and walked the line We took our lumps and did ...
| When pragmatism is the only game in town.
I consider myself a mainstream liberal. I was part of the euphoria that accompanied the wave that swept President Obama to the oval office. I believed in the change he could bring. Now I'm watching ...
|Bitten by lack of net neutrality - Open letter to rep and senators.
Below the fold is the letter I just sent to both my senators and the representative for my district.
|Dramatis Personae of a classic con...
In a classic three-man con there's a few defined roles that bear a striking resemblance to aspects of the sordid scam perpetrated by Wall Street that led us into this financial mess. Crank up the ...
|The DC Senator
Shamelessly filking "The Lincolnshire Poacher." It says something about the government that the political filks are running through my mind again. No rights reserved :) If any of my fellow folkies ...
|Finally blowing my stack over the healthcare "debate"
I have just had it right up to here with the misinformation various special interests are spewing over healthcare reform in this country and the way folks are believing this tripe. What makes it ...
|Financial reform, anyone?
I've listened to the rhetoric surrounding the financial reform proposals from the Obama administration and I've come to the following conclusion.. "Are you guys f***ing kidding me????"
|A nation comes of age today.
...And I say that with the greatest of respect to its already long and proud history. I say it with the knowledge that todays events would not be possible if the majority of people in the USA had ...
|Ok, we finally recovered from the color thing, now how about gender and sexual identity?
I saved my first diary for after election day in the hope of posting something insightful but I'm afraid this is going to have to do. Like most folks who classify themselves as "straight but not ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by LimeyExpatDave
- I find it tiresome to repeat myself, repeatedly over and over, about the key points of vaccines. So, I decided to write out my Vaccine Credo. What's a credo? Well, it's a "any formal or ...16 comments 31 Recs
- So I made the mistake of thinking that everybody knows what the bible has to say about when life begins and when life ends. Because it's pretty clear. It's so clear that we have thousands of years ...254 comments 353 Recs
- Yet, there she was. The funeral home cosmetologist laid her out as if she were sleeping. A sprig of Baby's Breath in her hand. Her other arm raised over her head as if she was about to wake up and ...16 comments 21 Recs
- In medieval Japan (794 to 1868), the samurai formed an elite warrior ruling class. These horse-mounted warriors, like the European knights, wore elaborate body armor. Stephen Turnbull, in an article ...18 comments 72 Recs
- 110 comments 121 Recs
- I discovered how resilient Children are in Vietnam. I had a pet gibbon and the kids loved "Fred". The fact these kids could laugh amongst terrible poverty and war, astounded me. After college.I ...17 comments 16 Recs
- Merely 'believing' something does not qualify as 'controversy' Because Katie Couric did a ...513 comments 339 Recs
- Ralph Kipniss with Bill Clinton marionette UPDATE : Thank you for your recommendations and support! It means a great deal to us and to Ralph! Disclosure: I am the co-founder of The Underground ...10 comments 18 Recs
- I love this case for several reason but mostly because it exposes how Bachman is either knowingly corrupt, stupid, or both. Sure, its a measely $14,000, but the victims of the largest Ponzi scheme ...11 comments 27 Recs
- I live in Douglas County, Colorado. We are fortunate enough to have excellent public schools. UNFORTUNATELY, however, we have a truly terrible school board. Dominated by Republicans, the board has ...75 comments 28 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.