Posting History for Lisa in Bama
|Lost and Found: 7 stories from a Mississippi classroom
"...the voice in my head says only one thing: 'Hug her. Hug her. Hug her.' But instead I suspend her for a week." My 25-year-old daughter has always wanted to be a teacher. Her dream was to teach ...
|Lisa in Bama||10/24/2012||9||14||2||-|
|Komen supporters jumping ship on Guidestar.org
Guidestar.org is an extraordinarily important resource for nonprofits. Prospective donors, if they're smart, check out a nonprofit at guidestar.org before even considering giving a donation. So I ...
|Lisa in Bama||02/01/2012||321||760||10||4174|
|"Half that tree, a phone book, and a broken arm, that's all we had left."
FEMA is people. People like the family in rural Alabama whose entire life disintegrated in the wind. The title of this diary came from them. They are trying to rebuild, living in a FEMA trailer ...
|Lisa in Bama||09/25/2011||22||84||-||463|
|If domestic oil production brings down gas prices why do Alaskans need help?
Palin’s administration last week gained legislative approval for a special $1,200 payment to every Alaskan to help cope with gas prices, which are among the highest in the country.
|Lisa in Bama||09/01/2008||8||2||-||6|
|Waiting for the bus
I had just turned seven years old when Dr. King made his "I have a Dream" speech. I don't remember it. But I do remember, somehow, that a couple of months later a church was blown up in Alabama and ...
|Lisa in Bama||08/28/2008||2||6||-||1|
|McCain compliments Democrats' campaign prowess
The latest fundraising plea from the RNC, with a tone of desperation that sent a frisson of schaudenfreude up my spine, is "signed" by none other than John McCain himself. And folks, we Democrats ...
|Lisa in Bama||08/06/2008||24||9||-||1|
|AL-State House 45: Republicans running scared||Lisa in Bama||11/06/2006||6||5||-||12|
|Billboard Co's trying end-run in Congress||Lisa in Bama||05/22/2006||5||9||1||3|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Lisa in Bama
- How often have I heard or seen this phrase, "I want my country back," used over the years since I was born in 1956, in Raleigh, North Carolina? I can't give you a precise number, but I can tell ...333 comments 836 Recs
- Note: Thanks everyone for the great discussions! Received suggestion to change the proposed name from "Right to Evacuate" to "Right to Vacate". I like it. Other suggestions are welcome. If you ...476 comments 323 Recs
- As the GOP sabotage and sedition continues, the US appears to be going the way of the Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth (P-LC) rather than the way of the Roman Empire. If you know your history, this ...128 comments 348 Recs
- Originally posted here . It's an idea that boggles the mind: America's largest, most powerful and best-known business organization siding AGAINST tens of thousands of its own members -- small- and ...79 comments 343 Recs
- Let's have our next convention in a place that unites us all. We have finalist cities for the 2016 Democratic ...580 comments 174 Recs
- In a recent community forum conversation, someone posted the following in a discussion about taxing the wealthy. He was describing a friend of his who owned horses and the issues this business owner ...167 comments 136 Recs
- It's my third favorite thing. (Things one and two are eating and sleeping.) Meanwhile, I love my two children and am grateful beyond expression that I have the ongoing experience of being their ...285 comments 567 Recs
- This past week, when the House GOP voted to repeal the Affordable Care Act for the 50th time, I was surprised to learn that the ACA is going to let me keep both my job AND my healthcare. You see, ...36 comments 136 Recs
- I came to DailyKos during the 2008 election with the lofty goal of being a voice for military families in a progressive arena. Even back then, I knew that we would need civilian help when Congress ...174 comments 262 Recs
- Those of you who already either know me or know of me know that I am a massive pootie person. I grew up with both cats & dogs and I love both. I do not discriminate against any animal & love animal ...138 comments 89 Recs
Lisa in Bama's Tags
- No current results.