Posting History for Loge
|Letter to Thomas Friedman
Dear Mr. Friedman, In the Spring of 2002, I purchased a paperback copy of your popular book, The Lexus and the Olive Tree . In this book, you posited that conflict between two countries that had ...
|More problems for Rand Paul
Quick and dirty. On twitter, Greg Sargent linked to a Jennifer Rubin piece that shockingly appears to be well-researched and detailed, and strongly suggests Rand Paul repeatedly violated physician ...
|Republican Mayor guns and gays FAIL
Marcus Hook, PA mayor James Schiliro, a Republican is having a bad day. Per the Philadelphia Inquirer ,he faces charges of reckless endangerment and unlawful restraint, among other things. Why? ...
|A Glass House with a Car Elevator
Yes, I'm discussing Mitt Romney. And specifically, that for a candidate whose sole identity is one who will say anything to appeal to anyone, he is remarkably bad at avoiding saying things that ...
|Talking John Birch Paranoid Blues
It's time to stop treating the tea party as an organic political movement, or even a single movement. On one hand we have paid front groups like ALEC, Freedom Works, and Americans for Prosperity ...
|Obama, Pie, and a Challenge
The constant back and forth of pro- or anti-Obama diaries is growing tiresome. I generally consider myself a supporter, but not completely without reservations.
|Today in Racist Code (NCAA edition) [UPDATED]
Newt Gingrich and others on the right, like Joe Scarborough, are trying out a new line: Barack Obama is too obsessed with basketball to be President. Is this harmless right-wing cant, or is it ...
|Frum's smart take on the budget
Yeah, I know. David Frum is the guy who coined the phrase "Axis of Evil" and sold the Iraq War. In recent days, however, he's been spending more time and energy trying to save what's sensible ...
| Leitmotif Group (with Nixon in China review)
I woke up way too early this morning, which I guess has the advantage of permitting experimentation with Daily Kos 4 a bit. Specifically, the group function looks like it could be fun, and nobody ...
|First Amendment (-100) over Washington Redskins
While in the weeks leading up to the Superbowl, the attention of NFL fans should be on the teams actually participating -- the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers -- the owner of the 6-10 ...
|Federal Indictment in Giffords Shooting
Via TPM, Jared Lee Loughner has been indicted on five federal counts in the U.S. District Court for Arizona.
|BREAKING: FIFA Goes Authoritarian
Today, FIFA, the governing body of world football (soccer) awarded the ...
|Not Super Rich, but so what?
This article, by University of Chicago law professor M. Todd Henderson has been making the rounds a bit, describing the ...
|On David Vitter [UPDATED]
This diary is inspired by seeing him on "Fox News Sunday" this a.m., where somehow Chris Wallace neglected to ask him any questions about his upcoming primary challenge, the fact that he assigned a ...
|Robert Schumann is 200!
A lot of attention has been given over to the fact that this is the bicentennial year of Frederic Chopin. On Tuesday, another Romantic composer will also turn 200, and his music, and his life, are ...
|Arlen Specter, an appreciation (Updated)
I grew up outside of Philadelphia for the first 21 years of my life. If I still lived there, I would have voted for Joe Sestak. But, since Arlen Specter is out after 30 years, I wanted to put up a ...
|Filmmakers defend Polanski, fall on faces.
I am not sure where the debate about whether someone could love the art but hate the artist became transformed into a debate about whether if we love the art we can give the artist a rape pass, but ...
|When is justice not justice? (United States v. Andrew Sullivan)
Andrew Sullivan can rest easy, having had his criminal marijuana case dismissed yesterday. But, not before being on the receiving end of a scathing opinion by U.S. Magistrate Robert B. Collings. (...
I found a website that automatically generates anagrams from individuals names, and it is the world's greatest time suck. (Certainly, I'
|"I am interested in what people who vote think."
Sam Stein and Ryan Grim have a must read piece in the Huffington Post about Kent Conrad's opposition to the ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Loge
- Justice Frank Murphy Today’s Justice of the Day is: FRANK MURPHY. Justice Murphy was born on this day, April 13, in 1890. Justice Murphy was born in Sand Beach, Michigan, the state from which he ...6 comments 6 Recs
- It appears the the Republicans may have finally over-extended themselves. Their actions over the last few weeks have gone way beyond anything a sane person would regard as civil discourse and ...360 comments 99 Recs
- I've reluctantly come to conclusion that USA approach (free speech absolutism plus social sanctions) is best. — Jeet Heer (@HeerJeet) January 14, 2015 I not so reluctantly have come to the same ...61 comments 16 Recs
- Saw this via Melissa McEwan and had to share. From the Twitter account of Phillip Rucker, promoter of rape culture: A Dem source just summed it up neatly: “Elizabeth Warren’s mouth says no, ...41 comments 14 Recs
- For those of us who were young adults in the 1980s, today's War on Women seems quaint. The Bill Cosby meme disaster is so last week, but I am struck by what the trolls are saying about what happened ...204 comments 295 Recs
- Most of what we see in the media about Latinos and politics is dominated by the immigration issue and the fight for reform. While this is an issue of vital importance and Latinos who are US citizens ...11 comments 4 Recs
- So GOP candidate Joni Ernst (R. IA) is back in the press today: http://www.salon.com/2014/07/28/ernst_back_from_military_training_to_senate_race/19 comments 17 Recs
- The BBC reports: Iran has turned all of its enriched uranium closest to the level needed to make nuclear arms into more harmless forms, the UN nuclear agency says. The conversion of its stock of 20%143 comments 382 Recs
- She's a bitch! She's racist! She's a rich racist bitch who is out of touch! She's Hillary! And we're Daily Kos, duly repeating every piece of messaging that comes out of the RNC to describe her.1020 comments 251 Recs
- Harry Reid started his news conference today by blasting the Republican attacks on the successful capture of one of the men involved in the attack on our Consulate in Benghazi. Republicans have ...167 comments 418 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.