Posting History for Lonely Texan
|GUS: Merry Merry Ho Ho!
GUS (Gave Up Smoking) is a community support diary for Kossacks in the midst of quitting smoking. Any supportive comments, ...
|Ways to support Jane Doe that she will hear.
Last night as I browsed Facebook, I came across a few pages in support of Jane Doe. Knowing how upset everyone has been on her behalf, I thought I'd share the links with you. We are all Jane Doe ...
|Kosadvice for friend in Western WA in abusive situation, please.
Hi all, I have a friend who has been in a three year long relationship with an Iraq War vet, who may or may not have PTSD but as far as I know, isn't being treated for it. She waited for him to get ...
|So Close to The United States, So Far from God.
It's a common refrain in Mexico. It's also what people often say when they lament their roughly 50,000 dead, slaughtered since 2006 in a war fueled by the obscene amounts of money prohibition ...
|GUS: It's the Little Things
Sometimes the desire to be perfect right now can really get in the way of making the small good choices that create better conditions for the future. The first attitude is self defeating and can be ...
|GUS: A Poet's Life and Death
Everyone knew Crysta. She was impossible to miss, sitting outside the building, rocking, saying hello and smoking. She counted her cigarettes faithfully, so proud of herself when she limited them ...
|GUS: Behind the Facade
Hello Fellow Gussacks! I hope your week has started off well. This morning before work I walked around downtown taking pictures, before the crowds came. Due to the hour (7:30 am) and the ...
|GUS: Force of Circumstance.
Often when people think of Mexico, they think of Cancun or Tiajuana, or increasingly, of the violent cities of Ciudad Juarez or Monterrey. When I came to Mexico City, I was astounded by its ...
|Safe and Sound
Three weeks ago I wrote a dairy Emotional Abuse: I left my partner today. that received all sorts of attention and support I never expected. Tree Climbers came straight to the rescue, and I ...
|Emotional Abuse: I left my partner today.
Today I am leaving my partner. He is a brilliant progressive guy, who simply can't accept that his derailing and gas-lighting are harmful. He'll spend years standing up to the man, but can't get ...
|Inside the Religious Right: Salvation by Public Library
This is a bit like undressing in public, after a lifetime spent, by necessity, avoiding notice. I grew up in the sterile world of fundamentalism, the preacher's daughter, unimportant beyond how I ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Lonely Texan
- In a speech peppered with introductory "brothers and sisters," Sen. Bernie Sanders on Tuesday made official his entry into the primary battle for the Democratic presidential nomination framed by ...394 comments 141 Recs
- By Charlotte Maria Sáenz May 27, ...3 comments 9 Recs
- What Governor Walker and his deviant cohorts across the country are trying to explain away is rape - State Mandated Rape. And there is nothing "cool" about any of it. In an interview with ...313 comments 265 Recs
- Actor, director, husband, father and activist, Mark Ruffalo has been outspoken on many social issues, including but not limited to; climate change, clean energy, water preservation, and women's ...220 comments 365 Recs
- Barcelona is one of the world's truly great cities: it has stunning architecture, efficient public transit, and gorgeous beaches. Add a truly progressive mayor to the list . One of the most-...28 comments 90 Recs
- MDMA was outlawed by the United States in 1985. Since then it has gone underground, ...57 comments 41 Recs
- It is only human for us to think we will find happiness someplace “out there.” We think, “If I could just get the right job, then I could be happy,” or “If I just had someone to love me, ...42 comments 43 Recs
- Tears well as a tsunami of emotion rises in me threatening to break through my skin and fill the world. All it takes is a song, a word, a memory - and I rumble like an earthquake down where the deep ...308 comments 307 Recs
- The list is growing. When our book came out in November 2012 we were among a small group. A lot has happened in those two years and some months. Most of it is along the lines of accelerating ...142 comments 122 Recs
- State Senator Justin Harris and Wife Believed Adopted Daughters Possessed by Demons, Had an ExorcismNo, really, they had an exorcism. If you haven't heard by now, Arkansas State Senator Justin Harris (Republican, of course) and his wife Marsha are attempting to fight off a huge scandal. They ...408 comments 320 Recs
Lonely Texan's Tags
- 350.org (569)
- Abuse of Power (1231)
- Agriculture (2458)
- Art (3874)
- Assault (251)
- Bicycle (146)
- Bicycling (119)
- Black Lives Matter (588)
- Capitalism (4080)
- Child Abuse (1265)
- Child Sexual Abuse (603)
- childhood sexual abuse (47)
- Christofascism (30)
- Civil Rights (41604)
- Climate (3457)
- Consent (75)
- CSA (538)
- Dallas (598)
- DIY (964)
- Domestic Violence (1472)
Lonely Texan's Blogroll
- No current results.