Posting History for LostBuckeye
|Who should control your iPhone?
The latest salvo in the war on information. Apple is working to patent the ability for a phone to respond to a location and allow a 3rd party to take control of a phone. It will be marketed as a ...
|Help Kos-Kids get ready for school? Idea/Help?
I'm a fairly new Kossak, but I've seen a few Pleas for help that pop up from time to time. My heart currently exceeds my means, but I want to do something to help. Is there a way we can make the ...
|Electricity in TX just got more expensive...
One thing that quietly hit the local news today. TX Public Utility Commissioners are raising the electric power price cap by 50%. From $3000 per Megawatt-hour (MWh) to $4500 MWh. There is talk that ...
|The aftermath: Wisconsin's Effect on a Texas Buckeye
Everyone knows about the election in Wisconsin, and the results. Other people will be diving into the results and trying to figure out what exactly happened. But I want to think about what is next. ...
|Voting in the TX primaries
I did my civic duty today. I voted. And it nearly made me sick. I voted in the Republican Primary. Why? You're bound to ask it, the answers below the squiggle.
|A job seeker's diary & the imperfect marathon metaphor
Another sometimes chronicle in my quest to recover gainful employment. I would like to compare my job search to an emotional marathon, but the metaphor doesn't quite work. There is no runner's high.
|The assault on the Green Military
Reading over at TPM this article. Basically the GOP is killing alternative fuel strategy for our military. Not normally an issue I am vehement about, but something just makes me go '...
|Outsiders, Party, and Community.
Outsider - n. - 1. One who is excluded from a party, association, or set. 2. One who is isolated or detached from the activities or concerns of his or her own community. We hear about it often in ...
|Privacy is for suckers
Or so the MPAA, RIAA, Facebook, and the government would have you believe. The defeat of SOPA has not proved to be a deterrent, it has been seen as a bump in the road. The foes of privacy are ...
|An open letter to employers
I started my visit to Daily Kos with a diary chronicling my unemployment . I remain unemployed. I will occasionally follow up and chronicle my journey, and this is the first of those writings. My ...
|Our Eroding Right to Privacy
A right to privacy is not enumarated in the Constitution but is found by extension of the 4th and 14th admendments. It protects us from government overreach. A convergence of technology, ...
|The 3rd Political Party
We have three main parties in the country, and the one that consistently wins is the one that everyone has chosen to ignore. The candidate for Apathy wins every time. Other diarists have asked if ...
|A Liberal in TX, a Moderate in OH, and Conservative in OR
Nope not the setup to a joke, but rather a question I've been asking myself for a while. Does where I live dictate my label? Or do my values changing because of the region in which I live? This ...
|The "Right" Degree
I caught myself today. My kids were talking about what they want to be when they grow up. I was leading the discussion to science and engineering fields. Dammit! My motivations were right, but ...
|I didn't mean to become one of the long term unemployed.
I didn't mean to become one of the long term unemployed. Really I did not. I'm starting here with a bit of a biographical piece. I know it is self indulgent, and long, but it also helps shape ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by LostBuckeye
- Wonder Bread runs deep in my family. I started at Interstate Bakeries in 1999 in Waterloo, Ia after the birth of my first daughter. I asked my father in law who to talk to for an interview. He had ...260 comments 844 Recs
- Get your Twinkies and your Wonder Bread now, because what you see in stores is the last of them. (At least until the brands are sold at auction and revived.) Hostess Brands has announced that it ...263 comments 256 Recs
- The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has issued a T-visa to a Filipino accountant who came to the U.S. on a H-1B visa and eventually became a victim of human trafficking .6 comments 35 Recs
- I know y'all are in an uproar over Romney's threat to cut funding for PBS. The GOP really has it in for Sesame Street for some reason. But I'd like to ask for your help. A guildie of mine in the ...119 comments 215 Recs
- As fact checkers busily highlight the myriad number of lies and distortions offered by Mitt- Etch-A-Sketch -Romney during last night's debate, and the spinners spin their polls with ...385 comments 964 Recs
- It wasn't Bain and it wasn't me. But dear, loyal friends of mine pretty much lost everything but the roof over their heads when Wall Street vulture capitalists swooped in on an Ohio manufacturing ...5 comments 17 Recs
- My 37-year career ended on one dark day a few months ago when my employer, acting on the advice of the Bain & Company MBA whiz kids, threw a few hundred more people into the volcano in an attempt to ...33 comments 50 Recs
- Cross-posted at Alevei . I am a public-sector employee, a professor at a state university, a member of a labor union . The work I do has been described by a presidential candidate as35 comments 97 Recs
- I am an architect. I have an undergraduate degree and a graduate degree in my field. They are not degrees from any-old-university (they are, in fact, from oh-my-gawd-you-went-where-why-aren't-you-on-201 comments 285 Recs
- Despite the rhetoric from the right, the real job creators are not millionaires with tax breaks, but the combination of demand and competition. Romney's plan encourages neither.15 comments 20 Recs
- No current results.