Below you'll find recent contributions related to Love Me Slender's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|TPP/Fast Track: Hell, Yes, Labor Will Primary YOU...Dems Whine About, Finally, Labor Pressure
|$20. An. Hour: Want A Good Reason To Vote For Bernie? Democrats Aren't Serious About Minimum Wage
A confluence of two ideas: the Democrats are not being serious about hiking the minimum wage AND Bernie Sanders makes a more formal presidential campaign announcement today. These are connected ideas.
|Inequality Globally At Record Highs: OECD (Alert: POTUS/Chipolte Eaters...This Is Why TPP Is Wrong)
Sometimes, you just got to connect the dots--even when the stuff is so obvious and screams out with the truth. In this case, some evidence on why these so-called "free trade" agreements are so ...
|The Fast Track 13 Traitors: Picture Eye Candy Of Senate Democrats Who Voted To Screw Workers
This is a picture I'd turn into a "Wanted" poster, maybe circulate in every election district in the 13 states represented by these folks. It says it all--thanks to the AFL-CIO.
|BREAKING: Fast Track PROCEEDS In Senate, No Thanks To Some Democrats
The Senate has voted to proceed to debating fast track, which essentially ensures its eventual passage. The vote is still taking place but with 60 votes needed to invoke cloture and pass the motion,
|POTUS, Are We "Making This Stuff Up" On TPP When THIS Happens? Are You OK When Americans Get Sick?
I've previously written that the president is a coward, hiding behind Nike and a whole host of other corporate sponsors in his pitch to pass the Trans Pacific Partnership. Probably the lowest he's ...
|TPP: Insider Says Elizabeth Warren (& Bernie Sanders) Right On Secrecy And How Bad The Deal Is
From inside the belly of the beast on trade comes an illuminating view on the secrecy around the Trans Pacific Partnership. From an insider. Who knows. And he says: Sens. Warren and Sanders, and a ...
|TPP/Fast Track, Don't Let YOUR Rep Be Bought By "Burial Insurance" AKA "RETRAINING"
Now it boils down to this: can the White House and its corporate supporters find a sliver of votes in the House to pass fast track and, close on its heels, the Trans Pacific Partnership? To do that ...
|NOT BREAKING: CEOs Are Still Pigs At The Trough, Ripping Off Shareholders And Workers
Yeah, so, this is decidedly NOT new. CEOs are raking in vast riches yet again, using the usual confidence schemes they've used for a few decades. While inequality grows, it's still really, really ...
|Debbie Wasserman Schultz, If You Vote For Fast Track, You Must RESIGN As DNC Chair
The gloves have to come off when it comes to individual members of Congress who vote for "fast track" and the Trans Pacific Partnership. I'm talking seriously funded primaries in 2016. I'm going to ...
|Russ Feingold, Fuck This Bi-Partisanship Crap. Give Us Some Jimmy Malone
C'mon. Enough of this. It's great that Russ Feingold is getting back in the game and running for the Senate; I'd give him some money. But, for crying out loud, stop this bowing down to the entirely ...
Recommended by Love Me Slender
- This is a message to activists trying to fight the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP). Stop calling the TPP a "trade" agreement. TPP is a corporate/investor rights agreement, not a "trade" agreement. "...13 comments 46 Recs
- Bernie Sanders continued bringing the truth to the media world on CNBC's John Harwood. “I think it’s sick, and I think these people are so greedy. They’re so out of touch with reality, and ...154 comments 441 Recs
- Imagine being 7 years old and peering out the window, watching all your friends have fun. Elementary school students at PS 120 in Queens, New York, who couldn't come up with the $10 for the school ...461 comments 455 Recs
- Let's be clear: The Senate is not where the action ultimately is going to be when it comes to defeating "Fast Track" and the TPP. It will be in the House. Eventually, in my estimation, "fast track" ...366 comments 259 Recs
- President Obama has been going around the country stumping for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade agreement, putting in more effort for this than any other cause of his presidency. More ...41 comments 76 Recs
- Last week, I wrote a diary about Martin O'Malley's views of the Student Loan Crisis. There's no doubt that one of the most important issues that needs to be discussed and debated in the ...146 comments 121 Recs
- Teamsters pose last year with other foes of fast-tracking the Trans-Pacific Partnership treaty after presenting a petition of opposition to ...138 comments 192 Recs
- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/16/britt-mchenry_n_7082796.html I'm fuming over this. Un-fucking-believable. ESPN has suspended Britt McHenry for one week, effective immediately, after a ...142 comments 16 Recs
- May you have a joyous time with friends and family. From Cloud, Cash, and Pee Wee and Myself to yall.19 comments 22 Recs
- In February 2008, with only two candidates left in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination, Barack Obama distributed a flier to Ohio voters denouncing Hillary Clinton’s support of NAFTA.200 comments 183 Recs
Love Me Slender's Tags
- No current results.
Love Me Slender's Blogroll
- No current results.