Below you'll find recent contributions related to Mary Anne Hitt's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|This user has not yet added any favorites.|
Recommended by Mary Anne Hitt
- During the past week, the Sierra Club has spoken out about Michael Brown in Ferguson, Eric Garner in New York City, and President Obama's executive action on immigration. Some have told us that they ...36 comments 69 Recs
- Pristine jungle and indigenous culture have long been huge draws for me. So last fall, when my brother Nicholas -- a professional opera singer and avid world traveler -- and I decided to go to ...4 comments 19 Recs
- "-- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." Sound familiar? This is the last sentence of one of the greatest speeches in history - ...6 comments 4 Recs
- Everyone has a deep connection to a special place in nature. It may be a public park or trail, a stream, a bit of green in their backyard, or a wilderness area high up in the mountains. We recently ...1 comments 4 Recs
- Last week, as I was pulling into Dead Horse State Park 2000 feet above the Colorado River - and just north of Canyonlands National Park - I remembered the last time I was in Canyonlands. Fifteen ...5 comments 18 Recs
- Watching the members of the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources question Sally Jewell, who is President Obama's nominee for Secretary of the Interior, brought to mind John McPhee's ...23 comments 25 Recs
- Superstorms. Devastating drought. Out-of-control wildfires. Record-breaking temperatures. There’s no doubt about it: climate change has become impossible to ignore. And while it’s encouraging to ...30 comments 89 Recs
- There's a reason that we're so fired up in our little corner of Washington State. It's not the first snow already falling at the ski area (although that's great!). It's not the Vikings, nor ...14 comments 24 Recs
- Last week we joined with the Natural Resources Defense Council and the League of Conservation Voters in sharing our effort to map out gasoline use across the country, on a county by county basis . ...3 comments 4 Recs
- My colleague Jesse Prentice-Dunn and I posted a column last week that started off by saying "Later this month, President Obama is expected to finalize historic vehicle efficiency and greenhouse gas ...3 comments 12 Recs
Mary Anne Hitt's Tags
- No current results.