Posting History for MaryRW
|WI Recall: Vinehout's the Real Deal
I spent most of Wednesday afternoon reading up on Kathleen Vinehout, in part because she’s the Democratic gubernatorial challenger I find most compelling, in part because a blogger I very much ...
|Show Me What Solidarity Looks Like
Political life in the United States has become so noxious and hostile that extreme partisan polarization, name-calling, smears, and schoolyard taunts have become commonplace. Thanks in large part to ...
|The Roar of Our Engines
|Wisconsin Recall: Shooting the Moon
In his desperation to stay in office, Governor Scott Walker is throwing huge sums of bad money after more bad money. In fact, the only thing he has going for him is moola, most of it from out ...
The Obama administration announced this month that the health insurance plans of religiously affiliated institutions must cover the cost of contraceptives without co-pay for their employees, and ...
|Cart Ahead of Horse in Wisconsin Recall Poll
Did you see this headline in the Washington Post last ...
|Dear Russ: An Open Letter to Russ Feingold
Dear Russ, We know you have said repeatedly that you would not run for public office in 2012, and we have tried repeatedly to respect and honor that. But over and over again the idea comes sailing ...
In this one bright, shiny moment, the state of Fitzwalkerstan has been turned into the state of Euphoria.
|Wisconsin Recall: We Are What Democracy Looks Like
With less than a week to go in Wisconsin's effort to collect signatures for the Walker recall, many of us are understandably turning our thoughts to who will run against him in the upcoming election.
|2012 Talking Points: Rachel, Thomas, George, and Me
Most weekdays I watch the videos from the previous night's Rachel Maddow Show, and, as you can well imagine, very often I join in the discussion myself. Yesterday Thomas Frank, author ...
|From Wisconsin's Department of Unmitigated Gall
I received a charming little missive in my inbox today from none other than our illustrious guv himself: E-update from the Desk of Governor Scott Walker One of the most ...
|Roe vs. Wade vs. the Iowa Reality Show
As we turn our collective attention to the reality show in Iowa, it's hard to miss that a woman's right to choose ...
|Wisconsin Set to Throw the Republicans Out
According to Andrew Feldman’s Christmas Eve opinion piece in the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel ,
|The Transformative Power of Protest
This weekend HuffPost ran a piece by Steven van Zandt called "There Is Only One Issue in America," ...
|Profit Über Alles: House's Antiregulatory Folly Is Their Idea of a Jobs Bill
On Wednesday, in a 241-to-184 vote, the House of Representatives passed H.R. 10 , the "Regulations from the ...
|Madison Police: Providing a Safe Place for Democracy
Recently we've seen a lot of iconic images of police brutality against peaceful protesters from all over the country.
|Norquist Beyond the Thunderdome
Irresistible title on Huffington Post: " Patriotic Millionaires to Grover ...
An editorial on CNN Opinion purports to explain why the uproar over immigration has gone nationwide, but ...
|Privatized Profits, Socialized Risk
No matter how outraged you are, it's impossible to keep up ( h/t Lily Tomlin). In last week'...
|We Are All Immigrants
If you missed it last night, or you've turned your television off like we have, you can watch Frontline: Lost in Detention ...
|Don't It Always Seem to Go...
My husband works for the US Postal Service, so the assault on the USPS certainly affects us directly. Nothing short of our livelihood is at stake. But that's only part of why I am determined to do ...
|What Does Columbus Have to Do with Me?
Today in my Facebook newsfeed I’ve seen lots of “Rethink Columbus Day” posts. Rethinking Columbus Day is an excellent idea. Yes, let’s do. Celebrating Indigenous Peoples Day sounds great to ...
|Urgent Call to Action: Save First-Class Mail
The management of the US Postal Service has proposed a drastic and irreversible reduction in first-...
|USPS: Vultures Roosting in the Eagle's Nest
The vultures on the verge of destroying the US Postal Service are not merely circling. They've landed in the nest, ready to plunder and privatize, having fully captured USPS management ...
|How to #SaveUSPS? Remove the Fangs from Its Throat
Yesterday's nationwide rallies to save the US ...
|Breaking News: War Settles Nothing
In her post " Breaking News: The Civil War Is Over " in Wednesday's New York Times, Linda Greenhouse ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by MaryRW
- Recently obtained documents from the Cleveland Police Department, displayed below, show that Tamir Rice was going to be charged with the outrageous crimes of "aggravated menacing" and "inducing ...493 comments 236 Recs
- The corporate media would like you to think Bernie Sanders can't win the Democratic primary against Hillary Clinton. And they're doing their damnedest to make their own preference into a self-...286 comments 279 Recs
- She's overseeing Freddie Gray case; both parents, grandfather, 2 aunts, 3 uncles are police officersMarilyn Mosby 5/1 UPDATE: Marilyn Mosby just charged all six officers with crimes ranging from assault to murder in the death of Freddie Gray. I seriously doubted that someone with such deep ties ...398 comments 209 Recs
- It was only a two-minute drive between the police station and where Freddie Gray was arrested. Why, then, did it take 30 minutes? So many egregious ...229 comments 264 Recs
- Photo courtesy of J.M. Giordano at the Baltimore City Paper Public Defender Marci Tarrant Johnson posted this story on ...79 comments 263 Recs
- Governor Scott Walker's Wisconsin budget proposal is channeling the ghost of the late Milton Friedman, high priest of free-market fundamentalism , when it comes to educating the students of Wisconsin.20 comments 38 Recs
- Looks like a winner. The Indiana House of Representatives passed a religious "freedom" bill Monday 63-31 that will allow private businesses, individuals and organizations to discriminate anywhere ...190 comments 105 Recs
- I'll tell you what your options are. Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker has been busy trying to corner the market on right-wing conservatives in order to boost his bid for the Republican nomination. ...82 comments 92 Recs
- Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy. Things haven't been quite so rosy for Wisconsin absentee Dictator Governor Scott Walker (R-I ♥ Billionaires) this week. Bwahahahaha! Even better,113 comments 208 Recs
- Breaking: Reagan Library Says Walker Tale About Getting Anointed By Nancy With Reagan Bible Not TrueThis is a developing story brought to you by your's truly in The Progressive . In a nutshell, Walker frequently tells a story about how he got a special invite from Nancy Reagan to ...222 comments 355 Recs
- No current results.