Posting History for Matt Osborne
|Driving Isn't Always the American Way
I'm the editor for the PCN Transit & Urban Development feed. This is the third in a weekly series on America's cities and the roads and rails that ...
|Highway to the Bridge to Nowhere
I'm the editor of the Progressive Congress News Transit & Urban Development feed. This is the second in a weekly series on roads, rails, and the ...
|Starring Joe Biden as Dagny Taggart
I'm the editor of Progressive Congress News Transit & Urban Development feed. This is the first in a weekly series of topical posts on cities and the ...
|Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy
MoveOn? Tides Foundation? George Soros? According to Glenn Beck, it's all an evil plan to give away free union-made beer...I think. A search for Teh Conspiraciez™ at the Las ...
|Fear, Loathing, and the Las Vegas Rio
I arrived in Las Vegas at the monkey's end of a two-day drive in a 2001 Ford Mustang with a dodgy A/C. I had two fatties of Alabama Red Creek*, seven Lortabs, five Baclofen, and a sheet of ...
|Attack of the Town Hall Zombies (starring Parker Griffith)
You might want to pop some popcorn and turn down the lights for this. I've taken found video of Parker Griffith's epic town hall meeting last August and annotated it. Now that media, ...
|Birmingham BP Protest
From its beginnings, the tea party movement has been about stealing progressives' act . But they can't...because they suck at it. A small ...
|Artur's Alabama Ass Whuppin'
There's no other way to describe what Ron Sparks did to Artur Davis. Tuesday's result proves that running away from the president and his health care bill DOES NOT get Democrats elected, even in ...
The moment Rand Paul stopped being a mere candidate and became a Kentucky Senate nominee, the press suddenly took an interest in the depths of his wackaloon belief-system for the very first time. ...
|Stop The BP Bailout!
British Petroleum failed to take safety seriously,
|Teh Great Wall-Off Mexico
They say insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. Given the way large-scale fortifications invariably fail, you'd think that John McCain wouldn'
|Tim James Speaks English
By now you've probably heard about Tim James, a Republican candidate for governor of Alabama, desperately pandering to the nativist-ignoramus demographic. I say "desperately" because James is ...
|Invoking Wellstone: Candidate Ads From AL-5
Reporting from the top of Alabama: last quarter, turncoat Parker Griffith spent $...
|How Glenn Beck Makes Sh*t Up
The reason Beck doesn't get debunked more often is that his insanity is cumulative. It's never just one thing with Beck; it's an accumulation of so many disparate threads into one big ball of ...
|Tea Party Express...to the Moon
On April 4, 2010, the Tea Party Express arrived in Huntsville, Alabama to celebrate a movement against big government...under a monument to big government. It was either a brilliant piece of ...
|RKBA: All Flags Flying
RKBA is a DKos group of second amendment supporters who also have progressive and liberal values. We don't think that being a liberal means one has to be anti-gun. Some of us are extreme ...
|The High-Tech Lynching of ACORN
Warning: music is appropriately modern, angry, and loud. If you don't want to hear a raging viking you will still enjoy this with the sound off.
|Parker Griffith CAN Lose
Parker Griffith is throwing lots of ads at his district, especially on Fox affiliates. I'll let you watch an ad from one of his primary opponents while you get over that surprise:
|Palin's Revolution Will Be Monetized
What happens when you tell the Tea Party Convention's media liaison that you blog for liberal websites? I'll tell you after the video:
|Health Care Bill Will End Medicaid Means Testing
With the death of Air America, Head On Radio became the last all-liberal talk network in America. (Pacifica doesn't reach me in ...
|The Course Of Human Events
Political science and headbanging may seem an odd mix, but they have Evan Clayton in common. Now front man for the band S�ance Fiction , Evan asked ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Matt Osborne
- Warning Triggers after the Fleur-de-Kos: Superbowl is traditionally a day for debauchery worthy of the time of Caligula as people get drunk and lash out as their id takes the reins. But this ...73 comments 60 Recs
- Where could President Obama have learned this rhetoric? Hint: it was Nancy Reagan's husband. National Review media editor Eliana Johnson is outraged. Why?155 comments 107 Recs
- Proof that Joe Apraio is a dick Is it any wonder this doofus oversees a county that has the highest crime rate of any other county in Arizona? ...95 comments 219 Recs
- The Senate Judiciary Committee is having a hearing today on gun violence and what to do about it. Guess who's coming to the microphone. If you guessed Wayne LaPierre of the NRA and Mark Kelly, ...17 comments 23 Recs
- I read about Richard Myers sudden passing and it struck me. I was struck by the fragility of life. I have read Richard's diaries and I thought of what he must have been like and what his family ...61 comments 127 Recs
- Sponsor contact is working. The StopRush Project has announced that over 2,200 sponsors have pulled ads from Limbaugh's show, via documented messages/statements. Many other sponsors have left ...127 comments 250 Recs
- The payroll tax cut extension deal, approved by the Senate 89-10 this morning, is being widely reported as including a requirement that the State Department act on the Keystone XL pipeline within 60 ...195 comments 175 Recs
- Herman Cain's campaign manager ...94 comments 16 Recs
- 63 comments 38 Recs
- I usually try to get back to the Commonwealth once a year. I've lived for the past 30 years in the same part of England to which two other Virginia women, Pocahontas (my kinswoman) and Nancy Astor, ...14 comments 15 Recs
Matt Osborne's Tags
- No current results.