Below you'll find recent contributions related to Melissa Koven's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|This user has not yet added any favorites.|
Recommended by Melissa Koven
- Sunshine week represents a national effort to promote government transparency and openness. But what has become most apparent to me this week is just how closed and secretive our government has ...15 comments 25 Recs
- There's a great Op-Ed in today's New York Times by Floyd Abrams and Yochai Benkler called "Death to Whistle-Blowers?" It stands in marked contrast to Bill Keller's Op-Ed on Sunday. Both deal with ...2 comments 25 Recs
- Robert Gibbs, former White House Press Secretary, revealed the drone program on this weekend's Up with Chris Hayes . This is outrageous on a number of levels, not the least of which is that the ...16 comments 29 Recs
- Yesterday, was the appeal hearing in one of the most important cases going on in the country: challenging the National Defense Authorization Act's (NDAA) pernicious provision for indefinite ...13 comments 30 Recs
- I am in New York today to attend the oral arguments on the National Defense Authorization Act's (NDAA) indefinite detention provision, which is currently before the Second Circuit Court of Appeals.20 comments 29 Recs
- In advance of Obama counterterrorism chief John Brennan's confirmation hearing (Thursday) to head the CIA, eleven senators are seeking--demanding--access to the secret legal memo(s) giving the legal ...163 comments 39 Recs
- Yesterday, Judge James Pohl ordered the government to disconnect any outside censors to the courtroom, stating that he is the only person with the authority to decide whether the proceedings should ...2 comments 9 Recs
- As one of the lawyers for CIA whistleblower John Kiriakou, who has attended all of the public court proceedings, I was appalled and baffled by the bloodbath sentencing yesterday. The sentence itself ...70 comments 253 Recs
- It seems like a straightforward and obvious proposition: If the government charges someone with "espionage" or "aiding" the enemy," it must prove that the person actually intended to aid the enemy ...92 comments 96 Recs
Melissa Koven's Tags
- No current results.
Melissa Koven's Blogroll
- No current results.