Below you'll find recent contributions related to MercuryX23's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Smith Trustees: Transgender women are women
|Religious Right Outraged Over CBS Correctly Calling FRC An SPLC Designated Anti-Gay Hate Group
Last Sunday, Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council was on Face The Nation to discuss marriage equality. Prior to beginning the discussion/interview, Bob Scheiffer mentioned that CBS had ...
|Kitchen Table Kibitzing, 5/2/15
I missed this during the workweek and now find myself with a little more hope we’ll transcend the darkness of hate and fear to step foot in the lightness of love and acceptance... another small ...
| Utah school selects transgender prom queen
Students at the Salt Lake School for the Performing Arts selected Maka Brown for their prom queen last weekend. Maka is believed to be the first transgender student to be so honored. Maka is a ...
|Hallmark jerks tears for Mother's Day
Hallmark has a new campaign for Mother's Day, #PutYourHeartToPaper Alex, a transgender man, begins with this: My mom is the most light, bright, positive person I have ever met in my life, and that'...
|Data diving at Pew
Apparently Pew Research Center didn't want to be left behind in the transgender race, so Sara Kehaulani Goo dug up a survey from 2013 and spelunked in the data contained therein. The online survey ...
|GENDA rises again in New York
New York is one of only three states which protect people from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation but not on the basis of gender identity. The other two are Wisconsin and New ...
|Riots: From Stonewall to Baltimore
The unrest in Baltimore, brought on by the death of Freddie Gray, has been the source of a lot of commentary in the world of social media. My Facebook feed is full of people offering their opinions ...
One thing the Bruce Jenner interview accomplished for the transgender community that we can point to as perhaps most important was bringing our plight to the forefront of local awareness. Across ...
|GOP's Norquist Gives Jenner a Free Pass Because He's "Good on Taxes"
The GOP platform might be openly hostile to the LGBT community across the board, but one GOP kingmaker has apparently looked deep into his heart and discovered some tolerance...tolerance that comes ...
|Jenner Comes Out as Transgender and Republican; Why Both Reveals are Really Good Things!
Last night, former Olympic Gold Medalist, and current reality TV personality, Bruce Jenner came out in front of the whole nation -- the whole world actually -- announcing in an interview with Diane ...
|The morning after
The Interview last night was...not a disaster. There was some doubt about that running up to the occasion. But Bruce did okay, for the most part. I mean, I could have written some o the words she ...
|Thank you, Ms. Jenner (the Olympic Gold Medalist)
*note: I used female pronouns in writing this after Jenner announced he was a woman and used "her" in referring to himself, but before he expressed the wish that people use male pronouns to refer to ...
|That Transjenner moment
(Re: the title I swear, I couldn't help myself. We all know someone was going to use it. I just thought I'd avoid the rush. It's a play on the CNN story from yesterday, America's transgender ...
|Fox 10 Phoenix and Transgender
This is going to be short and kind-of self-serving, but one isn't always featured in a five-minute segment in the 12th-largest media market in the US, so...
|Transgender Teen Allowed to Wear Makeup
Originally forced to remove her makeup for a driver's license photo, a transgender teen will be allowed to wear makeup for her driver's license photo like any other girl. The change of position ...
|Persistence, Consistence and Insistence
Background NBC has allotted time the last couple of nights to the subject of transgender ...
|Survey Says: Visibility Matters
The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) commissioned Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research to survey likely voters about their knowledge of and attitude toward transgender people. In 2013 the Public ...
|LGBT People Seek Equality, Not Special Treatment
Same-sex marriage may seem to be the ultimate goal for many gay people but for many, it is just being treated the same as everyone else, without condemnation. Personally, I do not intend on every ...
|Transman leads Reader Voting in Ultimate Guy Contest
Aydian Dowling is a transman, originally from New York, but now living in Eugene, OR. Aydian is set to be the first transgender man to grace the cover of Men's Health magazine by winning their ...
|Bigots propose bounty on transgender people using public facilities
A group calling itself the Privacy for All coalition has filed what they call the Personal Privacy Protection Act for consideration as a ballot initiative in California. The PPPA is indeed all ...
|New California ballot initiative would award cash to citizens for policing transgender bathroom use
Karen England of the Capitol Resource Institute wants to be certain everyone is peeing in the right place. California's most paranoid citizens have now come up with a ballot initiative ...
Recommended by MercuryX23
- This evening I have a couple of stories out of Maine. Both stories are connected with education. The first story concerns a bullying event in Penobscot County, at "the town that paper made," close ...6 comments 28 Recs
- On Friday Horace posted about the opening on Thursday of a 30-day public comment period about the coverage of sexual reassignment surgery by Medicare and Medicaid Services (CSM.gov). CMS.gov ...18 comments 22 Recs
- *The links are apparently overwhelmed* The comments have been disabled, essentially. It is essential for a demographic with an average yearly income of $11,000 to have subsidized health care cover ...30 comments 21 Recs
- We may be making progress at the Supreme Court, but that doesn't imply that progress is happening elsewhere. There has been a bill in the West Virginia House of Delegates to add sexual ...10 comments 25 Recs
- Two-Spirit is the Anglicized term for the North American indigenous cultures used to define Transgender or gender variant people. The French based term was Berdache. Starting in the eighties there ...29 comments 61 Recs
- It really is a predicament...an eye-rolling monster of a predicament...for people who are transgender, anyway. When we appear to be male, having been born female, or appear to be female, having ...21 comments 48 Recs
- Received this e-mail from Senator Jeanne Shaheen (D. NH) this morning: In 2010, New Hampshire became one of the first states in the country to legalize ...3 comments 4 Recs
- To be fair, the guidance counselor didn't out her to the entire Middle School student body; just to her teachers, teachers that may see her out in the hallways, administrators, the school ...317 comments 362 Recs
- I was simultaneously disgusted and amused today to learn that you don't support marriage equality. Let me tell you why. You're in your early 30s. You're white. You were a teenage mom. You came up ...151 comments 589 Recs
- The newest battlefield in Arizona's Bigots versus Non-Bigot War. From the state that brought us the "show me your papers, brown person" law, we now have ...16 comments 24 Recs
- No current results.