Below you'll find recent contributions related to Michiganliberal's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Ruby's Dream House
I first wrote about Ruby Corado on June 8, 2013...well, after a shorter mention of her in August of 2012 ...
|Tough Times in the Hate Business
I guess when you run a hate organization, you have to keep the perceived horrors involving what you hate in the news in order to keep those donations rolling in. I mean, the hate don't pay for ...
|Boulder mom steps up for her kids
Kai Mackenzie has two children. Both were assigned male at birth...but that didn't take. As a parent, Kai McKenzie admits it took years to understand what it meant to raise a transgender child. Kai�
|A small but important detail
Last week the Senate Judiciary Committee in Illinois unanimously passed HB 3552, which is an amendment to the Disposition of Remains Act which would allow transgender people to provide written ...
|Barnes and Noble sued for wrongful termination
Victoria Ramirez put herself through college working for Barnes & Noble. She worked herself up the ladder from bookseller to merchandise manager at a store in Irvine, CA. But when she began ...
|Transgender students and eating disorders
For the first time ever the American Health Association-National College Health Assessment survey allowed students to identify as transgender. Out of this effort emerged Gender Identity, Sexual ...
|Transgender Health Care
The American College of Physicians (ACP) is the second largest group pf medical doctors in the nation, behind the AMA. This past week the ACP has issued its positions on how best to support and ...
|PBS: The science of being our authentic selves
It is not unusual during the course of the day to discover someone who is totally invested in the idea that gender is totally determined by chromosomes and therefore accepting trans people for who ...
|Transgender women sue to donate plasma
Jasmine Kaiser has filed suit in King County, WA, Superior Court against CSL Plasma, Inc., a for profit company that pays donors for plasma as much as $200 a month because the company refused to let ...
|Miley Cyrus? Really?
Perhaps I should start off with a personal note. When I was living in Arkansas after my transition, I used to run a LGBT group out of my home: Conway Prism. Although the group was mainly ...
|SAVE Champion of Equality Awards
Last Friday, SAVE , a South Florida LGBT Equality group, presented its 2015 Campions of Equality recipients. This years recipients were Rodrigo, Heng-Lehtinen, donor services director for GLAAD, ...
Recommended by Michiganliberal
- The first president to actually say the word "transgender", hopefully not the ...14 comments 10 Recs
- I've been reading some stuff about privilege and privileged attitudes. One of the things that makes me the most angry is when the privileged person says "It's not fair that you say that I have ...280 comments 121 Recs
- Being an aging lesbian transwoman, I'd rather be writing about the problems of aging GLBT people , but sometimes events make me so furious, that what I would rather be writing about must take a back ...31 comments 44 Recs
- NOTE: Results announced Friday morning. A new diary will be posted at a little after noon Friday, although it will assume the reader has read this. The most important particle ...446 comments 538 Recs
- In 2010, at the insistence of the transgender community, the World Professional Association for Transgender Heath released the following statement regarding proposed changes to the American ...37 comments 19 Recs
- I don't know if fraud was committed in Waukesha County in connection with the April 5th, 2011 election for Wisconsin Supreme Court, and I would need convincing evidence ...341 comments 307 Recs
- The news just broke on the Guardian's live blog from the U.N. UN security council air ...226 comments 78 Recs
- BRILLIANT! Pelosi forces vote on Tax Cuts for Job Outsourcers, Idiots fall for it hook line & sinkerSpeaker Pelosi pulled a brilliant move at the end of the last weeks legislative session. House Democrats are home for a long Memorial Day break with a gift-wrapped wedge issue ...357 comments 833 Recs
- There is a diary currently sitting on the Rec ...135 comments 61 Recs
- (Warning: This is not about current politics. It is presented for those here who have said they enjoy my writing. If politics is your only interest, please return to the KOS homepage. Thanks.)40 comments 99 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.