Posting History for Mike Cohen
|The function of money in the gaining of civil rights for oppressed minorities
The recent, astounding, benign change of consciousness to majority acceptance of LGBT people in our society suggested to me that, unlike classic oppressed minorities in this country, many in ...
|More on the Absolute Lack of Content in Republican Speech
Why are there no specifics in the current dialog about what the Republicans would cut from government (in addition to cutting taxes) in order to cut the deficit? The following occurred to me as so ...
|Invasion of the Body Snatchers, or The Manchurian Candidate
Isn't it true that Republican politicians are the zombie pawns of alien right wing zillionaires, manipulating those politicians into (a) getting elected by masterful manipulation of the basest ...
|Amended Quick Reactions to the Torture Memos and Thoughts on Control of Information and Coercion
The interesting thing to me about the torture memos Obama decided to publish was the fact that, to readers of Daily Kos (as well as probably numerous other publications actually interested in ...
|Seeking UAW Response
Following is a link to a video by Ford Motor, extolling its state-of-the-art factory in Northen Brazil with (a) highest degree automation, and (b) integration within the assembly line, inside the ...
|Joseph Stiglitz and Nouriel Roubini Not Part of Obama's Economic Team
Is anyone beside myself wondering why Joseph Stiglitz and Nouriel Roubini are not part of Obama's recently announced economic team, which is heavily weighted toward Wall Street? [I would have ...
|Is anyone doing anything about the massive Republican multi-pronged suppress the vote campaign?
Is anyone doing anything about the massive Republican multi-pronged suppress the vote campaign which involves everything from every kind of quasi-legal trick by every relevant Republican office ...
|MORE ON THROWING INSIDE
Yesterday, I wrote a diary arguing that Obama is leaving a lot of points on the field by failing to do the equivalent of throwing inside, meaning simply pointing out McCain’s really gross self-...
|WHY OBAMA IS NOT AHEAD BY 25 POINTS (Forgive the Mixed Metaphors)
Obama is like an unbelievably talented baseball pitcher who is afraid to pitch inside, or, as they say in baseball, to throw a brush-back pitch. The reason for such fear is that: (1) it runs the ...
|THE EXPERIENCE MEME
The argument Republicans have been making that Obama has insufficient experience seems to me, on a little reflection, able to be shown as an essentially typical Republican (AND VERY ELITIST, AS ...
|Obama's Failure re FISA
The worst part of what Sen. Obama is doing regarding the FISA Bill is that his public statements - including this morning's response to the new group (of which I am a member) - are almost ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Mike Cohen
- It's long past time to value every life equally. I can't tell you what it's like to be black in America today. I can't tell you what it feels like to watch young black people be killed because of ...295 comments 98 Recs
- My first stop in America was a little town called Brenham, Texas, in 1979. It is the home of the famous Texas Blue Bell Ice Cream and Blinn Junior College. My ticket to study engineering in ...87 comments 206 Recs
- Cross posted at Working Man Radio . Please recommend this diary. George Zimmerman has hatched another brilliant plan for his defense. The facial justification is to prove that Trayvon Martin was ...30 comments 16 Recs
- “As a reward for a quarter-century of patiently fulfilling their duties, career bureaucrats may expect a second career as . . . ...89 comments 85 Recs
- They flagged me down around 2:00 AM---a couple of grungy-looking characters standing in front of the Daily Pint in Santa Monica. The bar was closed, and they were looking to go to McArthur Park, ...37 comments 77 Recs
- I set the scene and tell the three-fold story below.33 comments 38 Recs
- America is a lovely country, but familiarity breeds contempt. For forty-odd years I've cherished the dream of escaping somewhere outside the bubble of American media domination, to a place where ...9 comments 18 Recs
- If the Bush tax cuts -- all of them, NOT just those on the wealthy -- are allowed to expire, in 2013 (assuming I make the same income that I am this year, which isn't a given since much of my income ...11 comments 20 Recs
- I was kind of saddened by the recent Quinnipiac Poll . Saddened by its inference that if the election where held today, President Obama would beat Romney by only 4 points (46-42). As the poll was ...10 comments 5 Recs
Mike Cohen's Tags
- No current results.
Mike Cohen's Blogroll
- No current results.