Posting History for MikeBoyScout
|Deep In The Heart of Texas!
In the jet age we live in, just which states would be most prone to be hospitiable to breeding an epidemic of an infectious disease? Viruses like Eboloa or SARS or Enterovirus D68 are not ...
|Remembering Mandela thru Politicizing His Passing
Madiba's passing Thursday is something to be mourned and celebrated, but his life was a call to action. His passing should be a call to action as well. Lest we forget, the struggle for an end to ...
|For the love of the FSM, please no "shot across the bow"
Today President Obama was interviewed by the PBS News Hour . And if, in fact, we can take limited, tailored approaches, not getting drawn into a long conflict, not a repetition of, you know, Iraq, ...
|Wake Up! We're in a Civil War
Apologies, but this is going to be brief and insufficient. AntonBursch posted What happened to the energy of hope here at Daily Kos? the other day, and well ... I think "hope" is diminished because ...
|Dear Mr. President – an open letter
Hello Mr. President, you wouldn't remember me because we've never met. Although I donated one helleva lot of money to your 2012 campaign and knocked a helluva lot of doors in my neighborhood and ...
|The "War on Terror" We Fail to Wage
James Fallows wrote something regarding our recent national tragedy that struck a cord No one has been killed on American soil through what we define as an act of "terrorism" in more than a decade, ...
|My Heartbreaking Denver GOTV Story
I flew in to Denver from Seattle on Wednesday to do my part for 6 days to GOTV in this swing state in this critical area. I've been knocking doors for 40 years. What happened at the end of the day ...
|Biden should "go rouge" in his debate
Yeah, yeah. I know. Tomorrow night is the first big debate and the President is going to get mittened with well practiced "zingers". Ruths Chris Christie assured us that "this whole race is going ...
|Predicting - Romney Zinger Thread
You've by now undoubtedly read the NY Times piece where the bonus earning geniuses running the epic Romney/Ryan campaign warn us of Mitten's dogged preparedness for the debate on Wednesday. Mr. ...
|The Romney Trainwreck
Not much to say here, except to say 3 days after Slick Willard's flop sweat selection of House Republican leader, Paul Ryan, makes John McCain's selection of Palin look like genius. Today Politico ...
|Mr. Hart, There Is No Vacuum
Today Gary Hart has an opinion published in the NYT, The Democratic Road Not Taken . Hart comes back from political oblivion to tell us By failing to innovate some 30 years ago, it has permitted ...
|The Complaint - missed point - EPIC FAIL
Ever read a wingnut blog or watch a wingnut FAUX news clip over at MediaMatters For America and scatch your head in wonder of the stupidity of contradictory ...
|Arrows or Olive Branches? (rant w/poll)
The recent health care summit hosted by the president is only the most recent example of the futility of attempting to govern in partnership with people whose only concern is to obtain power for ...
|"I have spoken: strive on, trust, have faith!"
Now is not the time to panic, or wallow in self doubt. Progress is never easy. Progress on difficult policy in difficult times only looks to be impossible. With the election of Brown in ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by MikeBoyScout
- I haven't been blogging for a bit. I've been busy reading and researching. But given the discussions of late, I thought I would share a bit of truth about ourselves that needs to be exposed and ...317 comments 434 Recs
- Tell me how you think this story ends. An armed drunk decides to go boating, leaves his gun on the dock, causes $300 damage to the marina by driving in a prohibited area, and then passes out ...71 comments 202 Recs
- Update: Good lord -- Baltimore is burning! Please let this end. There have been many great diaries today on the tragic rioting in Baltimore following the funeral of Freddie Gray. Tasini's "...351 comments 469 Recs
- Located somewhere between Squeellikeapig and Yougotapurtymouth, Pennsylvania (the political "T" between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh that we call "Pennsyltucky") a group of clearly closeted self-...271 comments 124 Recs
- "Yes or no, yes or no? That's a tough ...191 comments 137 Recs
- Another famous New Yorker, Yogi Berra, once said, “We may be lost but we’re making good time.” That pretty much sums up the current state of Rudy Giuliani’s political reality and doesn’t ...87 comments 27 Recs
- Back in October 2008, then-Republican presidential candidate John McCain had one of the finest moments of his career. When angry Minnesota town hall questioners claimed Democrat Barack Obama was "...211 comments 180 Recs
- Fox News has been proven repeatedly to be a purveyor of disinformation and outright lies presented as facts. Knowledgeable observers long ago ceased to take their reporting seriously. However, it's ...202 comments 563 Recs
- Really, it's a shame this didn't sneak across the line into 2014, because—even with a whole year of Louie Gohmert and Fox News as competition—this Jim Cramer quote would still take the head-...291 comments 351 Recs
- Someone made a pretty poster days ago announcing that one of a series of protests in the East Bay against police terror would begin where Berkeley and UC Berkeley meet - at 5:00 PM on Saturday ...406 comments 414 Recs
- No current results.