Below you'll find recent contributions related to Money and Public Purpose's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Ed Miliband's Commitment to Austerity Sealed his Fate
In the UK elections, there were two big winners -- the Tories and the Scottish Nationalists. The losers were the pollsters, who believed that there would be another hung parliament, along with ...
- In the UK elections, there were two big winners -- the Tories and the Scottish Nationalists. The losers were the pollsters, who believed that there would be another hung parliament, along with ...85 comments 66 Recs
- Wisconsin is falling apart and he's on the road campaigning Wisconsin Republicans have met reality and they don't like it. Their subsidies and tax cuts for the 1% and severe austerity for ...101 comments 144 Recs
- One headline is enough: UK Labour competes with Conservatives over most business-friendly pro-austerity manifesto. A manifesto, for those of you not familiar with the UK, is like a party platform ...124 comments 75 Recs
- Cross-posted from Real Economics . The TPP has brought the issue of "free trade agreements" to the fore again, so I think it is time we looked honestly at what has happened to the three North ...47 comments 59 Recs
- If the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) Agreement will, if implemented, and as I've argued elsewhere, result in the death of national and state sovereignty, constitutional separation of powers, and ...15 comments 6 Recs
- Most of the critical attention given to the Fast Track Trade Agreement legislation and to the associated Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) Congressional – Executive Agreement on mainstream corporate ...6 comments 7 Recs
- Grab your notebook! Class is in session. bunnygirl60 aka Arliss Bunny joins us at 11:30 ET talking about her take on economics and modern monetary theory that we call Bunnynomics . Click ...1 comments 1 Recs
- People who support the Administration's efforts on the TPP have been known to reply to my posts on this subject by attempting to ridicule the scenarios I've presented as possible under the TPP ...31 comments 20 Recs
- To really appreciate what a travesty the TPP is, and the scandal of the failure of our Congress to reject it, and the “Fast Track Authority“ sought for it, out of hand, I'm going to list 23 ...42 comments 23 Recs
- As we saw in Seattle the previous night at the #RentControl town hall hosted by two members of the City Council there , there can hardly be a more pressing issue than one effecting the three basic ...3 comments 9 Recs