Posting History for Mostel26
|My donations - some feedback?
I officially ended my 2014 election season political giving last week. I'd like to get some feedback from any interested parties in terms of feedback for this cycle and suggestions for 2016.
|ACA battles - not putting up with conservative BS
I typically avoid getting into full on battle mode with the local conservative jackasses who post on the comments section of my county newspaper. The editors put up a pro-ACA editorial today and it ...
|Really Alex Sink?
Wow! Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
|Trash from the NY Times
I know I shouldn't be surprised, but the New York Times hit a new low on education commentary today with their editorial "The New Mayor and the Teachers." If I violate fair use standards, please ...
|Beating Corbett with a Kane
With Kathleen Kane winning the PA Attorney General race, I’m feeling overwhelmed with a feeling of optimism that we can set off a series of positive events in our commonwealth to stake out a ...
|Democratic Convention Says F U to Teachers
Cory Booker is slated to present the platform at the national convention in a few weeks. Booker convention link Poor choice!
|Voter ID Help
I fully admit to having ZERO ability to coordinate this effort, but I’d like to know if there are any groups out there that are working to connect recently disenfranchised voters to being able to ...
|Trash from the PA House
Unreal. Just as I get done wrapping up some lesson planning, my afternoon was interrupted with a bone-headed communication about public employee pensions from a member of the PA House of ...
|Thanks a million Meehan
I felt compelled to email my ding-a-ling Congressman, Pat Meehan, to let him know my displeasure at his “yes” vote on jamming up the payroll tax cut extension.
|My petition on education
The White House is now allowing petitions to be posted, and 5000 signees will get you an official response! This dairy will be a short but sweet run down of the contents of my petition. Long story ...
|Sestak's back ! or ?
After a nearly two year gap my old Congressman, Joe Sestak is back to posting on here. He’s put up a series of articles over the past two weeks, and I’m hoping that he’ll be on a ballot near ...
|Progressives: We are the Wolf Pack
While the shower was waking up my brain this morning, I came upon the following thought; we as progressives really and truly stand for all of us. We are the wolf pack. I will explain below.
|My letter to the editor
For those of you not in the Greater Philadelphia Area, you might not be clued into Sunoco’s plan to sell or close their refinery facility in Marcus Hook, PA. Energy policy discussions aside, over ...
|Apple says no to Civil Liberties
We all have our pet peeves. One of mine is checkpoints on roads. Seatbelt checkpoints, license/registration/insurance checkpoints, and DUI checkpoints all represent a questionable use of tax dollars,
As of Thursday night my summer started with the close of the 2010-11 school year. Now I need to grab some books to read this summer. Suggestions?
|The Anti-teacher paTROLL
School has gotten busy as we head into the end of another year. I haven't been on here as much over the past few weeks due to getting married, moving, putting together final exams, etc. The other ...
|Norms in Education
This won't be a long diary. I wanted to put it up quickly before I head out this morning to meet up with some students at a community event. We'll be out planting trees, etc. My goal in this diary ...
|The other "N" word
I have jury duty today. Although I feel bad at leaving my students at school with a sub, I feel I need to report and do my civic duty. As a teacher of American Government I like to set a good ...
Tenure for educators in under attack from all sides. Christ Christie, Scott Walker, Michele Rhee, Michael Bloomberg, Bill Gates, Arne Duncan, and (at times) President Obama himself have all joined ...
|My Birthday Present
Today I gave a birthday present to myself. I officially changed my voter registration to become a member of the Democratic Party.
|Students shut up!
Valerie Strauss, a great education writer in the Washington Post, had an article posted yesterday about some moronic administrators in NYC schools that censored a student play. Please give it a read;
|My first diary here: A copy of an email to Joe Sestak
I was moved to contact my Congressman, Joe Sestak, via email today due to a rather defeatist set of quotes in my county newspaper in regard to the tax “deal.” This diary doesn’t ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Mostel26
- This is ridiculous: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/05/pat-toomey-luis-restrepo_n_7214790.html?utm_hp_ref=...7 comments 10 Recs
- Kimberley Strassel What's responsible for Baltimore's problems? Republicans need answers other than "massive economic inequality, racism, and police violence," and when Republicans need answers but ...49 comments 42 Recs
- The following was crossposted from the Raging Chicken Press . There are more links and audio of Vereb comparing ...22 comments 22 Recs
- is the title of this short piece by Eugene Robinson in the Post Partisan section of the Washington Post . Robinson reminds us that the entire incident reeks of racial bias. Gray was on a street ...83 comments 218 Recs
- In a global economy, we’ve got to help ensure that everyone, of every age, in every zip code—urban and rural—has the chance to learn the skills that lead directly to a good job. President ...35 comments 13 Recs
- Read the Full Report Here Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – Today, a new report unveiled at City Hall, showed how the controversial Susquehanna International Group (SIG) is leveraging direct ties to ...14 comments 41 Recs
- No, really folks. A Pennsylvania Republican, Mike Vereb, went on a conservative radio show based out of Philadelphia and compared unions to Baltimore Rioters . Of course there's some back story ...7 comments 1 Recs
- Tired of the "distraction," the NFL is moving on.117 comments 108 Recs
- A New York teacher has written a remarkable letter to Diane Ravitch explaining how the focus on standardized testing is hurting her students. Her first-grade students . Even though these kids won'...120 comments 111 Recs
- A Baltimore resident trying to restore ...89 comments 50 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.