I wanted to take a break in the primary action and discuss something of great importance: food. My recent trip home for the holidays reminded me of the great comfort of childhood foods. There are certain foods that I taste and I am transported back to holidays of past. One holiday treat my mother makes that makes me the most nostalgic is a fudge. Come with my on a culinary escapade after the break.
The annual National Book Festival is taking place on the National Mall tomorrow in Washington, D.C. from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Will any other Kossacks be there? More details below!
As of 11 a.m., the United Auto Workers will be on strike against General Motors. The deadline was imposed after intense negotiations have failed to produce favorable contract details including benefits for retiring workers. So why should you care?
When the Department of Defense starts a new acquisitions project or program, the entire process is regulated by "Defense Acquisitions." Anyone in a program management role has to know this system intimately to move the program forward and to navigate the DoD approval and funding process.
More on the relationship between military decision making and the Surge below.
One of my favorite science quotes is comprised of two words from Galileo Galilei: "oculate certitudine"...which loosely translates as "visible certainty." More below on why these two simple words changed the nature of science.
After being away on travel for several weeks, I thought I would hastily throw together another installment of I Fucking Hate.
Someone suggested a couple weeks ago that I focus on music topics again. So tonight, I thought we might talk about songs with garbled, misheard, or just horrible lyrics.
One of the most important aspects of any movie is the soundtrack. The music provides almost another actor in telling the story on the screen. That is why when the soundtrack is bad, it can distract from the entire movie. That is why I have picked "Soundtracks" for this week's I F**king Hate installment.
It is time for another edition of I F**king Hate (IFH). I think for tonight's IFH, we will swing back to the world of music. This time, let's focus our attention specifically on lyrics. What lyrics drive you up the wall? Not that the song is bad, but the lyrics are just plain horrible or make no sense. I got a couple examples below. What do you think?
Murdoch's News Corp has been in the news lately because of the take over bid for Dow Jones which is the parent company for The Wall Street Journal. It now appears that both the SEC and the NY State Attorney General's office have initiated investigations into possible improprieties. More below!
It was with great interest that I read this post at the Talking Points Memo about the inability of the management of Powerline to name any Bush Administration official that has been implicated in any scandal of note with the exception of Scooter Libby. TPM, of course, provided a list previously compiled with the help of their readers of administration officials rocked by scandal (either indicted or convicted). What got me thinking tonight was the comments on the original Powerline blog entry and the amazing amount of either sheer ignorance or willful self-deception that is perpetrated by many Republicans/conservatives just to make sense of the world. More on this below.
Time for this week’s installment of I Fucking Hate (IFH)! Here’s how the game works: each week I pick a topic that we discuss (or just dis). You get more street cred if you can make a reference that makes us all go "Damn!, I forgot about that one!." Last week, we focused our attention on all the junk on TV. I am building on that theme, and moving from the small screen to the large screen. More Hatin’ below!
For those policy wonks on DailyKos, check out this really cool 2008 Presidential Budget Request interactive poster.
You can zoom and to see the details and the actual numbers. A little more analysis after the jump.
Recommended by Mote Dai
- http://www.buzzfeed.com/zekejmiller/chaos-on-the-gop-convention-floor A shouting match erupted on the floor of the Republican National Convention on Tuesday afternoon as Chairman Reince Priebus ...163 comments 233 Recs
- Now, I realize the fact that the stock market is rigged to the advantage of large investors may not be a shock to many of you. There is, however, breaking news in today's NYT , provided by the truly ...94 comments 180 Recs
- So in almost every news article and commentary about whether or not there should be a "bailout" for Big Auto, the current figure thrown around as to how much United Auto Workers make is $70 an hour.211 comments 72 Recs
- I'm asking others here to please recommend this diary for Obama supporters that live in Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia area. This is so Obama supporters can pre-...633 comments 1081 Recs
- Anyone still reading this? If you are, go ahead and comment here, I guess. Updates will be sparse ...314 comments 656 Recs
- Yes I know, moto dai already has a diary that offers pictures and that will give you something of a sense. But I thought a little ...48 comments 52 Recs
- I have a deep interest in this and any nations development of chemical, or bioloigical weapons and or any experiments designed to counter the effects of them. In order to defend against them, you ...25 comments 31 Recs
- 10 comments 19 Recs
- 190 comments 198 Recs
- 28 comments 219 Recs
Mote Dai's Tags
- No current results.
Mote Dai's Blogroll
- No current results.