Posting History for MrJayTee
|Anti-Capitalist Meetup: When a Socialist Becomes the Boss
It wasn't that hard when I was a grunt. As long as my job was constructive, something that made the world suck less, a regular job was OK. I was a working class guy, the Man was the Man, and never ...
|Anti-Capitalist Meetup: What's Really Behind US-Cuba Normalization?
A spectre is haunting the United States--the spectre of normal relations between the United States and communist bugbear Cuba. For the lazy, captured US media, it's all about the Cold War poses ...
|So, Kos, how about that Gaza thing?
Dear Kos, Let me start by thanking you for letting me post here when I'm not exactly the type of blogger you have in mind. Not that I think you give a shit about my opinion either way, but it ...
|Anti-Capitalist Meetup: Toward a Leftist Program for Working Class Consciousness
The original title of this diary was to be "Toward a Leftist Program by the Working Class, for the Working Class", an neat, academic-sounding title reflecting an admirable goal: how can we, whatever ...
|Good Morning, White Privilege
I experienced white privilege this morning. It came to me without my seeking it, just as it will come to you if you are white, and you will benefit from it whether you want to or not. White ...
|Ecuador to US: keep your trade, and here's $23 million for Human Rights education
From Reuters comes news that the government of Ecuador has unilaterally waived trade rights with the United States, rejecting accusations that US threats to end a favorable trade deal were the ...
|Kos and Front Pagers: draw a clear, bright line on Freedom of the Press
It's been over a week now since the AP announced that the Justice Department had issued a sweeping subpoena of the home, work, and cell phone records of Associated Press staff related to leaks in a ...
|Sullivan: white people are poodles, black and brown people are beagles
That's Andrew Sullivan , flushing whatever's left of his reputation down the Crapper of Cluelessness. (Or is it the Wastebasket of White Privilege?) Sullivan feels Jason Richwine's parting company ...
|Global Warming, Islam, and the US: Flashpoint Bangladesh?
Bangladesh, in grave danger from rising waters Bring up global warming and my mind turns to Bangladesh. What other nation finds so many people, so poor, so under the thumb of a money-grubbing ...
|If only for Criminal Injustice Kos!
If only for soothsayer99 and Radio Girl, two of the most compelling and potent voices behind CIK, I'm done for now. But of course, there's more. ...
|Ridiculous things you say to pooties and woozles
A rambling diary that's barely a diary, about nothing of particular relevance... When this old world starts to getting me down, and people are just too much for me to take, I turn to my cat and ...
|KosAbility: Adult ADD and ADHD
Some disabilities are hard to see. Some are so hard to see that even the person living with one doesn't know it. I didn't know about mine until I was nearly 40, after years of failure and ...
|I Was a Gay Teenage Escort
A recent diary, Are the Laws Against Prostitution Doing Anyone Any Good? , inspired some lengthy discussion, but it seemed to ...
|Palin's Socialism in the Snow
In the Palin/McCain campaign's attempts to turn Obama into a "socialist"--as if even 5% of their core audience knows what socialism actually means--we find still another instance of the ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by MrJayTee
- Due to popular demand (which I cannot understand for the life of me), today’s piece will discuss chapters 4 and 5 in Karl Marx’s Capital , volume I. On the surface, these two chapters appear ...36 comments 7 Recs
- On Thursday, May 21st, 2015, Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf, in response to window breaking during ...28 comments 55 Recs
- I've quoted this passage before, but I think it bears repeating. Some of the defenders of the Duggar family are saying that those mean ol' godless liberals are persecuting the Duggars because of ...23 comments 27 Recs
- This is a roundup of news related to Palestine with a particular focus on grassroots action and peaceful civil disobedience in the Occupied Territories and within the borders of Israel proper. We ...6 comments 30 Recs
- There are perhaps 4500 black rhinos left in the world. As of last Monday, there was one fewer.191 comments 98 Recs
- Rick Scott sucks. Most of the Florida legislators suck. They suck for many reasons, not the least of which is trying to make it illegal for gay people to adopt children. The stupid law that was ...8 comments 31 Recs
- OOPS : Someone put an autoplay video embed in the comments. If you hear audio you can go here and stop the video from playing. -----253 comments 217 Recs
- Naomi O'Leary captures the scene on a train #HomeToVote The Irish are headed to the polls today for a nationwide vote on same-sex marriage and thousands of Irish citizens have gone to extraordinary ...41 comments 95 Recs
- And so it goes. Same as it ever was. And I'm not simply talking about police officers getting away with killing (mostly) young black men but the incessant nitpicking of each and every case ...42 comments 107 Recs
- Africa (1736)
- Black Kos (3693)
- Black Lives Matter (585)
- Bolivia (296)
- Canada (3732)
- Civil Disobedience (1246)
- Cuba (1108)
- Ferguson (5410)
- First Amendment (3153)
- Gaza (3564)
- Greece (1257)
- Haiti (1561)
- LatinoKos (1464)
- Mass Incarceration (74)
- NSA (6759)
- Palestine (7525)
- Scotland (681)
- SNP (48)
- socialist alternative (41)
- Surveillance State (1031)
- No current results.