Below you'll find recent contributions related to Nancy Meyer's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Open thread for night owls: Now comes Trans-Pacific trickle-down
Former Labor Secretary Robert Reich writes Trans-Pacific Trickle-Down Economics : Now comes the Trans-Pacific Partnership. It’s being sold as a way to boost the U.S. economy, expand exports, ...
|Nebraska Wingnut Files Federal Suit Against "All Gays"
An Auburn, Nebr. woman has filed a case in Federal court in Omaha, seeking to have the court decide whether homosexuality is a sin. Really. More below the sinful orange taffeta.
|PA-Sen: Toomey (R) Just Doesn't Have The Time To Explain Why He's Blocking His Own Judicial Nominee
This is ridiculous: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/05/pat-toomey-luis-restrepo_n_7214790.html?utm_hp_ref=...
|Battle over Iran nuclear review bill by right and ultra right seems ended. Vote expected Thursday
These two guys are moving toward a vote ...
|Midday open thread: Top hedge fund managers earn paltry $11bn, Edison's talking dolls still creepy
Today's comic by Jen Sorensen is Texas takeover :
|Klobuchar, Tester reintroduce bill to require states to allow voter registration on Election Day
Allowing citizens to register to vote on Election Day is a smart idea that boosts turnout and makes things easier for the most mobile Americans. It has been tested for problems for decades in the ...
|Open thread for night owls: Ask your doc if this birth control is right for you. Now ask your boss
In case you can't see the video here, try ...
|Exciting Ideas Driving Progressive Organizing
There is a lot of great thinking about policy that is driving progressive movement organizing right now. While policy discussion in the traditional media confines of DC conventional wisdom is ...
|Study saying EPA rules will save 3,500 lives should be nailed to door of every naysayer in Congress
Curbing coal plant emissions would save lots of lives. Not that this matters to EPA haters. A new study published in the ...
|Boehner: 'Ask any employer' about Obamacare, so hey, ask me!
Obamacare is such a failure, it can't even kill the jobs Republicans said it would!
|Midday open thread: Minimum wage boost hits bullseye, executions don't hit worst of the worst
Today's comic by Tom Tomorrow is Responses to Baltimore :
|Iran nuclear review act: Is it lose-lose for Republicans?
Whoops. Even though the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act most likely will pass the Senate by a large majority, the superhawks, pushed by Sens. Tom Cotton (R-AR) and president-wannabe Marco Rubio (R-
|Abbreviated pundit round-up: Why Baltimore's past matters; Is ISIS really on the run?
Molly Redden at Mother Jones writes Want an Abortion This Year? Get Ready to Wait : For women seeking an abortion, 2015 is shaping up to be the year of the long wait. Since the beginning of the year,
|Open thread for night owls. Do progressives need to make better emotional ties when organizing?
Excerpted by Alternet from Michael Bader'...
|Abbreviated Pundit Round-up: Fall into the Income Gap Edition
Nicholas Kristof reminds us that the structure of our economy is not an inevitable outcome. It's a choice. The eruptions in Baltimore have been tied, in complex ways, to frustrations ...
|Mom Brings Gun to Daughter's Brawl With Girl over a Boy
They say a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun. Apparently that doesn't apply to women. . . . A Texas (where else) teenager (fourteen) showed up behind Pasadena High School for a ...
|This week at progressive state blogs: Lynch and the power of black women, SD polygamists seek water
This week in progressive state blogs is designed specifically to focus attention on the writing and analysis of people focused on their home turf. Let me know via comments or Kosmail if you have a ...
|Spotlight on green news & views: Super El Niño forms, oil & gas drilling damage, wind power soars
Three tropical cyclones churned the waters around Australia on March 11, 2015, including Pam, one of the strongest storms ever in the region.
|Warwick, RI Police Chief Ends Controversial Motel 6 Collaboration
A Motel 6 in Warwick, Rhode Island, started faxing its guest list daily to the Warwick police department, after the motel made seventy-nine calls to the police resulting in seventy-five arrests. ...
|Open thread for night owls: FAIR takes on economist pundit who disappeared economist critics of TPP
At Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting, Jim Naureckaswrites NYT Lets Economic Pundit Disappear TPP’s Economist Critics : The New York Times (4/24/15) handed its readers an exploding cigar this ...
|DOT issues oil-train rules. Industry objects. Other critics say rules too weak and deadline too slow
Oil train derailment Feb. 15 near Mount Carbon, West Virginia. The Obama ...
|Midday open thread: Tesla home battery unveiled, 1 in 6 species at risk, where's Aaron Schock?
On Saturday at 8 AM PT, the tech team will be moving Daily Kos from its current web host to Amazon's Web Services. We'll be taking the site down for an estimated one to three hours while we move our ...
|Open thread for night owls: A condensed look at what Bernie Sanders thinks on some issues
What Bernie Sanders thinks , as compiled by Andrew Prokip at Vox. I've included paragraphs on five subjects, with only subheads for the rest: Move to a single-payer health care system The ...
|Wind energy association's first-quarter report offers reasons for optimism
The American Wind Energy Association has released its report for the first quarter of 2015, and it's quite encouraging. Indeed, for those of ...
|Midday open thread: Who asked leniency for Petraeus? Initial claims for jobless comp at 15-year low
Today's comic by Ruben Bolling is Doonesbury's Charlie Hebdo problem :
|Chances of ending federal executions diminished with Eric Holder's departure
Eric Holder was conducting a review of the death penalty, but it ...
|Marco Rubio sought 'leniency' for Corinthian Colleges last year
For more than a decade, Corinthian Colleges, Inc. has been the target of lawsuits and state and federal investigations for its deceptive marketing, falsification of employment placement rates and ...
|Open thread for night owls: Martin Luther King Jr. quotes the traditional media won't cite
M.L. King arrested in 1958 in Montgomery, Alabama, for "loitering" outside a courtroom where there was a hearing for his friend Ralph Abernathy, founder of the Southern Christian Leadership ...
|Spotlight on green news & views: Cities engage on climate change, anger translator, extreme weather
Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention they deserve. To help get more eyeballs, Spotlight on Green News & Views (previously known as the ...
|Midday open thread: GDP growth 0.2%, Nevadans back 'net metering' that boosts rooftop solar
Today's comic by Matt Bors is Satire to die for :
Recommended by Nancy Meyer
- In this visually beautiful and mesmerizing piece, 27 year-old Prince Ea apologies to future generations for what we are doing, and not doing, to the planet today. The six-minute video contains so ...112 comments 325 Recs
- Mark Knopfler is a British songwriter, film score composer, guitarist, and record producer. He is best known as the lead guitarist, vocalist, and songwriter for the rock band Dire Straits, which he ...41 comments 34 Recs
- Fox News has been proven repeatedly to be a purveyor of disinformation and outright lies presented as facts. Knowledgeable observers long ago ceased to take their reporting seriously. However, it's ...202 comments 563 Recs
- You didn't know this, did you? On a flight home I sat in between two individuals, a Marine and boxing promoter. The boxing guy was an older gentleman, and told interesting stories, such as ...620 comments 723 Recs
- A reporter asked one of the most divisive questions at a news conference in New York City featuring Mayor Bill de Blasio, his commissioner, and police chief. The reporter's question was barely ...265 comments 687 Recs
- (Click to enlarge) It's safe to say that if the acts described in the torture report had been committed against American troops, people like Dick Cheney would be singing a different tune. Follow ...75 comments 133 Recs
- The Salt River Project (SRP) is not a retirement community classic rock band. It's one of Arizona's primary energy companies. They have a problem: Arizona has too much sun. Arizona residents have ...50 comments 29 Recs
- In the 1880s and 1890s, a prairie wildfire swept through American politics. The generation of pioneers that had taken the risk to head out west and take advantage of Abe Lincoln’s Homestead Act, ...185 comments 426 Recs
- ... since it's gotten about zero coverage (it gets almost no hits on Google News).... It's a beautiful day here in Iceland. The weather is crisp. Clear skies over almost the whole country. Light ...208 comments 548 Recs
- I meet you all the time. You hate Obama. You hate gay people. You hate black people, immigrants, Muslims, labor unions, women who want the right to make choices concerning their bodies, you ...305 comments 1533 Recs
Nancy Meyer's Tags
- No current results.
Nancy Meyer's Blogroll
- No current results.