Posting History for Obamagrandma
|Can we fight back?
A Republican group has started a website "I can't enroll" ( www.icantenroll.com ) and is collecting names of people who are having problems with enrolling in the ACA. I have a simple question for ...
|Now, should football be banned?
October 8, 2013: Watching Frontline PBS tonight "League of Denial" about the impact of concussion in football players, I decided to repost this update on a diary I wrote in 2009. I fear the problem ...
|Update on football and brain injury
October 8, 2013: Watching Frontline PBS tonight "League of Denial", I decided to repost this repost of a diary I wrote in 2009. I fear the problem is the same and the solutions may not be what we ...
|Beware the Republican Talking Points on Health Reform!
Last week in the Coons-O'Donnell debate in Delaware, we heard the Republican candidate, Christine O'Donnell, lay out her answer to health reform -- or "Obamacare" as she and the Republicans so ...
|What the press doesn't tell us about health reform
Betsy Burton owns a small independent bookstore in Salt Lake City called The King's English Bookshop . Her business will ...
|In defense of Don Berwick
President Obama's nominee to head up the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) is a Harvard physician named Dr. Donald Berwick. ...
|Obama (sort of) comes out swinging on health reform
In his State of the Union speech Wednesday night, President Obama strongly ...
|Public Option Redux
In the last few days, there has been strong rumors of yet another attempt to frame ...
|The New Scarlet Letter - A is for Abortion
Many bloggers ...
|Betsy McCaughey is Wrong about Health Reform -- Again!
Saturday in the Wall Street Journal , Betsy McCaughey, well known for ...
|The Surgeon General is confirmed!!
BREAKING! SURGEON GENERAL NOMINEE REGINA BENJAMIN CONFIRMED BY SENATE TONIGHT BY VOICE VOTE! We have been ...
|Still No Surgeon General
We don't have a Surgeon General, but we have a potential flu pandemic facing us. The President ...
|Should we ban football?
A neuropathologist named Dr. Ann McKee has done research on the brains of ex-...
|Bill Maher is wrong about swine flu
Friday night on Real Time with Bill Maher , Maher interviewed Dr. Bill Frist, a former U.S. Senator and physician about the necessity of swine flu vaccinations. Maher said he didn't ...
|What do you want Obama to say Wednesday night?
President Obama will address a joint session of Congress next Wednesday night (September 9th) and make his case for health reform. What do you want him to say? (This post cross ...
|Town Halls: My mind is made up - don't confuse me with the facts!
I attended a health care reform town hall in my district last night. There were at least 800 people there in a rural area of California. Nine out of ten of the questions asked were straight out of ...
|Crazy attacks on health reform begin
I posted this late Saturday night but was asked by commenters to re-post today, since who reads stuff at midnight! Thanks to some helpful comments, I also reformatted this to remove the CAPS ...
|The August Attack on Health Reform begins...
UPDATE: For an updated version, see "Crazy Attacks on Health Reform Begin" posted tonight (Sunday pacific/Monday eastern). It has much easier to read formatting (I took out all the caps) and ...
|Stimulus is federal takeover of health care
The Wall Street Journal editorializes, "In sum, what we are really getting in this stimulus bill are several more steps in the gradual government takeover of the health care market" (...
|Monday January 19th - Barack it Forward
On Martin Luther King Day, Monday January 19th, President-elect Obama has encouraged all Americans to participate in some type of service in their community. To facilitate that, the Inaugural ...
|Hey bloggers - are you a "kid in pajamas?" Palin thinks so
I am really offended. In her interview with Fox News' Greta Van Susteren, Palin called bloggers "kids in pajamas who sit in the basement of their parents' home" writing mean things about her. Well,
|What happens now?
My question for Obama and for the millions of volunteers who worked so hard to elect him is, "What now?" What will happen to the incredible energy and enthusiasm? The almost obsessive activity that ...
|If Obama don't beat, you can call me Pete
When my husband was in elementary school a long time ago, he told his little friends, "If Dewey don't beat (Truman), you can call me Pete." They called him Pete for year. He became a Democrat! ...
|I was just robocalled by Anthem Blue Cross!
I guess automated messages are here to stay. Just as I was listening to the Obama campaign say that he would be leaving the campaign trail to be by the side of his very ill grandmother, and just as ...
|A Nation of Ghosts
This diary was provided to me by a physician who is deeply concerned about the mental health of our returning vets. I am quoting from her letter with her permission. I know she would love your ...
|Old guys for Obama
Tonight we had dinner with an 82 year old Obama supporter and my 93 year old mother (who is a Republican). I have written about Herb before, because he lives in this assisted living facility, was a ...
|4 in 10 see no difference between health reform plans
In a new poll released by Harris Interactive and researchers at the Harvard School of Public Health, four in ten registered voters said they didn't think that one health reform plan would be better ...
|Biden chokes up on son going to Iraq
When Joe Biden mentioned his son going to Iraq tonight, and paused every so slightly, I -- as a mother of a son who has been in Iraq-- was in tears. Sorry, but you have to have a direct ...
|Bott boi for Biden
Don't know what Bott Boi is? It's Pennsylvania Dutch for "pot pie". As you prepare for the Thursday Vice Presidential debate, think about cooking something from Biden's "birth" state - Pennsylvania -
| A Spoonful of Optimism
Let's have a spoonful, a BIG spoonful of optimism, about the outcome of this election! Time to buzz up the campaign everywhere. We had dinner last night with friends, all Democrats, and the amount ...
|Food for Debate Watch parties
My husband and I are doing all we can to help Obama get elected. I do blogging and he does FOOD!!( UPDATE- see more ideas below the fold ) He makes lunches for the phone bankers, ...
|20 million could LOSE health insurance under McCain plan
And you thought things could not get worse! In a Web Exclusive released just today, September 16, 2008, in Health Affairs , health researchers estimate that ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Obamagrandma
- After being excluded by Republicans from their birth control panel, Sandra Fluke testifies before a hearing organized by Democrats Sandra Fluke, the Georgetown Law Student savagely attacked by ...280 comments 192 Recs
- Marc Ambinder at The ...126 comments 565 Recs
- These comments by Chuck Todd on Meet the Press yesterday, show us the path to victory. Make every senior you know aware of the damage McCain-Palin will do to Social Security & Medicare and urge ...6 comments 3 Recs
- 232 comments 450 Recs
- My mother has been working the polls in North Carolina for early voting and has alerted me to something that I think would be important for NC voters to know. If you circle in the choice for a ...721 comments 1623 Recs
- When I opened up FireFox at 5:30 pm EST and hit the 'news' button at the top of the Google Search homepage, guess what? Not one mention of the record-breaking crowd of 100,000 people at Obama's ...23 comments 18 Recs
- At the Republican convention, Sarah Palin mocked Barack Obama for his work as a community organizer. We shouldn’t be surprised, since community organizers seek to empower communities and ...7 comments 10 Recs
- I blogged the debate for health care, and then forgot I had posted a diary yesterday and had to wait until this morning. McCain started off again this debate wishing the best to someone in the ...18 comments 9 Recs
- Nearly 47 million Americans, most of who are in working families, do not have health insurance. For those with health coverage, our health costs are skyrocketing. We are at a critical time. We need ...6 comments 4 Recs
- Now that both Obama and McCain have donned the mantle of change, the crucial question becomes: change to what? Everyone appears to be in favor of playing nice in Washington and special interests ...6 comments 3 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.