Posting History for Oliver St John Gogarty
|The mental health solution is a red herring
Both NRA types and gun-control advocates have called for greater emphasis on screening for, and treatment of, potential mass murderers by the mental health system. There is no question that the ...
|Oliver St John Gogarty||12/24/2012||11||17||-||-|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Oliver St John Gogarty
- In one sense, no - they're incomplete without music. Lyrics are written for performance, backed by or woven into a wall of sound. On the silent page they are thin shadows, lacking the emotional force,243 comments 49 Recs
- This is a cry in the wilderness because I'm a resident of Virginia facing one of the few meaningful elections in the country this year and I'm confronted with having to support Terry Freakin ...3 comments 4 Recs
- That's Andrew Sullivan , flushing whatever's left of his reputation down the Crapper of Cluelessness. (Or is it the Wastebasket of White Privilege?) Sullivan feels Jason Richwine's parting company ...241 comments 81 Recs
- From Ring of Fire . Anti-intellectualism and anti-rationalism have become almost epidemic in America. In fact, a talented writer by the name of Susan Jacoby wrote an important book several years ...20 comments 23 Recs
- That's what Paul Krugman wrote in his New York Times column this morning . He begins simply enough: Ever since the financial crisis struck, and the Federal Reserve began “printing money” in an ...41 comments 31 Recs
- Inspired by Hunter's latest gem and originally posted at New Worlds . It was the Wednesday night dharma talk at the lighthouse. The teacher was a guy who has talked there countless times. He's a ...257 comments 85 Recs
- "The time will come when our silence will be more powerful than the voices you strangle today!" These words were shouted into the crisp, cold Chicago air on November 11, 1887 by an anarchist labor ...14 comments 21 Recs
- I have to admit, I was a little bummed this morning when I woke to find the only response to the ' E-Mail to the American Worker ' that I wrote yesterday was a dismissive: "Another good example of ...78 comments 5 Recs
- This just came through a few hours ago. I know it's a short piece, and I'm not going to quote it all --- but this may well present truly meaningful, progressive Catholicism in the U.S. a wide-open ...17 comments 5 Recs
- Paul Krugman, one of the most articulate and accessable economists in the business has plenty of detractors. Stepping on the toes of the would-be exalted is bound to draw some flack. His recent ...9 comments 17 Recs
Oliver St John Gogarty's Tags
- No current results.
Oliver St John Gogarty's Blogroll
- No current results.