|Firearms Law and Policy
To advocate effectively for repeal or passage of firearms legislation we must first know and understand current law and policy, and how both are implemented, where we live. There is enormous variability across the country; the relative utility/relative risk of firearms is different on a 500 acre ranch in Montana than for a 1000 square foot apartment in New York. State and local laws reflect that diversity. We will discuss firearms law and policy with an emphasis on the many historical ethics an...
Are you sure you want to remove yourself from this group?
Accept or decline the invitation. A private message will be sent to the group with your response.
Recommended by Ozy
- The May 21 Nature carried a special section on bees (behind a paywall), and the heart of it was a detailed evaluation on the state of the science on the role of the insecticides known as ...29 comments 53 Recs
- How's THAT for a clickbait title? ;) As some of you already know, I've been making plans for several months now to give up my apartment, sell all my stuff, convert a cargo van into a camper van, ...111 comments 147 Recs
- Note that the video above was shot on May 8, 2015, set to Debussy's Clair de Lune, by the YouTube user NorthOlbo who makes wonderful pieces about the British Columbian coast. Check him out. The ...11 comments 25 Recs
- The U.S. Department of Energy revises wind energy potential map for the entire U.S. and which shows the areas of the United States evaluated with increased (or new) wind energy potential with ...6 comments 17 Recs
- The purpose of this short diary is to bring to interested readers a visual accounting of the marine biodiversity present in our working harbor here in Victoria BC Canada. Despite some online claims ...6 comments 6 Recs
- The purpose of this diary is to answer the question posed in the title by summarizing a recently published peer reviewed study in the journal Nuclear Engineering and Design . The diary is part of ...140 comments 25 Recs
- Somebody needs to wipe the climate-change-denying smile off Lamar Smith's mug. The story about Republicans in committee axing big hunks of government science budgets sparked a deluge of social ...161 comments 290 Recs
- The EmDrive which made made headlines last year is back in the news with the results from a new set of tests by NASA showing that the drive has been successfully tested in a hard vacuum. The EM ...235 comments 103 Recs
- Paul Krugman's May 1 column in the New York Times states the devastatingly obvious: Ideology and Integrity . ...Nonetheless, many in the news media will try to make the campaign about ...117 comments 252 Recs
- During his reign, the Egyptian Pharaoh Ramses II built an extraordinary number of monuments in his capitol city, Pi-Ramesse. In later centuries, Pi-Ramesse was abandoned and forgotten, lost in the ...40 comments 69 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.