Posting History for POwriter
|WTF!?! WaPo, Teachers Should Not Sleep with Their Students.
My twitter feed exploded with this opinion column from Betsy Karasik on WaPo explaining why sexual relations between students and teachers should be decriminalized. The teachers should be fired, ...
|HuffPo Engages in False Equivanlency
Huffington Post's Jennifer Bendery reported on a Biden "gaffe" last night , in the midst of the Romney shitstorm about makers and moochers, about warring definitions of the middle class. I use ...
|The Republican Ethos of Bullying
Full disclosure: I am a registered Democrat, have been since I turned 18 during Clinton's first term and helped vote him into his second. This discussion is about why I shall forever remain a ...
|Not all that Trickles Down is Gold
Read this first. It's an editorial by a friend of mine, single mother of three, graduate ...
|Sticker Shock (silliness)
I was wandering through the Obama store on www.barackobama.com when I came across the electronic aisle o'stickers. Now, I've been wanting a sticker to place ...
I don't know about anyone else, but I've spent the last eight years living with the feeling that history took a wrong turn. In the history of should've-been, George W. Bush should have been a ...
|Dissecting the Narrative
I wrote this several weeks ago for my own blog, before Sarah Barracuda-Pit-Bull-Hockey-Mom-Every-Word-a-Lie Palin was picked for VP, so I've expanded this to include her in my analysis. This is ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by POwriter
- How often have I heard or seen this phrase, "I want my country back," used over the years since I was born in 1956, in Raleigh, North Carolina? I can't give you a precise number, but I can tell ...333 comments 836 Recs
- Several years ago, I received a crash course in privilege. I took a taxi to the airport. It was 3:30 in the morning on a Thursday in November. It was my first real job, and I was wearing a brand-...178 comments 462 Recs
- In six years of professional "No-ing," the GOP has accomplished very little. They've shut down the government, accused the president of trying to destroy the country, cooked up every sort of ...292 comments 573 Recs
- My first stop in America was a little town called Brenham, Texas, in 1979. It is the home of the famous Texas Blue Bell Ice Cream and Blinn Junior College. My ticket to study engineering in ...87 comments 206 Recs
- One of the worst, and ugliest suggestions of the modern-era interpretation of the Second Amendment is that it openly advocates for armed rebellion if you aren't happy with the government. Of ...215 comments 338 Recs
- "My corporations employ scores of people. They depend on me to do what I do so they can make a nice salary. If Barack Obama begins taxing me more than 50 percent, which is very possible, I don't ...184 comments 138 Recs
- If for nothing else, you have to give Republican leaders and their conservative echo chamber credit for staying on message. After Paul Ryan famously declared the America was becoming a nation of "72 comments 114 Recs
- We begin in Anchorage, Alaska, where a group of average women decided to hold a small rally to let it be known that their Governor, Sarah Palin, does not represent their views on many of the issues ...644 comments 1298 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.