Below you'll find recent contributions related to PerfectStormer's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|How did you begin to unlearn racism?
Overpass Light Brigade, "Unlearn Racism" When the Overpass Light Brigade brought the message of " ...
|Denise Oliver Velez||05/24/2015||431|
|New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says swear words
'And furthermore ...' Ah, the political roast. Those glorious annual events in which politicians and the press get together and say terrible but perfectly true things ...
|President Obama honors fallen soldiers in weekly address
President Obama devoted his weekly address to those who have given their lives in service to the country. This weekend also reminds us that, around the world, our men and women in uniform ...
|Cheers and Jeers: Rum and Coke FRIDAY!
From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Rhetorical Candles on the Birthday Cake Pearls of wisdom and piles of horse dung from various political types born in May: "Economic growth without social ...
|Bill in Portland Maine||05/22/2015||116|
|Pew poll: 75 percent of Republicans want their party to challenge Obama 'more often'
Not satisfied. According to a new Pew poll, the ...
|Rick Santorum blasts Fox News for limiting GOP debate to top ten candidates
The announcement that Fox News will be limiting the first Republican primary ...
|Six Baltimore officers indicted in death of Freddie Gray
Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby has announced that a grand jury has returned indictments for ...
|Ex-CIA briefer: Bush administration presented false 'intelligence' to the nation
No kidding. In the much-needed pile-...
|A not-indicted Chris Christie says media owes him an apology
Hang on, we have to savor this for a while : Chris Christie says the ...
|Cheers and Jeers: Thursday
From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Oh! More Things I Know: That President Obama has been on twitter for three days and hasn't posted a single funny cat pic shows he's not taking his twitter ...
|Bill in Portland Maine||05/21/2015||77|
|Open thread for night owls: 'History will allow clear judgments' on Iraq||Hunter||05/20/2015||70|
|America's Dumbest Congressman: Bush would have never invaded Iraq if he knew Obama would screw it up||Hunter||05/20/2015||241|
|Sen. Ron Johnson: 'I'm not so sure I'm trusting President Obama' over Iranian leaders
I don't know how these people remember to keep breathing . Sen. ...
|Cheers and Jeers: Wednesday
From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… End of a Late Night Era There have been gazillions of words written " Late -ly" (Get it? Get it?) about the impact of David Letterman on late-night comedy. They'...
|Bill in Portland Maine||05/20/2015||55|
|Chris Christie invokes 9/11: 'You can't enjoy your civil liberties if you're in a coffin'
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie takes on civil liberties, domestic espionage, and ...
|Would Lindsey Graham have gone to war knowing 'what we know now'? He's not telling.
Lindsey Graham took to the airwaves yesterday to answer the _what we know now_ question himself. He turns in an ...
|Cheers and Jeers: Tuesday
From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… In Which I Agree with the GOP Count me among those who don’t really give a crap whether or not ABC News prompter reader and "we'll have to leave it there" ...
|Bill in Portland Maine||05/19/2015||82|
|birds along the fox
|Marco Rubio positions himself as the president who will bring us our next war
Presidential contender Marco Rubio is trying his level best to bring back the glory days of the Project for the New American Century, aka The People Who Brought You The Iraq War. Are you the sort ...
|Sen. Lindsey Graham announces he'll be announcing a presidential run
In the best news any of us will hear all week, Sen. ...
|What we know now about Iraq we knew back then, too
Seeking to avoid the multi-day saga that Jeb Bush endured ...
|Cheers and Jeers: Monday
From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Intercepted! To: All Patriotic Texans who know what's really ...
|Bill in Portland Maine||05/18/2015||75|
|sad trestle trail
|Driving while black, brown, or Indian
Most people have heard or read the acronym "DWB," which stands for " Driving While Black ," or in many cases "Brown," derived from DWI—Driving While Intoxicated. In ...
|Denise Oliver Velez||05/17/2015||218|
|Link found between anti-abortion attitudes and sexism
And a few other things, too. ...
|To Ben Carson's fans, those 'gaffes' aren't gaffes||Hunter||05/16/2015||82|
|Scott Walker heads to Washington to pander to the 'religious' far right
Look, I'll hate whatever you tell me to. While Wisconsin Governor and likely Republican presidential candidate Scott Walker is a favorite among business leaders looking for favors and wealthy ...
|Cheers and Jeers: Rum and Coke FRIDAY!
From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE… Late Night Snark: It's All Crazy Edition "Mike Huckabee enters the presidential race. So evangelical voters have a choice, which is more than he wants to give ...
|Bill in Portland Maine||05/15/2015||107|
|Boston Marathon bomber receives death penalty
Tsarnaev, in surveillance footage from the scene Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who with his brother planted two bombs at the 2013 Boston Marathon that killed 3 people and injured over 260 others,
|Republican presidential candidates make traditional pilgrimage to seek 'evangelical' blessing
I'm right here! What more do you want of me?
Recommended by PerfectStormer
- So... my laptop decided it HAD to fail to boot, hang on startup, amd then demanded we CHKDSK. Needless to say, TC is delayed a bit so thank you for your patience. Follow me below the dingledoodle ...60 comments 31 Recs
- Now that the USGS has preliminary come up with a way to quantify the short term hazard of potentially induced earthquakes it’s important to know what these maps are and mean.28 comments 66 Recs
- Originally posted at Eclectablog.com . Shoot 'em? Teana Walsh, an assistant Wayne County, Michigan prosecutor posted this on her Facebook page after watching images of protesters and rioters in ...151 comments 268 Recs
- For the last year, I and several others have covered the rise in seismicity in Oklahoma and Kansas . The earthquakes in these two states, coupled with earthquakes in Texas, Colorado, and Ohio, ...107 comments 192 Recs
- Meteor Blades' quilt -- CSM's will be in a completely different color palette but the pattern and size of the star will be the same. We are making a star quilt for Common Sense Mainer, a major ...62 comments 68 Recs
- \*Deep breath\* ... I'm probably going to delete this diary in a couple of days, because some of the information that follows is not just personal, but potentially identifying (less by other users,171 comments 268 Recs
- Meteor Blades' quilt -- we would like to make something similar for CSM in a wild and bright color palette Everybody knows of Common Sense Mainer as Bill in Portland Maine's beloved life partner. ...274 comments 169 Recs
- Now that I know that if I come in to your pizza parlor and ask for pepperoni pies for my gay wedding the answer will bem "NO!" , some other pressing questions leap to mind. What if it was just a ...120 comments 151 Recs
- The Passenger Rail Investment and Improvement Act of 2008 (PRIIA) changed the law governing Amtrak. In the past, Amtrak was at the mercy of freight rail companies because most of its trains run on ...20 comments 35 Recs
- For those who haven't heard, MsSpent Youth got word this morning that Cedwyn 's gone downhill overnight. We haven't had any word since then (that I am aware of) and I think everyone's decided to ...226 comments 624 Recs
- No current results.