Below you'll find recent contributions related to Philpm's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|This Week in the War on Women
The big news: Nigerian army [http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/28/us-nigeria-violence-rescue-idUSKBN0NJ2FK20150428?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=twitter rescued 293 women and girls] ...
|Tara the Antisocial Social Worker||05/02/2015||22|
|What's the opposite of Rioting? Baltimore cheers Cops being charged in Freddie Gray murder.
Baltimore celebrates after police charged in death of Freddie Gray Residents shouted with joy, embraced and honked car horns on Friday on the same Baltimore streets where rioters had clashed with ...
|Top Comments: Pickup Poetry
I'm a fan of David Futrelle's blog [http://wehuntedthemammoth.com/ We Hunted the Mammoth,] which cheerfully mocks misogynists in their assorted forms: "men's rights activists" who are convinced ...
|Tara the Antisocial Social Worker||04/22/2015||41|
|Most of police force quits after tiny Missouri town elects black lady mayor.
This seems rather telling... Former city clerk Tyrus Byrd was sworn in as mayor of Parma, Missouri on Tuesday only to find out that police officers, as well as the city attorney and a water ...
|And another one: Cops kill black man in beating that broke his spine.
Black suspect dies after Baltimore cops break his spine in ‘brutal’ police beating Freddie Gray had to undergo a double surgery on three broken vertebrae and an injured voice box on Tuesday, ...
Recommended by Philpm
- The state of Missouri moved forward Tuesday with legislation aimed at making the use of lethal force by police officers less likely. http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2015/04/28/bill-to-limit-deadly-...16 comments 23 Recs
- I struggled to come up with a decent title for this one. This is about the planes that were overshadowed by their more glamorous counterparts. Everybody loves Mustangs, Spitfires and Hellcats. I ...232 comments 176 Recs
- Chanute, KS isn't one of the first names you'd think of as an area of the state with a progressive, populist attitude. Ensconced in small Neosho County, Kansas, Chanute is more famous for the ...63 comments 174 Recs
- You never know what you'll get at a meetup of Kossacks. How many will actually show in person, how many will be conflicted out, and how will the meeting go? In a day that had shifts of persons ...55 comments 92 Recs
- Rose McGrath, a 12-year-old Michigan girl has spent nearly 3 years fighting for her life. She's in recovery, but still dealing with the physical effects of leukemia treatments. Although she has ...106 comments 55 Recs
- Bobby Jindal, Republican Governor of Louisiana and delusional Presidential wannabee, doubles down on his hatred in an Op-Ed in today's New York Times,161 comments 153 Recs
- She might be behind the register at Popeye's in the near future. Popeye's CEO Cheryl Bachelder wasted no time addressing the controversy that erupted yesterday when news went viral that an ...226 comments 203 Recs
- In May 2011, Rev. Shawn Rattigan was arrested on charges of producing and attempting to produce child pornography after an IT worker discovered the images on his hard drive. In 2012, he was found ...101 comments 178 Recs
- Originally posted at Eclectablog . After the owner of Indiana pizzeria Memories publicly declared she wouldn't make her pies for same-sex weddings, she raked in well over $800,000 from a GoFundMe....61 comments 183 Recs
- Legislators in Kansas return to Topeka to begin the veto session, but the recent publication of tax revenues complicates significantly the work in the statehouse. http://www.kansascity.com/news/...121 comments 116 Recs
- No current results.