Posting History for Pierretrudeau
|A glimpse at the horror of private sector healthcare
I am currently overseas working on a project and my wife is with me. During the flight, she began to feel ill and by the time we got to our hotel, it was obvious that she was coming down with ...
|Ridding ourselves of Ted Cruz
This will be a short diary. I thought the linked article from the Toronto Globe and Mail would be interesting given recent coverage of Ted Cruz "looking forward" to renouncing his Canadian ...
|Egypt--Here's What I Know
I worked in Egypt for 4 years as a technical expert with the Egyptian Customs Authority. We worked in Alexandria (Customs HQ) but spent a lot of time in Cairo. My wife and I lived in an apartment ...
|The Case for Universal Healthcare
I generally do not write diaries partly because I view this site as a discussion forum for Americans and I am an interested observer. I comment from time to time and have often been impressed by ...
|Stompin Tom Connors a Canadian Music and Cultural Icon Dies at 77 Culture
Tom Connors, a Canadian music icon died yesterday at his home in Halton Hills, Ontario. He was noted for a purely Canadian style of music that sometimes only Canadian's can appreciate. "The Hockey ...
|Believe me this is not pretty/US Politics and the Economy
Many of my friends in Canada are politically involved and most of us follow US politics along with our own. In fact, our politics have been rather business like and dull lately and while that's ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Pierretrudeau
- How often have I heard or seen this phrase, "I want my country back," used over the years since I was born in 1956, in Raleigh, North Carolina? I can't give you a precise number, but I can tell ...333 comments 836 Recs
- [The original title of this diary was "Obama must be lurking on DailyKos", I've changed it since it was distracting from the message.] The Washington Post reports he said the following at the ...505 comments 416 Recs
- Rachel Maddow: "[W]e occasionally find people who have been mentioned in our coverage who are absolutely outraged that they have been mentioned in our coverage." On Thursday night’s edition of ...250 comments 668 Recs
- No, I'm not a patient. As you might guess from the screen name, I'm a nurse. 31+ years of it now, and still love it. Of course, I have one of the more fortunate jobs in nursing - cardiac ...96 comments 169 Recs
- Aside from actually catching occasional snippets, I've never watched Duck Dynasty, despite being from that state, and that part of the state, and that town (Monroe, La). Or maybe because of that - I ...246 comments 583 Recs
- 214 comments 692 Recs
- Above is video of Georgia state insurance commissioner Ralph Hudgens, who by title is ostensibly in charge of commissionering Georgian's insurance but who seems to have a less than perfect actual ...144 comments 121 Recs
- MSNBC’s Chuck Todd interviewed the president this week. In the interview, the president laid out the intent of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). He also explained that the idea was to be the ...226 comments 45 Recs
- .....like clear, clean rainwater into a dank, windowless basement. Yes, THAT Redstate.149 comments 219 Recs
- I woke up and read this in my inbox: So some republicans are arguing that we should go without raising the debt ceiling as an effort to force the government to prioritize its expenses finally... So ...114 comments 604 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.