Posting History for Pris from LA
|How to Solve the Farmers' Field Debacle
Currently, the hot football being thrown around in LA is about AEG's plans to build a stadium to lure the NFL. One problem: it will be built in ultra-dense Downtown LA if AEG gets its way. However, ...
|Pris from LA||04/04/2011||4||2||-||37|
OK, it really doesn't make much of a difference because this is only a freaking Associate of Arts degree, the biggie I received is still the Bachelors of Arts in Psychology from Woodbury University. ...
|Pris from LA||02/20/2011||7||10||-||76|
|In the absence of a Blogroll...
...this diary will be for storing awesome LA-related websites we all should know about. No, this wouldn't pass muster at the old Daily Kos. But hey, this is the NEW Daily Kos. And I'm Blog Admin ...
|Pris from LA||02/15/2011||17||-||-||66|
|I wanna live in Los ANGeles...
This is a short intro to this group. This is basically here to allow people living in the 2nd largest city in the US and probably THE most spread-out city of all in the US to communicate with each ...
|Pris from LA||02/13/2011||32||7||1||194|
|Taking it to the streets: OneCare Happy Hour tomorrow!
Yes, you've all heard the bad news...Anthem Blue Cross has been cleared for a double-digit increase in premiums. There is legislature waiting in the California State Senate and Assembly that could ...
|Pris from LA||08/26/2010||2||3||-||29|
|C'mon GET HAPPY! OneCare Happy Hour returns!
For the past few months, a group of netroots people have been meeting every last Friday of the month to confront the concentration of Health Insurance, or "Murder By Spreadsheet" companies, in the ...
|Pris from LA||01/28/2010||4||12||-||11|
|Regrets and a bit of my history
I shot my mouth off in Deoliver's diary to someone I shouldn't have. Sorry Angry Mouse, I was out of line. However, I want to say a few things about my history that might make it easier to ...
|Pris from LA||12/30/2009||51||37||-||49|
|Goodbye to the national HCR struggle, hello OneCare
I've been here for a long while. Under my previous pseudonym, "Snakes on a White House," I witnessed the first round of pie fights. Now we are dealing with a new, far more savage round of pie fights.
|Pris from LA||12/23/2009||55||38||-||87|
|I Don't: A personal manifesto
I am taking a personal stand for 10% of Americans shut out of the institution of marriage. I have been thinking about this for a while, and it all came together for me last Saturday, when I saw my ...
|Pris from LA||11/30/2009||25||18||-||126|
|Turkey day's coming, so we're on the move: Single Payer Happy Hour
Hi all...today at 5pm, not next Friday, is the next Single Payer Happy Hour event at Warner Center Park in Woodland Hills, CA, in the Greater Los Angeles area. Next Friday is Buy Nothing Day and the ...
|Pris from LA||11/20/2009||3||7||-||187|
|Get government out of the marriage business and protect equal rights for all!
Again, hate trumps reason, and bigotry trumps fairness. Maine should be ashamed of itself. Again, so-called "traditionalists" who in an earlier era railed against "race mixing" and advocated the ...
|Pris from LA||11/04/2009||50||4||-||147|
|Today! It's Single Payer Happy Hour again!!!
Sick of the "Health" Insurance industry VAMPIRES? Well let's get together, have fun, and put a stake in 'em! We've been doing this since May and have been having a lot of fun with it as well as (...
|Pris from LA||10/30/2009||8||11||1||62|
|The Business Case for Health Care Reform (essay for class)
This piece is something for a class I'm in at Los Angeles Valley College. It's probably a bit too meaty to go in as an op-ed In Real Life(tm), but this is something I really feel passionate about ...
|Pris from LA||10/16/2009||5||3||-||46|
|More action on the protest front here in LA...
As always, we'll be back in the Belly of the Beast, in Warner Center, on Friday September 25th at 5pm, with yet another Single Payer Happy Hour. However, there's another opportunity to Stick It To ...
|Pris from LA||09/16/2009||6||8||-||40|
|Vigil today in Warner Center in memoriam Sen. Teddy Kennedy
It's going to be hot, there is tons of smoke in the air, but we need to still be out there at Warner Center Park in Woodland Hills, CA, this time to vigil in honor of Senator Ted Kennedy. If you can ...
|Pris from LA||08/28/2009||4||1||-||4|
|The protest will happen, but it won't be Happy Hour
I am absolutely crushed. We expected Senator Ted Kennedy to hang on to cast the decisive vote for Health Care Reform. Alas, he is gone. The Lion sleeps tonight. We can't do the monthly event the ...
|Pris from LA||08/25/2009||14||12||-||5|
|Angelenos! Join us @ 5 today to stand for Health CARE Reform
This is the last day Congress will be in session until the last week in August. The Senators and Congresscritters are getting their Vacay. They weaseled their way out of doing anything about the ...
|Pris from LA||07/31/2009||5||2||-||23|
|Single Payer Happy Hour, Part I: Wrap-up
Well, we didn't get a heck of a lot of people to our little event. We had a rather "tough crowd" whizzing past us on Topanga Canyon Boulevard, who were somewhat stingy with approving honks. We got ...
|Pris from LA||06/27/2009||10||13||-||19|
|Waiting for Gustavo...
I have been a fixture in a lot of health care diaries. It's one of my pet causes, it's just about an obsession for me since I don't have health insurance. As we wait for Gustavo to make its move ...
|Pris from LA||08/26/2008||37||7||1||165|
|SF anti-AHIP rally wrap up: "We're always kicking their butts..."
As promised, here's my diary about the June 19th rally against AHIP, the people supposedly "insuring people's health" but in reality they are parasites sucking the lifeblood out of our economy and ...
|Pris from LA||06/21/2008||16||15||-||18|
|Too much student loan debt? No job for you!
Usually people go to school to make themselves more marketable in the workforce. But now the crippling load of student loan debt may make it harder for recent grads to get employed. More below the ...
|Pris from LA||04/02/2008||81||46||2||16|
|Nick Colombo, Cancer and the Uninsured
(Forgive me if this was diaried already but I searched for one, really I did!) Nick Colombo won another ...
|Pris from LA||03/26/2008||9||8||-||10|
|Would all of you just chill out???
I have seen some pretty ugly diaries in my time here at DailyKos. I remember the piefighting crap, I remember the circular firing squads. However, right now the ugliness has gotten so bad that I'm ...
|Pris from LA||01/13/2008||114||25||-||2|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Pris from LA
- I've been knocked down far too many times to count, but I always get right back up and continue fighting for what I believe in as a progressive Democrat. This debt ceiling deal ...179 comments 168 Recs
- A few weeks ago, I posted a diary about the dire need for ...106 comments 223 Recs
- Posted below, with kind permission of the author, is the transcript (see note below) of James K. Galbraith’s talk on financial ...24 comments 65 Recs
- The unemployed remain unemployed because the system is really set up against them. I am starting to understand this more and more as my unemployment period continues. Yesterday I was at a hiring ...157 comments 243 Recs
- I went to the emergency room. I saw sick people there, much worse than I. I immediately felt pity for the people I saw, my own shame that I felt for having to be in this position became pity for ...56 comments 89 Recs
- I have no idea who thought it was smart to let Laura Ingraham be the guest host on The O'Reilly Factor last night, but I think Fox News might want to rethink that. I've seen huge gaffes before, but ...230 comments 276 Recs
- I know the political world is focused on the crisis over raising the debt limit, which is why this diary may scroll into oblivion. In a sense, I am in a different world. The debt limit ...9 comments 26 Recs
- We heard a variety of things about Obama and Warren and the ...358 comments 618 Recs
- It is time to stop giving Herman Cain’s unapologetic bigotry a free pass. The man and his poison need to be seen clearly and taken seriously. That is how he starts a ...140 comments 270 Recs
- This from Naomi klein's excellent book "Shock Doctrine: the rise of disaster capitalism". h/t to Dave Johnson at Campaign for America's Future , for the text from Klein's book (so I didn't have ...11 comments 14 Recs
Pris from LA's Tags
- No current results.
Pris from LA's Blogroll
- No current results.