Posting History for Progressive Witness
|Progressive Who? My Two Cents On Disparate Impacts and Boycotts
Yeah, so I'm not one of your big, well-known Daily Kos diarists or anything. In Firefly speak, "I'm known by some." So I'm just one more voice, not the loudest, not the quietest, adding to the one-...
|Right Blogistan's Solution to Oslo: More Guns, Everywhere
I suppose when all you have is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail. And before the ever-increasing death toll from the horror unfolding in Oslo and on Utoya had worked its way up out of ...
|Tonight at NNSL: Mountain Top Removal, A Documentary by Michael O’Connell
Tonight at 4:00 pm PDT at Netroots Arena in the 3D virtual world of Second Life, Netroots Nation in Second Life is proud to ...
|"First They Ignore You": A Second Life Netroots Nation Panel on Iran
It began two months ago, ...
|A Soldier's Peace, A (Rescheduled) Documentary Premiere in Second Life
Netroots Nation in Second Life and Virtually Speaking had originally scheduled the "in-...
|A Soldier's Peace, A Documentary Premiere in Second Life
To date 4,311 men and women of the U.S. Armed Forces have perished in a 6-year war on foreign soil in Iraq.
|Remembering Hunter Thompson On This Nervous Night
Strange memories on this nervous night in South Dakota. (And a nervous night it still is, here. We're still hoping to gain a majority in the State Senate for the first time in decades.) Four ...
|SD-Pres: If SD Starts To Look Close, Watch for Shannon County
With our mighty three (3), count 'em three (3) Electoral votes, we South Dakotans have grown accustomed to the constant hue and cry of pundits and voters alike this political season, "what, oh ...
|Big Dawg Gave Us Our To-Do List--What Are You Wating For?
Now, I'll be the first to admit that, having been fairly well Obamacized since 2004, I was one of those who had...one...or two..._heated_ things to say regarding the Clinton primary campaign in the ...
|Come As You Aren't: Netroots Nation in Second Life
Well, the erstwhile binary elves of Netroots Nation in Second Life have kicked it into overdrive to make sure that Netroots Island, home of most of the venues for the in-world component of Netroots ...
|Top Comments: Loneman School Book Drive
A nonpartisan (and, at least theoretically, apolitical) event, by request. My essay in ...
|Top Comments: Little Katrinas
We're so accustomed to brief frenzies of wall-to-wall national media coverage of all of the little Katrinas that happen around us from year to year--tornadoes, flash floods, bridge collapses, all ...
|Top Comments: My Life In the UCC
As recently as yesterday, I was still casting around for the right topic to write about tonight for TC. I had already explored my most recent online obsession,
|Top Comments: Second Life Ramblings Edition
How strange that my first diary here turns out to be a Top Comments diary, given the amount of writing I've been doing here in recent weeks. But I was fortunate enough to strike up conversations ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Progressive Witness
- We are in the second day of the fundraiser for my site ChaunceyDeVega.com. I would like to thank the folks who have donated so far. Their generosity is much appreciated. If you can, are able, and ...23 comments 40 Recs
- In which Bernie Sanders also answers the question about egads "socialism." This is five minutes worth watching--as millions did.211 comments 331 Recs
- We all thought we knew some of the things the first black POTUS and FLOTUS would have to deal with in the very white White House. Most of us cannot wait to read the books that will be written by ...98 comments 245 Recs
- This is an excellent video by Marina Watanabe. As an American Indian of mixed blood (my Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood says I'm 3/8s, but my reality is a bit more complex than that), I ...293 comments 322 Recs
- This is going to be kind of a quick one. I've been on Facebook for many years. I have the account I use - Moody Loner - and an account in my "real name" that my brothers insisted I get as an ...22 comments 23 Recs
- That must've been some leadership event. Despite SAE leadership protesting and saying they'd never heard the racist song before video appeared of University of Oklahoma SAE ...147 comments 160 Recs
- The Ark of Return Commentary by Black Kos Editor JoanMar Something momentous happened at the United Nations headquarters in New York yesterday; something huge and I have seen nothing about it in ...90 comments 54 Recs
- The. Shit. Has. Hit. The. Fan. Battered and bruised, publicly scorned and humiliated, the GOP clown caucus is cutting and running, now claiming their treasonous letter to Iran was just a joke (No,320 comments 551 Recs
- It can be telling being a black man living in a very white environment. Inasmuch as you share all the physical characteristics of those many in your community fear, you are known. They know you. ...100 comments 135 Recs
- Justice Department decides that Zimmerman did not violate Trayvon's civil rights Commentary by Black Kos Editor JoanMar "The Justice Department had a very high hurdle to clear," says the legal ...68 comments 60 Recs
Progressive Witness's Tags
- No current results.
Progressive Witness's Blogroll
- No current results.