Posting History for Quite Contrary
|FCC needs to stop 'cramming' on cellphones
Saw this in my L.A. Times this morning. http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-lazarus-20130329,0,5601605,full.column The agency took steps against third-party charges on landline bills, but ...
|Take the guns from the Bad Guys?
Excellent column by George Skelton in the Los Angeles Times this morning. A no-brainer to everyone — except the gun lobby Using surplus money to confiscate weapons from 20,000 people who cannot ...
|More Republican Family Values
In Arizona: PHOENIX - Tom Horne caused more than $1,000 worth of damage when he clipped another car in a parking garage and just drove off, in order, according to FBI agents, to conceal an affair ...
|Romney calls Beck 'statesman, leader of the cause and friend'
A tweet from Keith Olbermann lead me here. Mitt Romney may be worse than we thought. It’s common knowledge he flip-flops, panders shamelessly, will use a dead Navy SEAL for political gain, hides ...
|LA shooter Posse Comitatus member?
This will be short. I'm at work and just found this when I checked NOLA.com to see if they had updates on the shooters in the St. John's Parish police ambush.
|More news from the Nugent front
From Anchorage Daily News Ted Nugent admits illegal bear kill in federal plea deal By CASEY GROVE Anchorage Daily News Published: April 20th, 2012 01:57 PM Last Modified: April 20th, 2012 01:57 ...
|Another Oil Spill in Alaska
Perhaps the MSM would have picked this up if it weren't for the Mother of All Oil Spills in the Gulf. http://www.adn.com/2010/05/26/1295235/responders-move-slowly-on-alaska....
|Texas Bof E Deals Blow to Troglodytes
For the time being at least, the Texas Board of Education has refused to bow to the demands of the Creationists to insinuate their beliefs into the textbooks used in the state's science curriculum.
|Another one of "Those" emails
Got this email this morning at my work email address from someone I don't know. From his last name, I suspect he's related to someone who works here, but whom I don't really know.
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Quite Contrary
- First of all, thank you to all who supported me with advice in the diary. Not every bit was germane to my situation, but the support was very comforting. Quick back-story: Kidlet noticed a feral ...138 comments 146 Recs
- This past week, the Republican Party asked Americans to join in the celebration marking the opening of the George W. Bush Presidential Library. In addition to offering "Thanks W" stickers (...64 comments 169 Recs
- 29 comments 8 Recs
- It's tragic enough that maybe three dozen were killed because of the gross negligence of the owners of West Fertilizer Co in West, Texas. But compounding the carnage, it seems as if half the town ...409 comments 411 Recs
- By now most of you have probably heard that there was another rampage on a college campus in Texas today. Twelve people were rushed to area hospitals after an attack on the campus of Lone Star ...191 comments 177 Recs
- I grew up in a lower middle class Republican family. We had Protestant relatives, lapsed Catholic relatives, rich relatives, even (shame of shame) a divorced relative, but never a Democrat that I ...130 comments 376 Recs
- This will be a quickie AND a post-and-run because it's 4:57 AM and SuperShuttle is arriving at 5:35 AM because I'm flying up to the Bay Area this morning, but I had to share this article from the ...159 comments 213 Recs
- Gary Bauer, while running for president in 2000. A few weeks ago I put ...189 comments 269 Recs
- If Spring is here, can Easter be far behind? Or is it the other way around? Either way, the two are as entwined as roses and Valentine’s Day, as Halloween and pumpkins, as Winter and Christmas. ...236 comments 326 Recs
- An 'alleged' rape. Is that something just short of a 'legitimate' rape, Mr. Mayo? Referring to Steubenville's rape victim, 'Jane Doe', ...42 comments 119 Recs
Quite Contrary's Tags
- No current results.
Quite Contrary's Blogroll
- No current results.