Below you'll find recent contributions related to Quite Contrary's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|A MUST-READ from Mark Bittman
titled No Justice, No ... Anything . As expect, he starts by writing about food, about talking about food. But as he makes clear, even as he returns to food again and again, the real issues are ...
|2 or more generations of politicians in a family
is certainly a tradition we can well trace back to the Adams family, with the 2nd and 6th Presidents, to the Harrisons, with two presidents separated by a generation, and of course to the Bushes ...
Recommended by Quite Contrary
- First of all, thank you to all who supported me with advice in the diary. Not every bit was germane to my situation, but the support was very comforting. Quick back-story: Kidlet noticed a feral ...138 comments 146 Recs
- This past week, the Republican Party asked Americans to join in the celebration marking the opening of the George W. Bush Presidential Library. In addition to offering "Thanks W" stickers (...64 comments 169 Recs
- 29 comments 8 Recs
- It's tragic enough that maybe three dozen were killed because of the gross negligence of the owners of West Fertilizer Co in West, Texas. But compounding the carnage, it seems as if half the town ...409 comments 411 Recs
- By now most of you have probably heard that there was another rampage on a college campus in Texas today. Twelve people were rushed to area hospitals after an attack on the campus of Lone Star ...191 comments 177 Recs
- I grew up in a lower middle class Republican family. We had Protestant relatives, lapsed Catholic relatives, rich relatives, even (shame of shame) a divorced relative, but never a Democrat that I ...130 comments 376 Recs
- This will be a quickie AND a post-and-run because it's 4:57 AM and SuperShuttle is arriving at 5:35 AM because I'm flying up to the Bay Area this morning, but I had to share this article from the ...159 comments 213 Recs
- Gary Bauer, while running for president in 2000. A few weeks ago I put ...189 comments 269 Recs
- If Spring is here, can Easter be far behind? Or is it the other way around? Either way, the two are as entwined as roses and Valentine’s Day, as Halloween and pumpkins, as Winter and Christmas. ...236 comments 326 Recs
- An 'alleged' rape. Is that something just short of a 'legitimate' rape, Mr. Mayo? Referring to Steubenville's rape victim, 'Jane Doe', ...42 comments 119 Recs
Quite Contrary's Tags
- No current results.
Quite Contrary's Blogroll
- No current results.