Posting History for RASalvatore
|Can we have an honest discussion about ACA?
This diary - more of a question - was inspired by this comment: "The individual insurance market is still quite tiny. And in any given state, the number of people receiving subsidies is quite ...
|Sir Robin for Senate Minority Leader
Here's a short diary - probably doesn't even qualify as a diary. I don't care, I'm writing it anyway. Right after reading the liveblog covering President Obama's press conference today, where ...
|The (Al) Gorification of Neil deGrasse Tyson
I've seen this play before. It doesn't end well. The people over at The Federalist are on a mission from Go...err, Koch. They are out to destroy Neil deGrasse Tyson. Why? Well, The Federalist is ...
|Screaming at Chris Hayes! (Updated with Link)
I haven't watched MSNBC in a while...or any political TV, for that matter. I just got to the point where so many things had become so obvious - we're talking a mountain of evidence here and not a ...
|Can we have an honest discussion
about insurance premiums, pre and post-ACA? I'm very interested in this and am trying to learn more about it. My pre-ACA premiums for a silver plan equivalent here in Massachusetts for myself and ...
I never see this discussed on the news, the pundit shows, or anywhere else. Want to know the dirty little secret about why the wealthy hate Obamacare? 3.8% We hear the right-wing screaming all ...
|Nefarious letters about PPACA
Okay, I keep seeing people posting on Facebook and message boards and comments' sections of news stories, claiming that that they got a letter from their insurance company saying they're getting ...
|My Hair Won't Ignite...
To be perfectly honest, for the most part, I feel a general blase about the NSA "revelations." I know that as a good liberal, I'm supposed to be up in arms about this intrusive Big Brother super-...
I put this up on my Facebook page, so I thought I'd share it here. I know this area of Boston quite well - I'm there 50 times a year. You can't help but feel like you're a part of something bigger ...
|The Great Shrinking GOP
We've seen all the stories about how the GOP must change, or what they must or must not say, and all the rest, but the truth is, the Republican Party has a bigger problem on its hands than a damaged ...
|My closing argument
(for what it's worth) I believe that I've swung at least a dozen people this election cycle, at least from what they've told me. More importantly, there are at least two people who seem to have ...
|Nate at 538...WHOA!
Just clicking through and saw Nate putting Obama at 80.8 now with 303.2 EV's. Florida is down to 55.2 for Romney (bet it goes lower as some of the stronger, older polls drop off) and Virginia is up ...
|Please Read - Warren v. Brown
Here comes the kitchen sink. Republicans are freaking out. They know they've lost the White House again, so all that money will come pouring down on close Senate/House races... Elizabeth Warren is ...
|Medical Loss Rebate (MLR)
Okay, I am not kidding here - I just got a letter from the Chamber of Commerce (my local one, not the one that's always in the news), from whom I purchase my Tufts health insurance, as a small ...
|A quick note about Romneycare/ACA
Many of you have heard about the fall of 38 Studios, a company with which I was quite involved for the last few years, working as a consultant (COW - Creator of Worlds...Moo). Well, with the sudden ...
Anyone who doubts that President Obama has a solid lead, should simply watch This Week this morning. The media desperately wants a close election, don't you think? Well, if you had any doubts ...
|PPACA: A Game Company Could Fix This
I've got some doc friends who really hate the electronic file provisions in PPACA, and their complaints range from a simple aversion to something so new, to the prohibitive costs of this software, ...
|"Obamacare" goes boom!
Yes, I can call it that now. President Obama embraced the name today - good for him. (Edit: after writing this, I realized that the most excellent "citizen K" had already done a diary of it, kind of,
|For the Joe Walshes of the world
Don't they just make your blood boil? If you saw the rec'd diary about Walsh's tantrum, you know what I mean. Anyway, come with me over the fold to gather some succinct and to-the-point rebuttals ...
|President Obama saving Medicare
Yeah, I thought I'd inject a little quiet and unspoken (amazingly so!) reality into our current "debates." There are important stories and FACTS slipping past the conventional wisdom, or at least, ...
This is a trial balloon...we're near a deal. Well, the deal is awful for anyone who believes in progressive politics. Those who know me here know that I am a staunch defender of the President. I ...
|So I made a little statement on my Facebook Page
"I stand with the protesters in Wisconsin." http://www.facebook.com/pages/RA-Salvatore/54142479810 And started a firestorm...
|You're falling for it again
The list is full of "So-and-so NAILS it!" or "So-and-so DESTROYS Obama!" and on and on. You're falling for it again. It's a meaningless dance. "Pelosi says No DEAL!" Wanna bet? President Obama ...
|Is Cenk Uygur Stupid?
Got up this morning and asked myself, "So, really, is it worth the time to continue the meta pie fights?" It's actually an important fight, maybe the most important one of all when we're trying to ...
|A Message to Cenk Uygur
I don't believe you. I've watched you for years and I've never believed you. You want the same 5 million+/year deals you see the other purveyors of outrage making. You're a one-note pony. You ...
|I'm Clapping Louder - here's why...(Updated)
Demoralized? Don't want to hear about it. Sure, the economy sucks and things are tough...the numbers are bleak...the Empire Star Destroyer is coming into range... When all else fails, send in the ...
|BREAKING: Eliot Engel to vote YES (Updated)
On MSNBC just a minute ago, Rep. Eliot Engel of NY announced he would vote yes on HCR. Not much to say here...but his reasons for hesitating were valid and were pointed out to me in a comment ...
|My Brithday Hangover
So last year, for my 50th birthday, my best present was watching Barack Obama become President of the United States. Heady times. Now, 51, not so much... I watched this election first-hand with a ...
|Coakley...something you should know
So I got to see Bill Clinton last night at WPI in Worcester. He was exhausted (Haiti work) but it took me about 5 minutes in the room with him to understand how he became President. he was ...
|Do-Nothing Dems Strike Again
"They're all the same!" "They've sold us out again!" No they're not. No they haven't.
|Going Sullivan – from the other direction
For years, Andrew Sullivan has been my favorite blogger. I’ve always thought him intelligent, even when...umm, wrong, but even in his earliest days (I just saw a Book TV interview with him as ...
|NOT BREAKING: Chomsky holding anti-Bush rallies at West Point!
Seriously...actually happened...well, he didn't hold an anti-Bush rally, per se, but he was invited there to speak, and he did go on and on about the concept of "just war," which would seem a pretty ...
|Another Tweetie Epic Fail
Short...typing on the fly... Watching Hardball right now. Matthews has a couple of teapartiers on. The first guy just rambled about their size, using absurd numbers, including "that's why 2,000,...
|I just did it
I've been supporting Barack Obama for a long time - didn't start out with him, but he won me over with his calm, cool and class. I expect him to be one of the greatest Presidents of my lifetime. I ...
|Franklin Roosevelt owes me an apology
So does John Kennedy (many, in fact). So does Martin Luther King. So does Bill Clinton. So does Richard Nixon. So does George H.W. Bush.
|I support Obama, the man, not the messiah
This is my first diary here at DailyKos....well, let me clarify that: I did a couple of diaries anonymously some time ago, but this is my first as, well, me. I'm a writer of fantasy sword and ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by RASalvatore
- A 98 year old Japanese war pilot is fighting for peace. He has serious concerns about Japan's move to modify its pacifist constitution 70 years after the end of World War II. “I fought the war ...35 comments 60 Recs
- First, let me say very clearly from the beginning that I am biased in this case because I know Brian Williams a tiny bit and he has always been fundamentally decent to me.183 comments 371 Recs
- I had to drive 200 miles yesterday in the downpour. Sheets of rain, high spray, the Skagit high against the banks, Lake Samish looking...large...even from the road. Listening to the NPR. Voice ...230 comments 456 Recs
- May I just say that OUR President has really, really fucking shined after the absolute electoral drubbing we received a few weeks ago? I mean, seriously, his message has been pitch perfect, he hasn'...350 comments 316 Recs
- The Party that supposedly hates big government trounced the party that seems to actually like governing. So now we have the party that purports to hate big government promising to govern and to do ...149 comments 164 Recs
- Remember this face over the next 2 years Hey GOP. Newsflash: You won. We lost. Your time legislating for dough- voting for show has come to an end. You are no longer able to be the party of "NO". ...12 comments 2 Recs
- A whopping 65 percent of voters believe the country is headed in the wrong direction – the highest percentage the poll has ever measured before a midterm election. http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/106 comments 39 Recs
- Generally, I'm an advocate of persuasion as a campaign tool. October, however is the time for getting out the vote, and September is the time for planning and preparing for that. In an off-year ...27 comments 37 Recs
- We have an election coming up in three fucking months. Three. And yet again, there's a fact-free diary on the reclist going after Hillary Clinton. Clinton Derrangement Syndrome seems to be an ...101 comments 26 Recs
- It has always been frequently accepted in a political forum that disrespectful statements directed at the the 44th President of the United States are par for the course and part of the terrain of ...688 comments 239 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.