Posting History for RAW
|a year ago i almost died
Life is full of unexpected twists and turns. Around Thanksgiving a year ago, I had some dental work done. Ten days later I began having severe headaches. On December 8th I nearly blacked out at the ...
|CNN's Shaky Reporting on ACA Limitations
CNN has a story up now with the title For many, Obama's promise of health care choice does not ring true In West Virginia and New Hampshire, for example, residents shopping on the exchanges can ...
|V-ger has left the building!
The human race is officially an interstellar-space-faring species! Link to CNN version of the story.
|white on white crime
On July 31st another case of white on white crime unfolded, this time involving a white man trying to invade the home of Kid Rock, aka Robert Ritchie. Police have arrested the suspect. Mr. Ritchie, ...
|more skewed polls
Larry Pratt of Gun Owners of America thinks he knows why polls show so many Americans are in favor of universal background checks. Why it's skewed polls, of course. "I'm not sure I believe any ...
|Mass Sea Turtle Rescue
On Saturday I memorized the location of the east-most stake that surrounded a Loggerhead nest site in case Isaac eroded the beach. The site was special for me because it's only a few hundred yards ...
|when a friend or loved one is diagnosed with lung cancer
This cross posted at Nursing Words Please file this away under what-to-do-when-a-friend-or-loved-one-is-diagnosed-with-lung-cancer . If anyone you know has lung cancer or is diagnosed with it in ...
|echoes of war
Hunter is one of my favorite diarists, mainly because of his tendency to make a point with storytelling. I've been gently and politely chided for posting diaries of a storytelling nature, even ...
|river of life
The last time I saw Frank alive was election night six years ago. Out of concern for the privacy of his children I'm not using his real name or the names of his family members. Frank and I had ...
Yesterday was my Dad's birthday. He died 22 years ago from the inexorable progression of congestive heart failure. Times are hard for me now and I suffer that oddly common yet futile desire to ...
|push polling by the Family Research Council in PA
I moved to Florida about 6 months ago but I got a call from the FRC on my cell phone which still has a Pittsburgh area code. The first question asked if I supported President Obama's HCR. I ...
Friends. I lost my job on Wednesday. My life is like too many others' in this regard. But I suspect there is a difference and I want to share it with you. Please read on - there's a larger point ...
|the brave women and girls of Afghanistan
What does it feel like to be away from home for years and upon returning to your neighborhood finding total destruction? Not a building standing. Not even a tree. Imagine looking for your childhood ...
|Judge not, lest ye be judged...||RAW||04/11/2006||6||6||-||3|
|if people were smashing the heads of Christians...||RAW||04/10/2006||43||11||1||4|
|DeLay still in trouble - serious charges remain||RAW||12/05/2005||3||3||-||11|
|theo-con cannon fodder revolt||RAW||11/18/2005||2||2||-||2|
|President Cheney's Torture Agenda||RAW||11/07/2005||-||1||-||4|
|24 days and counting...||RAW||10/27/2005||1||-||-||2|
|3 questions for Senator Santorum||RAW||10/21/2005||4||2||-||2|
|letter to santorum asking for help on secret taser policy||RAW||10/18/2005||6||4||-||7|
|Santorum and secret taser use policies||RAW||10/17/2005||5||4||-||4|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by RAW
- Freddie Gray being loaded into a van by Baltimore Police On April 12th, six Baltimore police officers assaulted Freddie Gray and took him on something I'll admit I've never heard of ...242 comments 337 Recs
- Dontrell Stephens being shot in the back This is a national epidemic . In cities and states all ...255 comments 342 Recs
- For most of his life, Jimmy Carter has been an advocate for human rights. In 1982, one year after leaving the Oval Office, the former US President and his wife Rosalynn Carter, founded ...582 comments 767 Recs
- Even the FSM used Kickstarter.com. "HCN is abundant in comets, which rained down steadily for nearly the first several hundred million years of Earth’s history. The impacts would also have ...214 comments 198 Recs
- This diary is a bit of a rant. I'm steamed about it. Back in the day, I smoked a little pot. My friends and I would sit in the den, watch bad horror movies, eat tons of potato chips, and pass a ...103 comments 106 Recs
- Chuck Todd interviewed Chairman of the House Budget Committee and 2012 vice presidential candidate Rep. Paul Ryan on Meet the Press . He played some comments made by Paul Ryan right after losing ...104 comments 117 Recs
- [ for more details, see my Huffington Post story Anti-Gay, Anti-Mormon Hate Group Sponsors Reince Priebus' RNC Israel Trip ] Today, Saturday January 31, 2015, the Republican Party officially ...233 comments 347 Recs
- Mother Jones went through the previously published works of Dr. Ben Carson, presidential candidate. Why someone would do such a thing voluntarily is a question best left to historians,251 comments 153 Recs
- as you can tell by the opening paragraph of his column in today's New York Times : Saturday evening, I got a call that no parent wants to get. It was my son calling from college — he’s a third-...80 comments 292 Recs
- Earlier this year, Bill O’Reilly had Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders on his program to discuss some of the policies Sanders would have as president. In his usual antagonizing fashion, O’Reilly ...72 comments 160 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.