Below you'll find recent contributions related to RF's followed authors, tags, and groups.
|Open thread for night owls. OECD: Growing global inequality gap 'has reached a tipping point'
Nadia Prupis at Common Dreams, writes Growing Global Inequality Gap 'Has Reached a Tipping Point' : With the gap between the rich and poor growing worldwide, ...
|When is a campaign not a campaign? When it's Jeb Bush's!||Joan McCarter||05/22/2015||26|
|Obamacare got 12 million insured, now Congress has to fix the system for all the underinsured
Healthcare reform is not done. Not by a long shot. While Obamacare has gone a very long way ...
|Midday open thread: Huckabee backs Ten Commandments BS; DNI keeps bin Laden porn to itself
Today's comic by Mark Fiore is Jeb Bush and Brotherly Love :
|Politico takes a whack at Warren in a lengthy, trade-related hit piece
Politico's nothingburger story on Warren's ...
|Yup, Clinton can tell the Beltway media to go to hell
Heavens! Is that Hillary with some "everyday Americans"? BLASPHEMY! The same day I lauded ...
|Scott Walker Fired as Chair of His Own Job Creation Agency
The Joint Finance Committee of the Republican-controlled Wisconsin Legislature has agreed to a set of changes to the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC), including a provision to fire ...
|Giles Goat Boy||05/22/2015||8|
|Export-Import Bank issue promises more Republican strife
Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-TX) Sen.
|States explore teaming up on Obamacare exchanges
Running health insurance exchanges, states have found, is a complicated and expensive proposition. For a handful of states, that meant opting to use the federal Obamacare exchange, which is now ...
|Obama administration throws Rick Scott a temporary Medicaid bone
The Obama administration has offered Florida Gov. Rick Scott a partial compromise in Scott'
|High Impact Posts: May 21, 2015||jotter||05/22/2015||4|
|The Republican replacement plan for Obamacare in one graphic
That's Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT) on the Senate floor Thursday, summing up the Republican plan for the millions of Americans who could lose health insurance with the Supreme Court's King v. Burwell ...
|Open thread for night owls. Democracy Now interviews Matt Taibbi on confessed bank crooks
Matt Taibbi Amy Goodman interviewed Rolling Stone journalist Matt Taibbi on the news that the five banks—Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase, Barclays, Royal Bank of ...
|Bernie Sanders will make his presidential run official Tuesday
Bernie poses for a selfie with a supporter in Manchester, NH, May 2. Sen. Bernie Sanders will make his presidential primary campaign official Tuesday, May 26, with a public kick-off on the shores ...
|What does defense spending have to do with endangered species? Everything, for Republicans
Rep. Jackie Speier (D-CA) was not impressed. The House passed the National Defense Authorization Act this week, and while much of the ...
|Jeb Bush is partly right. Somebody is definitely 'intellectually arrogant' about climate change
That arrogance does not, however, come from the scientists behind the 97 percent of peer-reviewed papers that say civilization's emissions of greenhouse gases are driving climate change. Nor from ...
|Midday open thread: Foxagandists say Obama wrong to call climate change nat'l security threat
Today's comic by Ruben Bolling is On Iraq: W.W.J.H.D.? (What Would Jeb Have Done?) :
|Trade Promotion Authority vote secured on Export-Import Bank promise
Thursday morning, the ...
|NSA fight in Senate bleeds into weekend
The administration has sent dire warnings about NSA having to shut down ...
|Jeb Bush touts failed Florida Medicaid experiment
Jeb Bush apparently thinks the "compassionate conservative" idea that his brother so cynically ran on will work for him, too. He's using his Medicaid experience in Florida as evidence that he ...
|Surprise! Company whose pipeline burst in Santa Barbara has extensive record of safety violations
A section of Refugio State Beach tainted by oil from burst pipe. Since 2006, the U.S. Pipeline and ...
|Senate advances Trade Promotion Authority bill
The Senate voted 62-38 Thursday morning to advance the ...
|If Hillary wants to avoid the beltway political media, well then, that's very smart
Hillary Clinton, at a small-business roundtable in Iowa, loses nothing by bypassing the traditional ...
|High Impact Posts: May 20, 2015||jotter||05/21/2015||8|
|Study: BP oil blowout at fault for Gulf of Mexico dolphin deaths. The petroleum giant says nah
Dead dolphin stranded on the Port Fourchon Louisiana coastline in July 2012 following the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
|Spotlight on green news & views: Fracking wastewater used on crops; Shell plans for change of 4°+
Check out the saga of the green heron hunting for lunch Many environmentally related posts appearing at Daily Kos each week don't attract the attention ...
|House does something productive, but McConnell's Senate is there to potentially mess it up
The House did something productive this week. Well, semi-productive. ...
|Climate takes up half Obama's commencement address to Coast Guard cadets, with some Arctic irony
Climate change dominated President Obama's commencement address to the Coast Guard graduating class Wednesday. President ...
|12 million private Obamacare plan sign-ups. What are you going to do with that, Republicans?
Charles Gaba calls it : 12 million people have signed up for health insurance through the Obamacare exchanges. Over 9 million, according ...
|Midday open thread: Tech companies oppose TPP; bin Laden's bookshelf; Obama tweets, racism ensues
Today's comic by Matt Bors is Biker Lives Matter :
|High Impact Posts: May 19, 2015||jotter||05/20/2015||4|
|High Impact Posts: May 18, 2015||jotter||05/19/2015||11|
|High Impact Posts: May 17, 2015||jotter||05/18/2015||4|
|High Impact Posts: May 2-8, 2015||jotter||05/17/2015||6|
|High Impact Posts May 9-15, 2015||jotter||05/17/2015||6|
|High Impact Posts: May 16, 2016||jotter||05/17/2015||6|
|Republican Austerity Kills. Literally
When I heard about the Amtrak train wreck outside of Philadelphia on Tuesday night my heart stopped for a few seconds. My son lives in Washington D.C. His girlfriend's family lives in NYC. I have ...
|High Impact Posts: May 15, 2015||jotter||05/16/2015||7|
|Hillary & Establishment Groupthink Are Consistently WRONG
Mainstream thinking, not just Republican thinking, is consistently wrong. Justification and support for the Iraq War? WRONG. Catastrophically wrong. Multi-generational even. Centennial even. An ...
|Words In Action||05/15/2015||146|
|High Impact Posts: May 14, 2015||jotter||05/15/2015||10|
|High Impact Posts: May 13, 2015||jotter||05/14/2015||4|
|The Dramatic Return of High Impact Posts: May 12, 2015
Well, I wish it was dramatic. I actually feel like I'm slinking quietly back into town after leaving ericlewis0 with an impossible task. Still many thanks to him, and for the coders who attempted ...
Recommended by RF
- UPDATE - I've decided the pull the plug on this. Please do not send me anything. 2 Sundays ago, I proposed a project intended to present Hillary Clinton's record on the issues of the day ...360 comments 44 Recs
- You may not have noticed, but for the last couple of days I've been a man on a mission. I softened you up with a [http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/03/21/1372367/-This-Thing-Is-SOOO-Cute cute ...47 comments 177 Recs
- It’s tax season once again and I’d like to address a question that I rarely see addressed: Who do tax cuts benefit? To start, let’s make a list of the major tax categories: Sales taxes ...42 comments 59 Recs
- Although Scott "Desperado" Walker, his billionaire backers, and media tools would like you to believe otherwise, it is they who are grasping for straws in their efforts to kill the investigation. ...50 comments 97 Recs
- I share many of the sentiments of this diary . I do not know that we can definitely say that constantly highlighting horrible Republican behavior is actually in any way productive. You could make ...268 comments 328 Recs
- The densely populated megalopolis of South Florida is losing it's water wells as sea water intrudes into the Biscayne Aquifer. Salt water has already moved 6 miles inland in Broward County and is ...172 comments 337 Recs
- Ok, I realize that this has been covered in a few diaries and I haven't posted a diary in a while. This is something I've been thinking about for a long time about this website and how we operate. ...67 comments 28 Recs
- I know I am. I think there's enough proof already. They are crazy liars without a heart who cater to the rich and conservatives and play upon people's intolerance, fear of the new, and ignorance ...608 comments 270 Recs
- How many would-be presidential candidates agree with this guy that war with Iran is the best option? Former socialist, now diehard neoconservative jingo Joshua Muravchik wrote one of his patented ...130 comments 151 Recs
- I SAID WE'LL DO IT LIVE. If there were any remaining ...81 comments 56 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.