Posting History for Raj Purohit
|Richardson Urges All Americans to Support Obama in Quest for Mideast Peace
Fresh from his recent mission to Cuba, NM Gov Bill Richardson has decided to engage on the Israel-Palestine crisis and is urging that all Americans support the President as he tries to secure peace.
|Religious Leaders Support President Obama's Efforts to Bring Peace to the Middle East
President Obama met with Israeli leader Netanyahu and Palestinian leader Abbas today and once again made clear that he is committed to securing a final status agreement between the Israelis and the ...
|Advice from Down Under: Senate sends Obama a fillip on health care
Just wanted to share this bit of solidarity from our Aussie friends: The Australian Senate has passed ...
|Why Avaaz is Running this Ad re: Obama, Bibi and Middle East Peace
Friends, I just wanted to give you a heads up that over at Avaaz.org we have decided to run this Ad ahead of the Obama-Netanyahu face-off ...
|Escalation of Drone Use Risks Fueling Militancy and Increasing Instability in Pakistan
Friends, as you know I have raised the issue of strike drone use by the U.S. in Pakistan on a few occasions. I am currently working on this issue, and a few others, ...
|Chas Freeman's Full Statement - a MUST read (and a poll) - update
Freeman sent a note to FP and I've also received it via email. Here is the link . I was going to let ...
|Chas Freeman and Debating the Tough Foreign Policy Issues
Slowly but surely Washington, DC is becoming a place where all the foreign policy challenges we face can be seriously debated. Perhaps it was inevitable that the backlash against the groupthink and ...
|ICC Acts on Darfur - A Role for Richardson?
The International Criminal Court (ICC) has just issued an arrest warrant for Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir. This action has historical implications with al-Bashir becoming the first sitting head ...
|Stanford - another Madoff? And Cricket
In a stunning development that has rocked global cricket it has been announced that Sir Allen Stanford, the ...
|Will Obama Act to End Darfur Tragedy?
I wanted to take a couple of minutes to share an op-ed that I co-aurthored with my friend Howard Salter. It ran in the Baltimore Sun today (...
|International Justice Systems and the Muslim World: Why Bashir is Wrong
Friends - I hope you find this joint effort with my friend Amjad Atallah of interest. Amjad is the Director of the Middle East Task Force at the New America Foundation. International Justice ...
|Bush Leaves Door Open for Obama on Darfur
C-posted at American Chronicle Two weeks before he vacated the White House, President Bush finally took limited action to address ...
|Media, Bush and Torture
Over the past few days I have noticed another spike in media talking heads suggesting that the Obama administration will find it tough to roll back the Bush admin torture/interrogation policies. The ...
|Amnesty in Kenya and a New American President
Last night, on the way home from dinner with friends, I bumped into another friend and colleague I had not seen in some time. This individual, who first came to the U.S. as a political refugee from ...
|Why is a Torture Enabler Teaching at Berkeley?
Many of you have probably followed the debate at the University of Berkeley re: the position of Professor John Yoo. Briefly, Yoo is deemed to be one of the chief enablers of the U.S. torture ...
|Appeasement v Diplomacy - Bush v Obama…and Bush
When President Bush attacked presumptive Democratic Presidential nominee Barack Obama before the Israeli Knesset for his determination to engage America’s enemies, he triggered a fierce ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Raj Purohit
- Last night, I went onto the House floor and did something that the Republicans aren't used to. I told the truth about the Republican health care plan. The plan is simple: 1) Don't get sick. 2) If ...1133 comments 1971 Recs
- I watched with pride as President Obama introduced Judge Sonia Sotomayor as his supreme court nominee. Next came the inevitable parade of talking heads commenting on the pick. When Chris Matthews ...173 comments 43 Recs
- What I'm hearing from my friends in my old office on the Hill is that the Rush Limbaugh dittoheads are tying up the phone lines to Congress. They've been making 100 calls for every single ...493 comments 445 Recs
- Huffington Post is reporting that the Associated Press is claiming copyright infringement on the image ...81 comments 18 Recs
- Have you received an e-mail from a fellow democrat about the Obama celebration (aka "riot) at Arkansas State University? I just did today, and it broke my heart. ...494 comments 714 Recs
- Hat tip to Sadly, No! for finding this. You know it's silly season when Republican wingnuts ...692 comments 1000 Recs
Raj Purohit's Tags
- No current results.
Raj Purohit's Blogroll
- No current results.