Posting History for RamblinDave
|Bernard Baran, 1965-2014
Many's the hour I've lain by my window And thought of the people who carried the burden Who marched in the strange fields in search of an answer And ended their journeys an unwilling hero -Phil Ochs,
|Stop TIME-Splaining: What TIME Gets Wrong About Feminism (UPDATED)
Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past few weeks, you’re probably familiar with the “Women Against Feminism” meme that has been taking social media by storm. There have been ...
|Open Letter on the NJ Birth Case Debate
I live in Singapore. This has its advantages, such as the fact that the miserable winter most of the US just shivered through was only a rumor over here (sorry!), or how when I forget an American ...
|Mouthy Right Wing Friends on Facebook? Don't Get Mad, Get Even!
Harold is a Vietnam vet who loves our country very much, though he does have a very different view of it than I (and most other Kossacks) do. I always keep that in mind when he starts mouthing off ...
|The Promise of Buddy Holly
December 1995: I was seven months out of college, and rather the worse for wear after a couple of rough introductions to the real world. But I did have a car, and that was what mattered on that ...
|The Problem With Eleven-Dimensional Chess
Following on MinistryOfTruth’s diary on whether or not this is a matter of chess, it occurs to me that even if it were that, there would be some very serious problems with Obama trying to play ...
I wasn't going to write a diary for Loving Day. For one thing, it's the sort of thing where in this day and age, it ought to go without saying that it was just and right, just like women's suffrage ...
|Santorum: A taboo even Lou Reed wouldn’t touch. So I did it for him.
Rick Santorum had reached his limit. It was now late December, which meant he had been running for president for more than two years. Two years, and all he had to show were an asterisk in the polls ...
|New Year’s Eve 1996: The Night I Learned What We Were Up Against
As a sometime-Pennsylvanian, all the recent publicity about Ex-Sen. Santorum (how I love typing the “Ex” part of that!) has dredged up a lot of memories. Most are fairly nasty. A few are ...
|Public employee suicides - It could have been me!
I started this as a comment on the diary about the guy in California who killed himself after being laid off. But after I got everything down that I felt needed to be said, I realized it stands ...
|Music Corner: The Right Wing Top Ten
It will happen soon enough, sure as the night follows the day. With the onslaught of Republican candidates for president that we can expect in the next several months, we’re going to be treated to ...
|Not feeling the Holiday Spirit? That's okay!
It happens to the best of us some years, maybe even to most of us most years. I couldn’t tell you for sure, but I know it’s happened to me enough times for me to be confident that I’
|Confessions of a Former Kanjorski Intern
For those of us who are old enough to remember 1994, I’m sure Tuesday night reminded most of us of those dark days. Me too, but for slightly different reasons. The conventional wisdom holds ...
|The Politics of Hate Mail
I received my first hate mail today. Well, I guess "hate mail" is a rather melodramatic description of what I received, but it was just as dismissive and rude as the entries we usually see in the ...
|Blog for Choice (a day late - sorry)
(Crossposted at my blog , and it was on time there. Oops.) I have to confess to having been previously unaware of this, but today (the 22nd) is ...
|"Misquoted," "Misconstrued," What are they REALLY getting at, then?
If you've read the Salon article about the tea parties by now (and if you haven't, you ...
|Alexandra Pelosi and the difference between Left and Right
Just last week, I was kvetching with an Indian colleague of mine about an unpleasant person we'd both had to work with on occasion. When I noticed he was projecting a lot of negative assumptions on ...
|The first post-inaugural round of media bashing? You're going to love this...
(Cross-posted at my personal blog, but I thought it fit pretty well here too.) If you're anything like me, you might be wondering what the first round of "the Liberal Media is shilling for Obama" ...
|Michelman for Senate in PA? Please, no!||RamblinDave||03/02/2006||38||3||-||-|
|Aaron Burr: The Next Generation||RamblinDave||02/13/2006||3||2||1||1|
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by RamblinDave
- My mom was a hippie activist feminist. The sort who communed nude with nature, and bought her 6 year old shirts with that wonderful quote about fish needing a bicycle. Part of that was being very pro-44 comments 62 Recs
- So I’ve always been impressed with the men in my life who proudly declare that they’re feminists. Hard to believe it, but even now in the 21st Century, it takes a pretty self-confident guy to ...361 comments 43 Recs
- I've seen a lot of misinformation about what took place in Australia this week regarding a marriage equality bill that has been introduced into our Senate by Sen. David Leyonjhelm, a libertarian ...5 comments 16 Recs
- The neat green patchwork quilt of English ...60 comments 64 Recs
- This is one fashion that probably won't be coming back around. According to YesterVid , the creators of this film montage, the compilation features ...134 comments 230 Recs
- I'm descended from Buckleys and Brennans, people who immigrated to a Connecticut mill town and worked in the factory, the local newspaper, and a funeral home. One of them went into politics and ...13 comments 9 Recs
- Cross-posted at Attytood : When you think about the sheer volume of speeches that are delivered on any given day -- from state legislatures to Rotary Clubs to ...6 comments 26 Recs
- I was aware, in a very general way, of the stories surrounding Bill Cosby back in the early 1980s, when I was a kid. A member of my family worked for General Foods, the makers of Jello. This ...399 comments 238 Recs
- i saw four teens on bikes leave the youth center together, riding away from me. a young woman was walking toward me. when the teens saw the woman, two kept going, but one turned around and ...199 comments 365 Recs
- Standing in the rain outside a polling place today, touting my spouse/candidate for U.S. Congress– I struck up a conversation with a young guy doing the same for two other Democrats. His name is ...15 comments 141 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.