Posting History for Ran3dy
|Postmortem from a facebook "debate" on gay marriage
Recently on Facebook I had an ongoing debate with a friend from college regarding gay marriage. It started when he wrote as his status, in relevant part: “And my daughter informs ...
|Discrimination against a fetus?
While waiting for my Chinese takeout order tonight, I leafed casually through the USA Today there on the counter. There in the front-page sidebar, I read a snippet about the Oklahoma House ...
|Vermont votes to close VT Yankee nuke plant as scheduled
In the Vermont senate today, a bill came for consideration: whether or not to extend the license for Vermont Yankee (VY), an old-school nuclear power plant put into service in 1972. Entergy, the ...
|My stepmother, the conservative
This afternoon, I'm going snowshoeing through the woods with my girlfriend. This morning she's at work, caring for a quadriplegic man, helping him to enjoy the holiday. My daughter's at her mom's, ...
|My Car Sob Story, Part 2 of ?
Sooo, where was I? Oh yeah...gonna be late for the Mountaineers game. I looked up and saw nothing but black. I channeled Derek Smalls in asking "How much more black could it be?" And then, from the ...
|My Car Sob Story, Part 1 of ?
This diary has very little, on the surface, to do with the big national issues of the day. Rather, it is closer to a diary, in the real, hide-it-under-the-pillow sort of way as opposed the blogging ...
|FOXNEWS Suggests Army Accepts Birther Claims
(Updated title per suggestion in comments. Thanks, thelatinist ! That;s right: Fox is claiming that the Army's statement of "thanks but no ...
|On Tea and Taxes
Haven't we had enough diaries about the Tea parties, teabagging jokes, and making fun of the wingnuttery over the outright ignorance of their position? Nope.
|FrontPageMag the New Freepers?
Following a link from The Huffington Post , I was drawn into an article written by Andrew Walden ...
|"Traditional Marriage" is gender discrimination
In honor of St. Valentine, I come before you to plead a case, or rather, to enter another lines of reasoning into an already roiling discussion. Let's say that I'm in love with a person, and we ...
|The Long Johns on the financial crisis
I found this British video from a duo who call themselves the Long Johns; it's probably one of the best analyses of the current financial crisis that I've seen. We all pretty much know the basics ...
|Who's introducing sexism into the campaign?
This, from Hillary Clinton's statement yesterday: I am running for all ...
|Framing the debate: Gas Tax Holiday (w/ poll)
[My first diary here, so please be patient....] I have a thought about our framing the debate on the proposed "gas tax holiday" by Clinton and McCain. Gather 'round this here campfire an ...
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from this blog?
Set the sticky flag for this diary in the slide rotation:
Set the maximum number of slides to display in the feature:
Recommended by Ran3dy
- Last week in Texas, a Republican lawmaker proposed an amendment so outrageous, that even some of his own GOP colleagues were repulsed. ...400 comments 348 Recs
- Instead of interviewing the Vermont Senator on his Sunday "Politics" show, instead of asking his Pundit Panel what they thought of the Sanders' Candidacy, Chuck Todd took it upon himself to single-...196 comments 164 Recs
- Salon's Bill Curry says it very well here: Bernie Sanders really matters: He doesn’t have to win to build a progressive movement Stop thinking about winners, losers and the dumb horse race. Let's ...384 comments 235 Recs
- Not really. But If I were, this is the sign I would put in my door. "Dear Valued Patrons. Due to my sincerely held religious beliefs, and in light of the RFRA, recently signed by our Dear ...372 comments 733 Recs
- "Don't walk away, just listen to me. Talk to me." A protester in West Baltimore confronted Geraldo Rivera last night before he went to his live shot for Fox News. He went OFF on Geraldo, asking ...261 comments 488 Recs
- Photo : If ever a photo should exist to explain how we feel every day, from the moment we arise til we fall asleep. pic.twitter.com/m9hdWJ6TrU — The Real Segun Idowu (@RevrendDoctor) April 26, ...94 comments 209 Recs
- from 2015 White House Correspondents' Association Dinner: You won't wanna miss this! full video here Full transcript ...103 comments 206 Recs
- Read All About It. GOP News of the Week! ...24 comments 96 Recs
- Sweet Cakes By Melissa is the Oregon bakery whose owners refused to bake a same-sex couple's wedding cake. The couple took the owners to court and won the case. Oregon is one of the states that ...234 comments 139 Recs
- 'Oh spirit of Reagan, I summon thee and bind thee to my will.' Ted Cruz, the ...164 comments 81 Recs
- No current results.
- No current results.